What's new

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao's Visit to India

Don't pretend that you are surprised, given the amount of sheer hatred that I have witnessed from Indians towards Chinese people.

Yeah..yeah..like its a one way traffic..Insulting words come from members of both sides..Its your choice whether you take them seriously or, laugh them off as rant of stupid internet warriors..:cheers:

Don't pretend that you are surprised, given the amount of sheer hatred that I have witnessed from Indians towards Chinese people.
Again you are generalizing... but it is upto you to form your opinions... pick the individuals to fight not a nation... after all what we post is our opinion and may not be necessarily be an accurate representation of the majority on the street.

Sorry for the digression guys... Back to topic now.

Well said CD, did you recalled how many times we been addressed as "chinks" and "slanted eyes" by our beloved "Forever Friends" yesterday only.....

Wen visit: Chinese companies ink pacts worth $16 billion with Indian firms

1481675.jpg

After multi-billion dollar deals with US and French companies, Indian businesses are inking US$16 billion worth deals with China's industry, whose representatives are accompanying Premier Wen Jiabao on his three-day India visit.

"The (investment and trade promotion) mission is scheduled to sign economic and trade agreement worth more than US$ 16 billion with Indian companies," Wen said in the presence of commerce and industry minister Anand Sharma in New Delhi.

Addressing a gathering of Indian and Chinese Industry captains, the visiting premier said China is ready to work with India to increase the scale, and expand the scope of bilateral business cooperation.

With two-way trade between India and China poised to cross US$ 60 billion this year, Wen said that during his meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh he would discuss ways to enhance it further.

"I will discuss with Prime Minister Singh, the ways to substantially increase our trade volume and set a new target in this regard," he said.

There is enough scope for expansion of the bilateral trade as it accounted for a mere 0.2% of the world's total trade, he said, adding the two countries have completed a joint feasibility study for a regional trade agreement.

"Believing that this arrangement will benefit both sides, we look forward for the early launch of the negotiation process," Wen said.

On India's concerns on trade imbalance, he said China takes its "seriously".

"China takes seriously the trade imbalance between our countries and stands ready to take further measures to facilitate the access of Indian IT products, pharmaceuticals and agro products to the Chinese market," Wen said.

India had a trade imbalance of US$ 19 billion with China in 2009-10.

Agreements, which will be signed during Wen's visit include those between China Development Bank and Reliance Power, China Aluminium International Trading Co and Vedanta Aluminium Ltd, Bank of China and IDBI, Dongfang Electric Corporation Ltd and Abhijeet Projects Ltd.

Indian industry signed US$ 10 billion worth business deals with US companies during President Barack Obama's visit in November and followed it up with US$ 13 billion dollar worth transactions with French business groups dueing President Nicholas Sasrkozy's visit earlier this month.

Wen visit: Chinese companies ink pacts worth $16 billion with Indian firms - Money - DNA

China got a better deal than US and frenchies. :smokin:

Yeah..yeah..like its a one way traffic..Insulting words come from members of both sides..Its your choice whether you take them seriously or, laugh them off as rant of stupid internet warriors..:cheers:

It's a simple fact that according to polls, the vast majority of people in both China and India dislike and distrust the other side. We are rivals, and for good reason.

And no, it's not just the internet.

Anyway my opinions are my own business. As before, I have no grudge towards particular "individuals", even those Indians who used racist slurs against me. It just exposes what lies underneath.

Well said CD, did you recalled how many times we been addressed as "chinks" and "slanted eyes" by our beloved "Forever Friends" yesterday only.....

Yeah, even just now on my user profile, another Indian suicide troll YET AGAIN refers to me as a "chink". :rofl:

Unfortunately it's become so common that I'm not even surprised.

It's a simple fact that according to polls, the vast majority of people in both China and India dislike and distrust the other side. We are rivals, and for good reason.

And no, it's not just the internet.

Anyway my opinions are my own business. As before, I have no grudge towards particular "individuals", even those Indians who used racist slurs against me. It just exposes what lies underneath.

Were those polls were performed in the cyberspace?

Its sad however..
That it would be more beneficial for India and China.. to form an economic bloc vis a vis the west..
Even with Japan in the American court..
It would be possible to manipulate world markets..and politics much more effectively if India and China got together.

Wen Shows Delhi Students His Calligraphy Skills as India Masters Mandarin​

Dipping a brush in black ink before tracing Chinese characters on white paper, Premier Wen Jiabao used the ancient art of calligraphy to send a message of modern friendship to students in the Indian capital.

After a speech to business leaders in which he detailed $16 billion of corporate deals between the Asian giants, Wen visited south Delhi’s Tagore International School where he spent 50 minutes discussing the two countries’ relationship and their economic rise. “Friendship between China and India,” he wrote in foot-high figures before signing his name.

“He was very down to earth,” said Vatsala Pant, 16, one of 27 students to meet Wen, which had been specially decorated with Chinese dragons, red ribbons and the flags of India and China. “The interaction was very personal.”

Wen’s school visit comes at a time when Indian interest in learning Mandarin is growing as it seeks closer ties with the world’s fastest growing economy. All state secondary school pupils will have the option of learning the language from next year, reflecting the government’s effort to boost relations between the world’s two most populous nations.

Wen donated 1,000 books, DVDs and CDs as Mandarin teaching material to the school named after the Indian novelist, poet and artist Rabindranath Tagore. The Chinese leader shook hands with each of the children and posed for photographs.

“He said Chinese people respect India a lot because our economy has grown in such a short period of time,” said Tushar Rawal, 17, the school’s head boy.

Mandarin Lessons

In the world of business, India has long benefited from its large English-speaking population. Now as China’s economy surges, the government is encouraging its population to learn Mandarin, spoken by about 1 billion people, according to the CIA Factbook.

Annual bilateral trade between India and China is expected to reach $60 billion this year. Wen vowed today to reduce the $18 billion surplus in bilateral commerce that China has built.

India’s Central Board of Secondary Education said this month Chinese classes will be on the curriculum for students aged 12 and above from April. Learning Mandarin has previously only been an option for college students or those at specialized schools such as Tagore International.

For the last two years, students at Tagore International in Delhi’s Vasant Vihar area have taken part in a cultural exchange with the Jinyuan Senior High School in Shanghai. Each Thursday, the Indian students give instruction in yoga via videoconferencing; on Fridays the Chinese pupils give calligraphy lessons.

Teacher Quest

“For my students who may end up in any field later in life, learning Mandarin will be an asset,” said Madhulika Sen, the school’s principal. “It will give them an edge. Any language you can learn is an asset, but particularly Mandarin because China is an emerging superpower.”

The biggest challenge for India to meet its goal of increasing Mandarin speakers will be finding qualified teachers, according to Varaprasad Sekhar, associate professor in Chinese studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi.

“It is going to be an enormous challenge, no doubt,” said Sekhar, who teaches courses on Chinese history and was a fellow at Peking University in Beijing in 2004. “There are not many Mandarin speakers in India and many end up working at multinational companies. Most don’t go into teaching.”

The visit to the school marked the official end of Wen’s first day in India since 2005. Tomorrow he will hold talks with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

Wen Shows Delhi Students His Calligraphy Skills as India Masters Mandarin - Bloomberg

too early call the cards....these words from are normal from premier of any country visiting another country....the developments after this hyped visit will tell us how far we have come..wether we have become better neighbours or it was just a business trip.

India, China to share the plate!

Gulab Jamun and Bhuna Gosht Hara Pyaaz, among other delicacies, would be served to Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao, who arrived in New Delhi today on a three-day state visit and would be staying at the royal Grand Presidential Suite of Delhi's Taj Palace Hotel. Chefs at the hotel have prepared

a special platter, which incorporates the likes and preferences of the Premier, which include both vegetarian and non vegetarian authentic Chinese and Indian dishes with less spices.
"The Embassy had asked us to prepare our signature dishes with lesser spice content. The biggest challenge that we had to face was to prepare authentic Chinese food," says Rajesh Wadhwa, Executive Chef with the Taj Palace Hotel.

All the Indian dishes will be prepared at the Masala Art, the Indian specialty restaurant of the hotel while for the Chinese menu, suggestions from chefs from the chain of Taj hotels across the country have been sought. Very fond of Indian desserts, Wen Jiabao will be served a host of Indian sweets like Rasmalai, Anjeer aur Khajoor ka Halwa, Phirni, Gajar ka Halwa and his favourite Gulab Jamun.

Another highlight in the menu is the south Indian delicacies that were added on a special request of the Chinese diplomats.

"The breakfast will see Sambhar Uttapam, Vada and Sewai Upma in the platter," adds Mr Wadhwa.

The spacious suite that overlooks the lush greens of the Ridge has played host to various dignitaries and heads of state, from across the world including US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, then President of Pakistan Gen Parvez Musharraf, former Prime Minister of Britain Tony Blair with his wife Cherie Blair among others. The suite features a generously sized bedroom, a large living room with an adjoining dining room and also has access to a private study with a treadmill and a fully fitted pantry.

India, China to share the plate! - Hindustan Times

That will be a great news... just imagine the possibilities of trade for napalese, indians and chinese... cant wait for that to happen... i can bet, that train route will create 100s of billions of economy between the two countries.... communications is vital for asia, so our region can be global power the way it used to be hundreds of years ago...

Back
Top Bottom