What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

I still remember that moment! I almost stopped the breath the moment that I saw the picture of Type052C for the first time! Cannot believe my eyes!!The baby ship had the positions to carry four Aegis-alike radars, but, but it looks too beautiful to be true!!! The similar moment happened again in 2010 when the picture of J20 firstly leaked in internet.

I don't know when such "WOW" moment could happen again. Maybe the time to see PLAN's first 100,000 ton nuclear-powered carrier with EM catapult systems??
Coming from more modest mind, I will say "WOW" for the 3rd CV launching (whatever the carrier-based aircraft launching system: Steam or EMALS / power system: conventional or nuke; as long as size & displacement >> Liaoning) and then for every successive CV launching... :D:P

I'll say "WOW" too for the launching of the helicopter carrier :enjoy:

as well as the Type 075 landing helicopter dock

and any known Next Gen submarine - SSN & SSBN

as well as Type 052E and of course Type 055... any big naval surface asset entitles to get a "WOW" IMO :D just an appreciation knowing how challenging and costly to build one (just see the case of other naval forces even the USN)... I simply don't want to take it for granted!!

Last edited:
The 2nd type 901 general supply ship unveiled 航母二奶妈稳稳的!901补给舰二号舰进展曝光
Disclaimer: I do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials.
j7c15YQ.jpg

building such ship is a pure waste of money. We are still a developing country, we should spend our budget more wisely!!!
It's a training ship ... probably does not cost much anyways. What is a pure waste of money is spending 8000 dollars on an aircraft carrier toilet from one *ahem* specific superpower ...

China wins 2nd Pakistan Navy Int’l Nautical Competition
  • The team of Chinese Naval Academy shines with 4 gold medals
  • UAE remains runner up
Pakistan
by Dawood Rehman | Published on October 13, 2017
xPakistanNavy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DTwnfipeVO.webp

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
KARACHI – China has won the 2nd Pakistan Navy International Nautical Competition by scoring four gold medals whereas UAE remained runner up.

Chief guest Commander Karachi Rear Admiral Ather Mukhtar distributed the trophies and prizes amongst the winners.

In the three-day-long competition, a total of six teams from China, Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Pakistan Naval Academy and Pakistan Marines Academy participated.

The team of Chinese Naval Academy displayed marvelous performance throughout the event and stood overall winner of the competition.

xPak-Navy-China.jpg.pagespeed.ic.kIn3Piqoaj.webp

The competitions were conducted in various categories of swimming and Lifesaving races in Naval Physical Training and Sports Complex PNS KARSAZ as well as Seamanship race and sailing competitions at Karachi Harbor.

xChina_PNS_Karachi.jpg.pagespeed.ic.XCdN_dWa9Q.webp

The 2nd PN International Nautical Competition concluded on Friday with a prize distribution ceremony at Pakistan Naval Academy.

building such ship is a pure waste of money. We are still a developing country, we should spend our budget more wisely!!!

it isn't a waste, it is a training ship and it also promote soft power. Many navies in the world have it and they use it to train their sailors and visiting other countries to establish relationship. In fact, it amazed me that it took China that long to have one. It is just too bad that China didn't choose Chinese traditional ship, but instead a western style. They really missed a good chance to showcase Chinese ancient world class shipyard technology. Whoever made that decision should be fired.

The 1st type 901 general supply ship hull no:965 was formally assigned to the North sea fleet (快讯:901大型快速补给舰已经抵达北海舰队某军港预计将于辽宁舰航母进行补给训练!)
geili_org.gif

Disclaimer: I do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials.
L2oH4Ea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom