What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

@cirr @Deino @cnleio
Sir, is there an AEW platform that you guys use on the carrier? Like the Hawkeye? If yes, do share pics. Thanks

Yes, there is the Z-18J AEW helicopter as shown here ... But it looks still like the prototype.

Z-18J on Liaoning - 12.16.jpg

spectacular, I hope to be like the Zheng He fleet in the future(浩浩荡荡)
Within less than a decade from now we gonna see China operating six or more aircraft carriers... and possibly in late 2018 or 2019, we may see CV-16, 17 and 18 in operation... with many type 055 destroyers and a huge fleet of many other kinds incl the nuke subs... will be amazing scenes by then!

For centuries-long the Chinese always play as others' victims never stay on top in term of the military hard assets... Still have breathing time to witness that great moment of the Chinese steady progress... :china: True might indeed makes peace!

Last edited:
Well now that we are at New Years eve, i was wondering what we can expect to see development wise from the Chinese Navy in 2017. As 2017 will be the 2nd year into China's 13th 5 year plan.

Obviously we will see in a few months time the launching of China's second carrier (first all home built).........but i'am more interested to see how the 055 Cruiser will turn out to look, as that's what i call a proper surface combatant! :-)
Will we see evidence of the build of the long awaited 081 Helicopter carrier?...........and hopefully some news on the replacement for the 054A Frigate?............nearly forgot maybe start of 002 Carrier?
Regarding Submarines, i expect this to continue to be a mystery......as many Chinese themselves don't seem to know whats going on with the sub-surface fleet!
What else new wise is likely to turn up for the PLAN during 2017?

Well now that we are at New Years eve, i was wondering what we can expect to see development wise from the Chinese Navy in 2017. As 2017 will be the 2nd year into China's 13th 5 year plan.

Obviously we will see in a few months time the launching of China's second carrier (first all home built).........but i'am more interested to see how the 055 Cruiser will turn out to look, as that's what i call a proper surface combatant! :-)
Will we see evidence of the build of the long awaited 081 Helicopter carrier?...........and hopefully some news on the replacement for the 054A Frigate?............nearly forgot maybe start of 002 Carrier?
Regarding Submarines, i expect this to continue to be a mystery......as many Chinese themselves don't seem to know whats going on with the sub-surface fleet!
What else new wise is likely to turn up for the PLAN during 2017?
Due to the gov's new efforts to curb the sensitive military info leaks as happened recently with the hi-res images of CV-17 obtained by the Kyodo News, in particular among the military fans that are now regarded as high-risk group, I think only the publicly made available info will circulate. The Chinese military fans will be more sensible and self-refraining from taking risks posting the prohibited info.

Read more here:
http://en.people.cn/n3/2016/1228/c90000-9160425.html

~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy New Year 2017 PDF members! :cheers:

The final upgrade plan for 053H3 FFG (053H3型护卫舰最终改装方案曝光)
应该是B炮位一座8联装红旗7+两座双37换成一座8联装红旗10,机库左右两座双37换成两座简化版730
fzHIIJh.jpg
VRuXK4e.jpg

Historical pictures showing Yongxing Island in the 1991 with J-6 stationed VS 20 years later with J11B instead
1991年海军航8师22团歼6III和歼教6首上新建成的永兴岛机场。20多年过去,轮到歼11B们上岛了。:china:
1MrOK1p.jpg
RgCBtOz.jpg

1991年,进驻新建成永兴岛机场的歼6战机及飞行员们。
vc8GEGO.jpg

20多年后的今天,歼11B已进驻永兴岛机场。

Back
Top Bottom