What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

Yes but I think the decade long build you are referring to isn't even a DDG its a FFG the Shivalik class 8-)

Oh my... I didn't know that. I was referring to the Kolkata DDG. Amended my original comment accordingly.

If India took 10 years to finish a mere frigate, with most systems (sensors, weapons, munitions) imported, including the steel used for her hull, then I can't even begin to imagine how long it would take to finish the Vikrant.

Anyone care to guess? I'd say 25 years is the minimum. I think realistically Vikrant will not achieve full operational status until 2040.

How could India have fallen so far behind China?

Last edited:
More from the "South China Sea Live Firing Exercise" over hundreds planes, navy ships participated
it1ZeVr.jpg

AT6H1iC.jpg
xavEMIp.jpg
Ts899rh.jpg
abF9utc.jpg
N5HX1Bs.jpg
7GCwb92.jpg
ljHLMjj.jpg

Oh my... I didn't know that. I was referring to the Kolkata DDG.

If India took 10 years to finish a mere frigate, with most systems (sensors, weapons, munitions) imported, including the steel used for her hull, then I can't even begin to imagine how long it would take to finish the Vikrant.

Anyone care to guess? I'd say 25 years is the minimum. I think realistically Vikrant will not achieve full operational status until 2040.

How could India have fallen so far behind China?
They had to import the steel from Russia. Yup, an indigenous ship with Russian steel, that explains the in-denial mentality.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom