What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

A very interesting photo

190221dkku7o0f1a8u7jz4.jpg

:enjoy::tup:
What is interesting? Higher ranking officer holds umbrella for lower ranking one? Or the walkie-talkie?

What is interesting? Higher ranking officer holds umbrella for lower ranking one? Or the walkie-talkie?

This may have something related to steam or eletro-magnetic cat to be or not to be deployed on the 002 aircraft carrier which is No. 1 hot topic in Chinese navy forums.

That is why it is interesting that the boss is taking good care of the one in charge of the new tech. What does this indicate?

This may have something related to steam or eletro-magnetic cat to be or not to be deployed on the 002 aircraft carrier which is No. 1 hot topic in Chinese navy forums.

That is why it is interesting that the boss is taking good care of the one in charge of the new tech. What does this indicate?
It has long been an PLA tradition as PLA suffered terribly with poor weaponry in early days. I wouldn't read much into it.

I am rooting for Professor Ma and his EMALS, because I am sure his team is going to win.

POP3 is rooting for the steam catapult, because he is part of the project.

Big boss take care of technological head :enjoy::tup:
Very interesting.

You can have the commander of the PLAN holding up the umbrella if you happen to lead the team behind fully integrated electric propulsion system and EMALS. :lol::lol:

Facility of PLA Naval University of Engineering, Wuhan

20160630125048_68e394f93ebc96a41ccfff96d56e257b_1.jpeg

20160630125048_68e394f93ebc96a41ccfff96d56e257b_3.jpeg

Shanghai
20160630125048_68e394f93ebc96a41ccfff96d56e257b_4.jpeg

Last edited:
Rumours now have it that Admiral Wu and his entire cortege from the PLAN HQ was shown, among others, the prototype of a railgun during their recent inspection tour of the Naval University of Engineering.

If true, China has opened up the 2nd front for the new-concept weapon.

A race between BIT and NUE is on. :enjoy:

The speed with which China builds her first aircraft carrier must be very alarming to India, which still struggles to finish her first indigenous carrier, even though its construction began FOUR years before her Chinese counterpart and displacing 25000 tons less. Given that it takes India 10 years to build a mere frigate or destroyer (with most components being imported), I fear China will see her first carrier enter service long before India will see hers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom