What's new

Chinese Navy (PLAN) News & Discussions

26 056s commissioned。

A total of some 60 056s and variants will be built。

11 052Ds are built or being built at JN and DL。A total of over 20 Ds will be built,with the possibility of an upgrade。

Regarding 056's...........i ask because only last week in one of your posts you showed a picture of an 056 at a shipyard, saying it was the 26th vessel launched. :-)
It is generally believed by Western sources that China has so far made around 20-22 056's active, as to this present point of time. I havnt found any info, even on Chinese websites stating any more!
Where did these extra 056's appear from, and do you have pennant numbers and names for these vessels? Thanks

As i've said before, its a shame someone deleted the 056 build info on the 'wiki' page!

Regarding 056's...........i ask because only last week in one of your posts you showed a picture of an 056 at a shipyard, saying it was the 26th vessel launched. :-)
It is generally believed by Western sources that China has so far made around 20-22 056's active, as to this present point of time. I havnt found any info, even on Chinese websites stating any more!
Where did these extra 056's appear from, and do you have pennant numbers and names for these vessels? Thanks

As i've said before, its a shame someone deleted the 056 build info on the 'wiki' page!

Sorry,my mistake。26 056s built or launched so far。

The pace of construction of 056s at HD has been slowed due to the need to allocate resources for the timely completion of an export order of 4 C28As,the first of has just returned from sea trials and the third of which will be launched in the next couple of months。

Sorry,my mistake。26 056s built or launched so far。

The pace of construction of 056s at HD has been slowed due to the need to allocate resources for the timely completion of an export order of 4 C28As,the first of has just returned from sea trials and the third of which will be launched in the next couple of months。

Yes, and with China getting more and more export orders for warships, it must be quite a juggle for the Chinese shipyards, to fit these orders in, while at the same time fulfilling the requirements for the construction of Chinese naval vessels!.......its all a matter of priorities...........which is the most important?

Regarding 052D's is it likely that we will see the 2nd vessel commissioned before the end of this year?

Don't forget Zubrs !
0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Yes, and with China getting more and more export orders for warships, it must be quite a juggle for the Chinese shipyards, to fit these orders in, while at the same time fulfilling the requirements for the construction of Chinese naval vessels!.......its all a matter of priorities...........which is the most important?

Regarding 052D's is it likely that we will see the 2nd vessel commissioned before the end of this year?

2nd vessel commissioned definitely,3rd possible(more a question of enough skilled crews to operate the vessel。The CCG has run into the same problem of lacking crews to man the 12800-ton flagship which has been handed over to the end user according to the shipbuilder JN)

JN-D8 minus super-structure in the hallway

JN-D8.jpg

Also seen in the pic is a new mine hunter 8XX。:D

Last edited:

The 2nd Type 052D was commissioned back in April, but they didn't announce it just like they did with the 6th Type 052C.

ZT:173“长沙”舰入列-海军版-超级大本营军事论坛-最具影响力军事论坛 -

The 2nd Type 052D was commissioned back in April, but they didn't announce it just like they did with the 6th Type 052C.

ZT:173“长沙”舰入列-海军版-超级大本营军事论坛-最具影响力军事论坛 -

Yes.........i know some Chinese warships, lets say have a quiet commissioning........where the news of the event is not widely reported, even amongst Chinese sources.............BUT do you know for sure that the 2nd 052D has been commissioned? i.e. have you seen a news report somewhere confirming this (in English)?..........the link you provided was to a registration page only in Chinese:hitwall:
Its very likely coz the 2nd 052D has been on sea trials for a very long time now!

One point that has been raised a few times, is that its one thing to quickly build ships, but its another, to also find the people and train them to a level, to competently man these high tech vessels........therefore China must also have a very busy recruitment and training programme for the Navy!

Last edited:
Yes.........i know some Chinese warships, lets say have a quiet commissioning........where the news of the event is not widely reported, even amongst Chinese sources.............BUT do you know for sure that the 2nd 052D has been commissioned? i.e. have you seen a news report somewhere confirming this (in English)?..........the link you provided was to a registration page only in Chinese:hitwall:
Its very likely coz the 2nd 052D has been on sea trials for a very long time now!

One point that has been raised a few times, is that its one thing to quickly build ships, but its another, to also find the people and train them to a level, to competently man these high tech vessels........therefore China must also have a very busy recruitment and training programme for the Navy!

Since 153, all DDGs are going to commission quietly, even the local government won't report it anymore.

Artist impression of 40,000 Tonnes Type 075 LHD.
Hope this Big Baby will come true, soon ! :D

Attachments

• 1437112685539.jpg
    1437112685539.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 79
Zubr LCAC ferried by 868 Mobile Landing Platform (MLP) :cool:

Attachments

• 1437128088658.jpg
    1437128088658.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 1437128121190.jpg
    1437128121190.jpg