What's new

Chinese Muslim Capital, Urumuqi, City, people and life

Urumuqi's 75.3% population is Han Chinese. Not that it matters, but why has the OP called it a muslim capital? What does it mean?

Production in industry and agriculture as well as the tertiary sector inscribes an activity region of Xinjiang and smaller sets of regions within Xinjiang. Regions of cultural identification in Xinjiang are constituted through relations between and within ethnic groups. The region is the medium for social interaction; the relationships that link together institutions and people shape that region. Northern Xinjiang has most of the industry and commerce. Substantial numbers of Han and Uyghur along with Kazakh reside here. The focus of the north is found in the industrial municipalities of Urumqi, Karamay, and Shihezi – this is the modern day core of Xinjiang’s economy populated mostly by Han. In contrast Southern Xinjiang is more rural, with an agricultural economy. Much of the population in the south is Uyghur, Kashgar in the south is mostly Uyghur; however there are more Han in the cities now especially in Korla and Aksu.
http://www.cecc.gov/pages/roundtabl...df?PHPSESSID=ef1b041442fe5f9302e787af7e5ac04a

Urumai is a Han populated city and not quite the Muslim capital that it used to be.

I would not have commented but for the title of the thread Chinese Muslim Capital, Urumuqi, City, people and life .

The title is misleading and false in intent, but good for reinforcing and promoting disinformation and propaganda!

China is very beutiful, Shanghai or Urumqi both are equally developed, some duffers supported by Chinese enemies were creating trouble in such a beutiful city to spoil China's image in Muslim World. Pakistan need to learn alot from Chinese brothers.

:smitten::china: :smitten::pakistan:

Time to smell the coffee.

Duffers were not creating trouble.

The so called duffers whose state it was, are being reduced to becoming a minority and maybe they feel that it would obliterate their individuality in religion, culture and language.

Unless one knows Mandarin, one does not get a white collar job and unless they learn Mandrin, they cannot go to Universities.

Further, nobody is allowed to get Islamic religious education under 18 or allowed in the Mosques if not of 18+.

Of course, some are of the view that it is a good thing if regional identities, culture, language and religion is obliterated. It helps in keeping things under control and prevents fundamentalists from causing trouble.

i can start to see some indians coming to turn this thread into a trolling contest``

Fact: Xingjiang has the most muslim population in China, so there is no problem to call it the Muslim capital of China

and about your job and education thing is even more rediculous, if you dont speak English you dont get a job or go to university in the U.K, same applies to China, if you cant speak mandarin you dont get a job and go to university, coz madarin is the only official language in China, and deal with it

i guess some people just want to be clowns, as reality always tells them 'off'`

I am very fond of hami melon ,sweet grapes,big watermelon,mutton skewers from uygur of xinjiang china.:smitten:

btw.Various nationalities of China all have a high respect for moslem people .they enjoys many privileges in china and every city has beautiful mosque in china.

actually, I am also a moslem people from china.but i am a hui nationality of china.:china:
Glad to hear this. There is a Muslim autonomous region near my hometown, their ancestors migrated there about 700 years ago, but I failed to notice any differece about them other than their religion, probably becoz they were kinda of assiminated by the locals.

i can start to see some indians coming to turn this thread into a trolling contest``

Fact: Xingjiang has the most muslim population in China, so there is no problem to call it the Muslim capital of China

and about your job and education thing is even more rediculous, if you dont speak English you dont get a job or go to university in the U.K, same applies to China, if you cant speak mandarin you dont get a job and go to university, coz madarin is the only official language in China, and deal with it

i guess some people just want to be clowns, as reality always tells them 'off'`

It is not trolling good man. It is to expose the falsehood that you are trying to proejct.

If Urumqi is the Muslim capital, why don't you call Peking the Buddhist capital?

Stop getting cute.

The use of Muslim is understood and good propaganda work indeed!

Here it is on how Muslim East Turkmenistan is.

Sarkozy and other European leaders should now explain to the Tibetans how they can countenance attending games organised by a regime that is repressing their rights. But the Tibetans are not the only nationality that deserves an explanation: so too do the Uighurs, the Turkic Muslim population of Xinjiang.

The Uighurs are relatively little-known, but aspects of their history will be familiar to any European who knows something of Tibet. Seized by the Chinese communist government in 1949, after five years as an independent state (the East Turkestan Republic), Xinjiang has – like Tibet – in past decades been subject to a massive influx of Han Chinese, a deliberate attempt by Beijing to dilute the indigenous population, weaken the Uighurs’ distinctive culture, identity, religion and language and tie Xinjiang more tightly to the rest of China. As in Tibet, China’s sensitivity to separatism in Xinjiang is acute. Sixty-five Uighurs are about to be tried for “separatism” and face the death penalty. And, as in Tibet, the Chinese authorities took extreme care to ensure that the Olympic torch relay passed through Xinjiang with no public demonstrations.

An enforced exodus

............in a turn of events that is paradoxical given the influx of Han Chinese into Xinjiang, the state is spurring – to use the mildest word possible – an exodus of Uighurs from north-western China to work in factories in eastern China.

This is not an exodus of choice and nor is it a mass movement: it is coerced “transfer” – to use Beijing’s own term – and solely involves single, teenage Uighur women. Chinese authorities want “to resettle” around 400,000 Uighur girls and young women in this manner as part of their 11th Five-Year Plan. The policy began to be implemented in June 2006. By March 2007, according to the Xinjiang Daily, there had already been 240,000 transfers to China’s eastern provinces.

The Chinese government claims that the policy aims at “providing employment opportunities and generating income” for the poor farming families who live in Xinjiang, but there is no doubt that its agenda is political, its policy selective and its methods coercive.

The true nature of the plan – and an example of how Chinese official rhetoric moves seamlessly from faux paternalism to overt coercion – was demonstrated in a speech given by the head of the Communist Party in Kashgar, Shi Dagang, in April 2007: “Transferring the rural labour force is an all-inclusive and major policy, closely tied to the future development of our region. Allowing the Uighurs to work elsewhere through various means is an important step toward generating more income for the farmers and developing the Uighur people. Whoever obstructs the Uighur public from working in the exterior will become a criminal of Kashgar and a criminal of the Uighur people.”

There is no doubt that the crime here is Chinese policy. In most instances, Uighur girls and their parents cannot refuse this transfer. In order to “facilitate” large-scale transfers, Chinese officials have admitted that they forced Uighurs to send their daughters to China’s eastern provinces because they would have been removed from their posts if they had refused. Village officials have threatened to confiscate farmers’ land and destroy their homes. Farmers’ daughters have been threatened with the confiscation of their resident registration cards and refusal to issue them marriage certificates. Once in eastern China, the girls are denied the right to return to their hometowns or to speak Uighur. (There working days are also long and their payments irregular.)
Crimes that demand a response

........... The Chinese authorities are deliberately targeting Uighur women; no Han Chinese girls are ‘transferred’. The number of women affected – over 240,000 already and 400,000 expected – is massive in absolute terms and huge in relative terms: there are just nine million Uighurs in Xinjiang. Beijing is quite clearly trying to change the demographic make-up of Xinjiang by reducing the number of potential mothers in the local Uighur community. In one generation alone – basing our calculation on a continuation of the ‘one family, one child’ policy – there will be 400,000 fewer children of Uighur descent on both sides.

Forced “resettling” of young UIGHUR Women in China « EUROPE TURKMEN FRIENDSHIPS

It is not trolling good man. It is to expose the falsehood that you are trying to proejct.

If Urumqi is the Muslim capital, why don't you call Peking the Buddhist capital?

Stop getting cute.

The use of Muslim is understood and good propaganda work indeed!

Here it is on how Muslim East Turkmenistan is.

you just been paranoid``Xingjiang is traditioanlly associated with muslim people, doesnt matter there have more Han or less than muslim population.

according to you funny theory, London is no longer the english city as multi-national people are more than the local`

your link is just another propaganda from other side`how sad`!

and more interesting part is you never argue on topic``first you started by bring those 'unfair' situation chinese muslim have in education and job opportunities, then i debunked your obscure baseless assumption```and then you bring up this forcing muslum girls to 're-alocate'?

are you from Xian?

I come from jinan,Shandong province.

Unity of Nationalities
KSQ2I.jpg

jinan mosque
PDR5R.jpg

PIhRO.jpg

jinan hui nationality muslim people
70Phsh.jpg

you just been paranoid``Xingjiang is traditioanlly associated with muslim people, doesnt matter there have more Han or less than muslim population.

according to you funny theory, London is no longer the english city as multi-national people are more than the local`

your link is just another propaganda from other side`how sad`!

and more interesting part is you never argue on topic``first you started by bring those 'unfair' situation chinese muslim have in education and job opportunities, then i debunked your obscure baseless assumption```and then you bring up this forcing muslum girls to 're-alocate'?

The difference is that there was no forced exodus to UK.

Nor did the British want to change the demography as China has done to Muslim Turkmenistan or Xinjaing.

Back
Top Bottom