What's new

Chinese mobile-maker Xiaomi may move its operations from India to Pakistan after Indian govt freezes its assets worth $676M

You can bet they won't do that. If they do that, they lose access to the Indian market. Access to a market of 1.4 billion is more important than access to a market of 250 million, that too assuming same incomes in both the places. They have been minting money in India and have cornered the market, and only become more greedy. These court cases will knock some sense into them and they will come back to their senses.
Even if Xiaomi Company manufactures mobile phones in Pakistan, you Indians will continue to buy Xiaomi mobile phones.

We know Indians very well.

You will sell your votes for a gift of several hundred rupees. In the same way, you will ignore the "Made in Pakistan" behind mobile phones for excellent cost performance.

Indians are different from Chinese. The Chinese are good at practical actions. Just because not use cotton from Xinjiang, we can make Nike, Adidas and H&M's market in China shrink by more than 50%, and make Adidas share price drop 70%. And Indian patriotism only exists on the Internet and in the mouth.

Last edited:
With the CPEC now fully operational, it makes sense for Chinese manufacturers like Xiaomi is use Pak as a preferred manufacturing base.

Regards

To be honest Chinese brands belong to Pakistan because..

Tax evasion is the primary business in that country.

Anyway KLPD for Pakistani membran ..

XIaomi India twitter

LOL CCP's Little PInk.. He said nothing wrong.. China is milking Pakistan like goat..

CHinese companies getting contracts.. Chinese workers , CHinese raw material , heck even there food comes from China since they live in gated community.

and Pakistani gets TOfu Dreg structure and debt..
Nothing you slum beggars can do about it but just be jealousy.

Xiaomi will go bankrupt if not for Indian market. Half of their global sales are in India.
I don't care for Xiaomi's fate one way or the other to be honest. Before the end of this decade, I hope some reliable Indian brands can make a dent into India's domestic market. There is a better chance for that if Chinese brands decide to leave in a few years :coffee:

I don't care for Xiaomi's fate one way or the other to be honest. Before the end of this decade, I hope some reliable Indian brands can make a dent into India's domestic market. There is a better chance for that if Chinese brands decide to leave in a few years :coffee:
Yes, I will pay extra for a reliable mobile made in India brand. A message to Indian manufacturers, please make it expensive but make it reliable, there are people who don't care about the price, please come with a feature loaded phone in the 20-30k price band, not everyone is looking for a cheap Chinese phone, give us options, you will find lakhs of customers who are ready to pay 50% extra.

Xiaomi will go bankrupt if not for Indian market. Half of their global sales are in India.
The Indian market accounts for only 20% of millet sales.

Indians can only make cow dung lamps, not mobile phones. Even if all Chinese brands leave, you will only buy Samsung, Apple and smuggled Chinese mobile phones.

The Indian market accounts for only 20% of millet sales.

Indians can only make cow dung lamps, not mobile phones. Even if all Chinese brands leave, you will only buy Samsung, Apple and smuggled Chinese mobile phones.
The only reason Chinese mobiles are selling in India is they are cheap. 10 years in the market, no Chinese company could remove "Cheap" tag from their branding. This is visible in their sales figures too. Chinese companies dominate in sub $100 phones. Anything above $200, people would go straight for Samsung or Apple.

The only reason Chinese mobiles are selling in India is they are cheap. 10 years in the market, no Chinese company could remove "Cheap" tag from their branding. This is visible in their sales figures too. Chinese companies dominate in sub $100 phones. Anything above $200, people would go straight for Samsung or Apple.
Yes, Indians are also very cheap.

In 2021, Xiaomi sold 40.1 million mobile phones in India, with a total sales of 1.12 billion dollars. The average price is $279 per phone. So let me correct you. You Indians will still choose Xiaomi for mobile phones worth more than 200 dollars.

Indians will choose Samsung only when they buy mobile phones for $300 to $500.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom