What's new

Chinese Missiles News & Discussions

The Taklamakan desert is part of what is generally known and termed as "gebidamo-戈壁大漠“ in Chinese and Gobi desert in English.

Let me repeat: the whole of northwest China west of the Jiayuguan Pass is popularly known by the name of "Gobi desert".

Even a whiteman knows this, but the strict fact is, the recent tests occured in Taklamakan, not in Gobi, from a pure geographical point of view.

You want to be "general" and to use the larger terme Gobi, I don't really care, but this doesn't change the fact that those tests were carried out in Taklamakan, from a pure geographical point of view.

I love things to be precise, but I can tolerate approximation. We can argue for months, but this won't change anything in my mind, even if I understand what you mean.

I would trust a Chinese than a whiteman on Chinese matter.

From time to time, you might have surprise. :azn:

Henri K.

194342ti301eetz8ehk5e1.jpg

194352gii8ujp1itp1xo8l.jpg

194357shgvgk61a220aqkc.jpg

194404f7ujn9cjp4ibcwe4.jpg

194407id4dlddzdljmt7xt.jpg

194411sb3n4b4yz4fq3jbh.jpg

194415b5gkvkk9mzlvkskt.jpg

CtqMKJJVYAAt77O-696x454.jpg

China has successfully completed a live-firing demonstration of its new HQ-17 medium-range anti-air missile system. The HQ-17 missile system of 38th Mechanized Group Army has successfully conducted live-fire exercises.

The new HQ-17 medium-range anti-air missile system bears strong resemblance to the Russian Tor-M1 missile system. The only difference is that the new Chinese missile system has identification, friend or foe (IFF) array on top of an electronically scanned radar.

The HQ-17 may have a short range, but manufacturer claims for its Tor-M1 relative claim that it has a 90% probably of destroying cruise missiles. That was reported bywww.popsci.com.

The HQ-17 is rugged enough to keep up with frontline units like tank battalions, as seen here with the 41st Group Army in Guangzhou Province, and protect them from helicopter and drone attacks. At the same time, its vertically launched missiles allows the Tor M1/HQ-17 to engage multiple cruise missiles like the American Tomahawk or Taiwanese HF-IIE aimed at Chinese command and control infrastructure.

HQ-17 medium-range anti-air missile system

http://defence-blog.com/news/china-...opy-of-the-russian-tor-m1-missile-system.html

Excellent & congrats to China on successful test of their new air defence system.

This is what Pakistan needs & I am pretty sure Pakistan is going to acquire them in the future. Russians have already offered Pakistan Tor M1, but now HQ17 is a strong contender & surely Pakistan is going to acquire them. Not only Pakistan will be able to target enemy aircraft but also their Cruise missiles.

Excellent & congrats to China on successful test of their new air defence system.

This is what Pakistan needs & I am pretty sure Pakistan is going to acquire them in the future. Russians have already offered Pakistan Tor M1, but now HQ17 is a strong contender & surely Pakistan is going to acquire them. Not only Pakistan will be able to target enemy aircraft but also their Cruise missiles.

One is a copy and the other is the original, I am sure PA would prefer the original, the Russians would prefer hard cash.

TOR M2 is much better and need to be considered for Pakistan Army.
On what basics?

http://www.popsci.com/blog-network/eastern-arsenal/hq-17-classic-russian-missile-new-chinese-twist

One is a copy and the other is the original, I am sure PA would prefer the original, the Russians would prefer hard cash.
J-15 a copy of Su-33 has much higher thrust engine, using 3D printing and composite to produce lighter and stronger airframe than old Su-33. The avionics has a massive upgrade of using AESA radar compare to doppler pulse Su-33.

So your point?

https://defence.pk/threads/hq-17-joint-pla-army-new-field-sam-system.351551/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom