What's new

Chinese Metro Transport News & Updates

An embarrassed Shandong provincial capitial --- Jinan.

I think it is not a reason for embarrassment. I have been to Shandong Province and stayed in Jinan for a while.

The reason Jinan does not have metro, people told me, is not due to a lazy or penniless local government, but due to the special geological form of the city.

Otherwise, if Qingdao can have metro, Jinan would definitely have.

There are underground water reserves and springs all over the city. If an underground metro is built, the geological form will be destroyed.

Perhaps the best solution is tramway, for Jinan. Currently, there is no tramway line there, I think.

I think it is not a reason for embarrassment. I have been to Shandong Province and stayed in Jinan for a while.

The reason Jinan does not have metro, people told me, is not due to a lazy or penniless local government, but due to the special geological form of the city.

Otherwise, if Qingdao can have metro, Jinan would definitely have.

There are underground water reserves and springs all over the city. If an underground metro is built, the geological form will be destroyed.

Perhaps the best solution is tramway, for Jinan. Currently, there is no tramway line there, I think.
Jinan Subway will open the first line in Jan. 2019, 50% elevated, 50% underground.
Second line in 2020, and another in 2021.

205436616z6e6e1tt647k4.jpg

Jinan Subway will open the first line in Jan. 2019, 50% elevated, 50% underground.
Second line in 2020, and another in 2021.

View attachment 512263

That would be a great improvement. When I was there there was already construction going on but people I asked were not sure that was going to be entirely elevated or partly underground.

This will definitely contribute to the air quality by taking out some of the private cars from commuting.

That would be a great improvement. When I was there there was already construction going on but people I asked were not sure that was going to be entirely elevated or partly underground.

This will definitely contribute to the air quality by taking out some of the private cars from commuting.

Wuxi City's subway line 4 construction!
Great city needs great public transport!

四号线河埒口 大剧院站工地 @无锡地铁 ​​​​.jpg

7315cb7fgy1fmarzasrorj23402c0x6r.jpg

Construction of mainland's deepest undersea subway tunnel completed
Xinhua | Updated: 2018-11-06 15:53

5be14873a310eff36904dff5.png

Screen shot from CCTV News shows the deepest undersea subway tunnel on the Chinese mainland.

QINGDAO - China announced Tuesday that construction has finished on its deepest undersea subway tunnel on the mainland.

The cross-sea subway tunnel, running 8.1 kilometers with 3.49 km of the line undersea, links the east and west parts of Qingdao, a coastal city in East China's Shandong province, said the China Railway No.3 Engineering Group.

It is the deepest undersea subway tunnel on the Chinese mainland, with its deepest section extending 88 meters under sea level, said the group, one of the constructors.

Construction of the tunnel started in September 2015, according to local media. It is part of a 59.97-km subway line that links downtown Qingdao with its Huangdao district, significantly cutting travel time from one side to the other.

1123670820_15414731117401n.jpg

1123670820_15414731118211n.jpg

128811235_14582695086701n.jpg

Last edited:
Construction of mainland's deepest undersea subway tunnel completed
Xinhua | Updated: 2018-11-06 15:53

5be14873a310eff36904dff5.png

Screen shot from CCTV News shows the deepest undersea subway tunnel on the Chinese mainland.

QINGDAO - China announced Tuesday that construction has finished on its deepest undersea subway tunnel on the mainland.

The cross-sea subway tunnel, running 8.1 kilometers with 3.49 km of the line undersea, links the east and west parts of Qingdao, a coastal city in East China's Shandong province, said the China Railway No.3 Engineering Group.

It is the deepest undersea subway tunnel on the Chinese mainland, with its deepest section extending 88 meters under sea level, said the group, one of the constructors.

Construction of the tunnel started in September 2015, according to local media. It is part of a 59.97-km subway line that links downtown Qingdao with its Huangdao district, significantly cutting travel time from one side to the other.

1123670820_15414731117401n.jpg

1123670820_15414731118211n.jpg

128811235_14582695086701n.jpg
Qingdao is always a mysterious city for me even I am chinese myself!

Beijing subway line length extended to 637 km

Xinhua, December 31, 2018

The total length of operational subway lines in Beijing were extended to 637 km on Sunday with the trial operation of two extension lines.

The Line 6 extension and the third and fourth phase of Line 8, which cover 28.6 km, went into trial operation on Sunday, hoping to ease traffic congestion in the capital city.

Beijing now has 22 metro lines. In 2017, the city's metro system measured 608 kilometers. Shanghai has the country's longest metro systems with a total length of 705 km in operation as of Sunday.

Automated metro train rolls off assembly line in Changchun
Source: Xinhua| 2019-01-22 21:00:13|Editor: ZX

CHANGCHUN, Jan. 22 (Xinhua) -- An eight-car metro train, with the world's most advanced automated subway-line technology, for use in Chengdu rolled off the assembly line Tuesday in Changchun, northeast China's Jilin Province.

Two extra cars are added to the train, compared with conventional metro trains, to allow a larger passenger capacity during rush hours, experts with CRRC Changchun Railway Vehicles Company said.

With a maximum speed of 100 km per hour, the wide-body train can carry up to 3,456 passengers on a single trip.

Trains with the fourth grade automation system are capable of operating automatically, including with obstacle detection and remote control.

China tests new generation of faster, bigger maglev
Source: Xinhua| 2019-01-26 22:01:38|Editor: ZX

CHANGSHA, Jan. 26 (Xinhua) -- China's major train maker on Saturday tested a new generation of maglev train with a designed speed of 160 km per hour, about 60 percent faster than the current model, in Changsha, capital of central China's Hunan Province.

The new model has a 30-percent increase in traction efficiency and can carry six more tonnes in weight compared with the previous generation, according to Tong Laisheng, head of the maglev research institute of the CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Co., Ltd., the developer.

It can carry up to 500 passengers with three carriages, Tong said.

China's first medium-low-speed maglev rail line was put into commercial operation in May 2016 in Changsha.

The new model is expected to lay a technical foundation for introducing medium-speed maglev train systems in the future, Tong said. CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive is also developing a more advanced maglev model with a top speed of 200 km per hour.

794e198ec28a6cf.jpg

document_news_content_5c4c0865e77cc_watermark1.jpg

document_news_content_5c4c0d0fc1af7_watermark1.jpg

document_news_content_5c4c0862829d2_watermark1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom