What's new

Chinese - MengShi 4x4 Military jeep

I am very baffled by this story. A380 is 500 people max and it takes special runways.
If this is a typo, it is 1.7 seater, 17 seater or 170 seater?? Or are they truly trying for a 1,700 seater??

Might be flawed reporting or typo. An aircraft with a 1,700 seating capacity is impossible in both technical and operational terms.

Wonder what's next? "Indigenous" battlecruisers? :lol:

He might be talking about 17 seater Saras.. 1700 is tooo much for any aircraft..

That makes more sense!

Who says?? They are making 1,700 seater plane. AH HAhahaha.

1,700-seater indigenous aircraft soon - The Times of India

PANAJI: Union minister of state for science, technology and earth sciences Ashwani Kumar said a 1,700-seater passenger aircraft will be rolled out in the next seven years.

Speaking in Panaji, Kumar said development of the aircraft is in an advanced stage and hoped India will be able to produce this state-of-the-art indigenous passenger aircraft soon.

“This will lead to the development of 34 to 40 new aircraft,” Kumar said. He said this would have a tremendous impact in connecting 2-tier and 3-tier cities. “There are many countries developing such aircraft but India and China are front runners,” he said. The aircraft is being designed and developed by the National Aerospace Laboratory, Bangalore.

nice try.... but this thread is not about that you know ...:azn::azn:

u can laugh all u want, but in a war between china and india today, india would be lucky to last 5 days.
even the australian military can beat india.
What the heck were you smoking when you wrote this crap? Such nonsensical posts deserve to be treated with the contempt they deserve. When you are not aware of military affairs, don't keep shooting from the hip! Just stick to the limited topics you know which may not be many anyway. Your childish sarcasm exhibits intellectual deficit!

Now go get some fresh air.

That's his opnion... But we really appreciate your efforts like J-20 and other stuff those seems formidable, Why Chinese designer didn't come up with some original design instead of copying a car.. Was it really hard for them to desgin ? It's really shameful when you are developing your own 5th gen fighter and same time comming up with rip off HumVEE...

So my point would be same.. PLA should not include it in its inventory...

RG

Donfeng Mengshi is not a knock off or rip off, it was developed with GM's full support and co-operation. GM's gesture is due to the importance of Chinese car market to its survival. They depended on profits from China car market to to turn around from brink of bankctupcy. GM in fact has supply engines, gear box etc to Dongfeng for the initial batches of Mengshi until Dingfeng was able to manufactured all parts in China, some were under licenced.
Also, there may be un-disclosed agreement and licence fees paid to GM by Dongfeng.

To say Mengshi in inferior would indirectly saying AGM's HUMVEE is inferior as both were built to similar specification. And how could you say it is a rip off as GM has given full consent. Have you seen GM ever complained in the press? Or suing Dongfeng for infringement of patten rights? Don't forget they have ownership in HUMVEE's patten rights.

Donfeng Mengshi is not a knock off or rip off, it was developed with GM's full support and co-operation. GM's gesture is due to the importance of Chinese car market to its survival. They depended on profits from China car market to to turn around from brink of bankctupcy. GM in fact has supply engines, gear box etc to Dongfeng for the initial batches of Mengshi until Dingfeng was able to manufactured all parts in China, some were under licenced.
Also, there may be un-disclosed agreement and licence fees paid to GM by Dongfeng.

To say Mengshi in inferior would indirectly saying AGM's HUMVEE is inferior as both were built to similar specification. And how could you say it is a rip off as GM has given full consent. Have you seen GM ever complained in the press? Or suing Dongfeng for infringement of patten rights? Don't forget they have ownership in HUMVEE's patten rights.

If all thing you written is true (I suspect though ;)) then why didn't you come up with this earlier. Can you provide some links to digest it.. ;)

RG

If all thing you written is true (I suspect though ;)) then why didn't you come up with this earlier. Can you provide some links to digest it.. ;)

RG

I don't feel obliged to answer to a troll, use your common sense and google around. I don't work for you. Next time, do some research before posting rubbish.

He might be talking about 17 seater Saras.. 1700 is tooo much for any aircraft..

I am compelled to believe you.

Perhaps your PM Mohanman should not say in 5 years Mumbai catches Shanghai, but in 500 years. That sounds more reasonable...

Anyway, Indian mouths are simply magical. I love them. They are the tenth wonder of the world.
Your ambassador to US in 1974 said you did not explode nuclear bomb but a peaceful device. And he said you exploded it because you were poor and needed more energy and FOOD(!).

Gee, a nuclear bomb can even produce foooood! What a physics! :lol:

:rofl:

I don't feel obliged to answer to a troll, use your common sense and google around. I don't work for you. Next time, do some research before posting rubbish.

Then admit urself that you r troll.. you don't have anything to backup your claim..

Then admit urself that you r troll.. you don't have anything to backup your claim..

Humvee manufacturing in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are at least two Chinese automobile manufacturers building Humvee copies, possibly with the assistance of AM General. Both Humvee copies rely heavily on imported U.S.-made parts including chassis, gear box, and diesel engine. It appears that at least one company, Dongfeng Motor Corporation (DFM), has the full consent and cooperation of AM General. Both manufacturers claimed that they will be able to gradually increase the percentage of indigenously made content on the vehicles in the future, since the PLA is unlikely willing to accept any equipment that relies largely on foreign made parts.

Dongfeng EQ2050 Mengshi Light Utility Vehicle - SinoDefence.com
The vehicle is available in seven variants all sharing the same chassis, with four basic hull designs (soft-top, hard-top, truck, and van) and two powerplant configurations (license built Cummins EQB150-20 110kW/2,700R turbo-charged diesel or imported GM 6.5 litre V8 turbo-charged diesel).

Hummer-Inspired Chinese Trucks (1): Dongfeng “Hanma” (EQ-2050, 2058) | ChinaAutoWeb
The best-known Chinese imitator of Hummer is Dongfeng "Hanma," the civilian version of the military truck EQ-2050/2058 (called "Mengshi" in Chinese). Originally derived from AM General HMMWV, EQ-2050/2058 has employed imported Hummer H1 chassis and GM V8 6.5L diesel engines, although Dongfeng has been working hard for self-reliance.

owned9wz.jpg

it will be good for china since it will get the technological knowhow from gm through technology transfer.

Back
Top Bottom