What's new

Chinese Members, Can You Please Share Your Home Town And The Dialect You Speak At Home.

妖, 仆你個街有本錢住先得嘎, 你喺人地嗰度洗大餅洗足十幾廿年咩.

Translate: I am fine, thank you.

我末洗過大餅喎,我連屋D䬧都未洗,點Q同人洗大餅?

唔係咁識廣東話嘅,我啲廣東話開始唔係太嚸囉
再加上啲人叫我收皮,都係講番英文好啲。

What the heck is this Chinese? :rofl:

Can anyone understand this:

逃桑拉个倪子。

hint: wu, I hope. :lol:

What the heck is this Chinese? :rofl:

Can anyone understand this:

逃桑拉个倪子。

hint: wu, I hope. :lol:

you are right, this is not chinese, it's some kind of language i imagine, this is never Chinese :)

A lot of the Chinese members here are Cantonese speakers, right???

I heard that most overseas Chinese are Cantonese. 
My hometown is Hong Kong, and my native dialect is Cantonese. :china:

My ancestry though is Hakka.

My family was one of the very first to arrive in Hong Kong, so we are considered native/indigenous to HK.

Even though the Hakka people originally came from Northern China.
In the Philippines, most Chinese-Filipino people are Hakka.

咁多广东佬

Hehe.. lots of Guangdong folks in here. ;) 

I am from Guang Dong, but I am Hakka.
BTW, are you a Chinese-Filipino?

Hehe.. lots of Guangdong folks in here. ;) 

I am from Guang Dong, but I am Hakka.
BTW, are you a Chinese-Filipino?
My grandfather is currently a vice-president of an insurance company, and many of his workmates are part Chinese. So no, I am not part Chinese, although I have been studying about China since the start of the year, and I did this because Chinese culture seems interesting.

If I was part Chinese, I would be using the Chinese flag instead. You see, many Intsik (Chinese Filipino) are proud to be Filipino. Not many are proud for China.
Here is Chinese Filipinos generally perceive the government and authorities to be unsympathetic to the plight of the ethnic Chinese, especially in terms of frequent kidnapping for ransom. While the vast majority of older generation Chinese Filipinos still remember the rabid anti-Chinese taunts and the anti-Chinese raids and searches done by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and Bureau of Immigration, most of the third or fourth generation Chinese Filipinos generally view the Philippine people and government positively, and have largely forgotten about the historical oppression of the ethnic Chinese. They are also most likely to consider themselves as "Filipino" and support the Philippines, rather than China or Taiwan. from Wikipedia:
"Chinese Filipinos generally perceive the government and authorities to be unsympathetic to the plight of the ethnic Chinese, especially in terms of frequent kidnapping for ransom. While the vast majority of older generation Chinese Filipinos still remember the rabid anti-Chinese taunts and the anti-Chinese raids and searches done by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and Bureau of Immigration, most of the third or fourth generation Chinese Filipinos generally view the Philippine people and government positively, and have largely forgotten about the historical oppression of the ethnic Chinese. They are also most likely to consider themselves as "Filipino" and support the Philippines, rather than China or Taiwan."

Sad, isn't it???
If I was part Chinese, I would of left my Filipino heritage and become a proud supporter of Taiwan or PRC if such raids and taunts happened to me. In fact, many here in PDF call me flase flagger, and as a result, I have almost no pride of being Pinoy. Now, I am nationality neutral.

Last edited:

I am positive that most of them are Hokkien and not Hakka.

My grandfather is currently a vice-president of an insurance company, and many of his workmates are part Chinese. So no, I am not part Chinese, although I have been studying about China since the start of the year, and I did this because Chinese culture seems interesting.

If I was part Chinese, I would be using the Chinese flag instead. You see, many Intsik (Chinese Filipino) are proud to be Filipino. Not many are proud for China.
Here is Chinese Filipinos generally perceive the government and authorities to be unsympathetic to the plight of the ethnic Chinese, especially in terms of frequent kidnapping for ransom. While the vast majority of older generation Chinese Filipinos still remember the rabid anti-Chinese taunts and the anti-Chinese raids and searches done by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and Bureau of Immigration, most of the third or fourth generation Chinese Filipinos generally view the Philippine people and government positively, and have largely forgotten about the historical oppression of the ethnic Chinese. They are also most likely to consider themselves as "Filipino" and support the Philippines, rather than China or Taiwan. from Wikipedia:
"Chinese Filipinos generally perceive the government and authorities to be unsympathetic to the plight of the ethnic Chinese, especially in terms of frequent kidnapping for ransom. While the vast majority of older generation Chinese Filipinos still remember the rabid anti-Chinese taunts and the anti-Chinese raids and searches done by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and Bureau of Immigration, most of the third or fourth generation Chinese Filipinos generally view the Philippine people and government positively, and have largely forgotten about the historical oppression of the ethnic Chinese. They are also most likely to consider themselves as "Filipino" and support the Philippines, rather than China or Taiwan."

Sad, isn't it???
If I was part Chinese, I would of left my Filipino heritage and become a proud supporter of Taiwan or PRC if such raids and taunts happened to me. In fact, many here in PDF call me flase flagger, and as a result, I have almost no pride of being Pinoy. Now, I am nationality neutral.

Most of them are Chinese mestizos who are Catholic and speak Tagalog. There are few non-mestizo Chinese in the Philippines compared to them.

I am positive that most of them are Hokkien and not Hakka.

Most of them are Chinese mestizos who are Catholic and speak Tagalog. There are few non-mestizo Chinese in the Philippines compared to them.
my mistake, Hokkien, not Hakka.

Cantonese/Hokkien/Teochew/Hakka are the most common groups that represent the oversea Chinese. 
Ke Ja dialect sounds not so good,sorry for telling my direct feeling.
My hometown Dialect not so good too,even more bad than Ke Jia dialect and may be the most horrible Dialect in China or I can say the world. 
Tianjin Dialect may make you offending if you can say Mandarin. 
Mandarin in standard level is the most beautiful language in the world.

The Putonghua from Beijing and Tianjin are not the most standard one.

Sad, isn't it???

That's probably the fault of CCP. The CCP back in 1950-60s tried to export "communist" ideology to SE Asia, and therefore, caused backlashes against ethnic Chinese in those countries. Ever since, many ethnic Chinese tried to distance themselves from China for fear of being accused and persecuted by those governments.

The CCP also took away their Chinese citizenship, etc, just lots of bad things. If I were an overseas Chinese at that time I would be mad too. But the good thing is that the Chinese identity runs deep and transcend politics and will resurface as China gets rid of communist ideology.

Amy Chua (蔡美儿) is a good example. She was born to Chinese Filipino parents but she identifies herself as Chinese, not a Filipino.

That's probably the fault of CCP. The CCP back in 1950-60s tried to export "communist" ideology to SE Asia, and therefore, caused backlashes against ethnic Chinese in those countries. Ever since, many ethnic Chinese tried to distance themselves from China for fear of being accused and persecuted by those governments.

The CCP also took away their Chinese citizenship, etc, just lots of bad things. If I were an overseas Chinese at that time I would be mad too. But the good thing is that the Chinese identity runs deep and transcend politics and will resurface as China gets rid of communist ideology.

Amy Chua (蔡美儿) is a good example. She was born to Chinese Filipino parents but she identifies herself as Chinese, not a Filipino.

This is wrong for the Philippines. The Filipino Catholics have had extremely bad relations with Chinese while the Moro Muslims had good relations.

The backlash against Chinese for allegedly being "communist" was in Indonesia. And the Indonesians also massacred around 600,000 people, including hundreds of thousands of people of other ethnicities in the 1960s. It had nothing to do with religion or Islam like ephone claimed, even pagan Dayaks joined in the massacre and started killing.

Read this thread

American and Philippines demographic engineering against Moro Muslims

The Filipino Catholics had strong prejudice and hatred against ethnic Chinese dating from Spanish colonial times. The Spanish forced Chinese in Manila to live in a ghetto called the parian, forced them to pay higher taxes and tried to force their conversion to Catholicism. In 1603 and 1663 the Spanish and Filipinos massacred Chinese people in Manila. They refused to allow Chinese to practice their religions openly. The Chinese dominated the economy in Manila and the Spanish and Filipinos were afraid of it.

Two Spanish Governor Generals, Gómez Pérez Dasmariñas and Luis Pérez Dasmariñas were assasinated by Chinese rebels. Luis and his Spanish troops were beheaded by Chinese rebels in the 1603 rebellion and their heads were strung up in Manila to terrify to Spaniards. The Spanish then led Filipino troops to crush the revolt.

In 1754, the Spanish declared they would expel "infidel" Chinese from Manila. 4,000 of the Chinese fled from Manila to the Sulu Sultanate in Jolo and joined the Moros in their war against Spain.

The Philippine Islands, 1493-1803: explorations - James Alexander Robertson - Google Books

United States Congressional serial set - Google Books

native population. The Spanish assumed that once the Chinese were expelled from the colony, they could take over the Chinese's businesses. Morever, the Spanish hoped that without Chinese interference, they could establish new industries which would bring profits and additional sources of revenues to attain a self-supporting colonial government.
Governor Arandia assumed his office in 1754 with firm determination to expel all the non-Christian Chinese (numbering approximately 4,000) from the Spanish Philippines.

Chinese have lived in the Sulu Sultanate for hundreds of years and mixed with the Moros. The Sulu Sultan allowed a Temple to be built in Jolo, but it was burned down by Philippine armed forces during the Moro rebellion.

When the Spanish attacked Jolo, they burnt the mosque, the Sultan's palace and the Chinese quarter.

http://sovereignsulu.webs.com/Short History-Sulu Sultanate.pdf

Chinese merchants exported guns and ammunition to the Moros to help them resist Spanish attacks. Many of the Chinese merchants had connections with Singapore and the mainland and ran guns through a Spanish blockade. The Spanish were furious.

The Sulu Zone, 1768-1898: The Dynamics of External Trade, Slavery, and ... - James Francis Warren - Google Books

Muslim Rulers and Rebels: Everyday Politics and Armed Separatism in the ... - Thomas M. McKenna - Google Books

The Arab who proselytized Islam to Sulu, Karim ul Makhdum, arrived in Sulu on a Chinese junk. The Sulu Sultanate was a tributary state to the Ming and Qing dynasties. The Sulu Sultan also wore Yellow Robes in imitation of the Emperor of China. (The Malacca Sultanate was also a tributary and the Malay Sultans also wear Yellow Robes. The Yellow robes have nothing to do with Islam or Malay culture, its from China). Some Chinese served in the Sultan of Sulu's government and advised him.

The current Moro governor of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao is Abdusakur Tan, who is of Chinese descent. His family is a prominent political clan in Sulu.

The ethnic Chinese: proceedings of the International Conference on Changing ... - Kaisa Para sa Kaunlaran, Chinben See Memorial Trust Fund, De La Salle University. China Studies Program - Google Books

Society and culture: the Asian heritage : festschrift for Juan R. Francisco ... - University of the Philippines. Asian Center - Google Books

One of the Chinese families that have become prominent in Sulu affairs, especially political, is the Tan family of Jolo. The Tans of Jolo There are several families in the Sulu archipelago that carry the Tan surname although direct kinship ties...

One of the younger generations, Abdusakur Tan, is the present congressman from the second district of Sulu. His uncle, Hadji Suug Tan, is the vice and acting Mayor of Jolo after the incapacitation of Mayor Murphy Sangkula. Rising to the top...

Many Chinese have mixed with the Moros, Moro leaders like Datu Piang and Abdusakur Tan are of Chinese descent in the paternal line.

Migration, Indigenization and Interaction: Chinese Overseas and Globalization - Google Books

http://www.zamboangatimes.ph/zamboa...eam-to-visit-china-to-renew-ancient-ties.html

Tausug team to visit China to renew ancient ties
Thursday, 23 June 2011 13:42

Loong said Chinese culture has been embedded in Tausug customs particularly in trade.

“As a proof to that, a long time ago Sulu has been populated by a Chinese minority, and they are the ones who introduced business into our area. We learned doing business through the Chinese. In Sulu, for example, a lot of the Chinese became rich,” he said.

He said descendants of Chinese migrants are still in Sulu citing the current governor of Sulu Abdusakur M. Tan, who has a Chinese bloodline.

“Even in barter trading, it is between Tausugs, Chinese, and Malaysians,” he said.

“There are only two types of foreigners who went to Sulu who did not wage war against the Moros – it is the Chinese and the Arabs,” Loong said, adding that “the Chinese entered Sulu through business ventures.” — Darwin Wally T. Wee/Peace Advocates Zamboanga

THE CHINESE COMMUNITY IN SULU SULTANATE

AL QALAM | SULU TREATIES

The Muslim south’s relation with China antedated the arrival of the European colonizers in the region. According to Justice Rasul, “the Chinese came as early as 628 A.D.” mainly to trade with the Malays. “Under the Ming Dynasty, covering the years 1368-1644, the Chinese exercise some sort of suzerainty over the Philippine South… Since China, then a world power, did not interest itself in the acquisition or expansion of foreign territory due to her already wide land area, she contented herself with the collection of tributes from neighboring islands in the East as a symbol of submission and respect to the Great Middle Kingdom.”

A prime example of Chinese-Sulu contact is the historical account of Admiral Pei Pei Hsien, popularly known among the Tausug as Pun Tao Kong, who was part of the Chinese fleet which was under the command of Chinese navigator Sampao Kong or Chengho. Pun Tao Kong was forced by typhoon to seek succor in Jolo in the early part of the 1400s. Initially met with distrust, Poon Tao Kong, a Muslim and skilled at sword play, earned the admiration of the Tausugs. It is said that he built an artesian well in the vicinity of Maubuh, a seaside community in Jolo, which accounted for his tag among the natives as “Puntaukung” or “honorable fountainhead”. He was accorded great respect by the people of Jolo, and when he died, he was buried at the foot of a mountain in Jati Tunggal three kilometers from Jolo, where his tomb is periodically visited by some Tausugs.

MNLF Official Website

WHY IS PHILIPPINE COLONIALISM NOT RESPECTING HISTORICAL AND HUMAN RIGHTS OF BANGSAMORO AND CHINA?

It is vividly recorded in history that the Mindanao-based Sultanate of Sulu ("Sultanate of Sulu and North Borneo" later in 1759) sovereignty was established way back in 1450 and followed in later years by the Sultanate of Maguindanao and Sultanate Buayan in Cotabato and the apat na pangampong district in Lanao. The Mindanao Sultanate government was promulgated way advance 448 years before the initial proclamation of the so-called Philippine Republic in 1898.

In history, the sovereign and independent Sultanate Government of the Muslim natives was recognized by no less than China, the oldest cradle and most flourishing civilization in Asia, the Madjapahit Empire (Indonesia today), Brunei, Malaysia and Western countries, such as Great Britain, Portugal, Dutch, and as well as Middle Eastern nations, like Muslim Arabia (Makkah), Hadramauth (Yemen) and Turkey.

Thus, the historical antecedents of the Mindanao Sultanate suzerainty are closely related to China. The two historical Asian independent nations had conducted ever since peaceful and friendly liaison, enjoying mutual cordial commercial and diplomatic intercourse. The Chinese merchants visiting Mindanao from all over China have always respect and trust for the Muslim and Animist native inhabitants of Mindanao, Sulu and Palawan, contributing historically to the close linkage of the two Asian equal trading partners.

In fact, the introduction of Islam to Mindanao can also be credited to China, which served since time immemorial a wide base marketing centre for the enterprising business merchants from the Middle East, particularly Makkah of early Muhammadan Arabia and Hadramauth (Yemen) during the earliest period of the pivotal impact of Islam in the Arab peninsula.

From China, Arabian Muslim traders, who were also learned and knowledgeable in Islamic dawah (propagation), continued travelling on board Chinese vessels to Sulu in late 1200s, preaching Islam to the Tausug natives, and gradually in later years to the Maguindanao, Iranun and Maranaw natives of mainland Mindanao, particularly Cotabato and Lanao.

The historical corner stone of the pleasant and warm relationship between the Mindanao Sultanate sovereignty and China is attested by the famous Poon Tau Kong Chinese temple built in the metropolis town of the island of Jolo near the biggest Islamic mosque and the introduction of varied Chinese influence and traits that abound in the early Moro Nation, including intermarriage between Chinese nationals with native inhabitants. Thus, the various descendants of Mindanaoan--Chinese blood until today have attested to the peaceful and harmonious co-existence of the people of the early Moro Nation and China.

Unfortunately, the ancient sacred Chinese temple and the historic Tulay mosque in the center of Jolo were burned and razed to the ground in 1974 when the colonial Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) fighter jet planes, helicopter gunships and naval battle ships bombarded indiscriminately the capital town. The historically-noted February 7-8, 1974 "Battle of Jolo" between the MNLF-Bangsamoro freedom fighters and the AFP occupation forces that Philippine colonialism under the murderous Marcos regime tried hard to suppress and to hide from local and global media coverage led to the massive burning of almost the entire civilian houses and commercial buildings. The heavy bombardment and burning of the capital town of Jolo resulted in the mass killing of more than 20,000 innocent and helpless Muslim civilians, including children, women and aged, and countless personal material losses

Toward this single atrocity and many more injustices perpetrated by Philippine colonialism against the colonized and oppressed Bangsamoro people in history marking the colonial genocidal war in Mindanao, no regional and global human rights centre have ever investigated the grave abuses of the Philippine government. The so-called Philippine Human Rights Commission has existed only to hide the "human wrongs" committed by Philippine colonialism against the colonized, oppressed and brutalized Muslim and Indigenous peoples of the Bangsamoro homeland.

Truth to tell, during the reign of Sulu Sultan Badar ud-Din and while paying China a state visit, he appealed to the Chinese Emperor to consider recognizing the Sultanate domain of Sulu as a direct integral province of China. However, the Chinese Emperor declined the request as not necessary since the two nations have a strong diplomatic and commercial relationship based on mutual trust and respect for each other's sovereignty and independence.

The refusal of the Chinese Emperor to annexation, although voluntary, of the early Sultanate dominion as part and member of China would only show that the Asian dominant nation has always believed on peace and harmony with its neighbors. China has always valued peace rather than war in order not to create tensions and animosities that lead to mass suffering, demographic division and physical devastation triggered by other foreign exploitative war-monger nations, like the tumultuous events that happened to Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines and Bangsamoro.

During World War 2 the Moros launched suicide attacks (called juramentado) against the Japanese invaders.

Filipino Heritage: The Spanish colonial period (late 19th century) - Alfredo R. Roces - Google Books

Filipino Heritage: The Spanish Colonial period (Late 19th Century): The ... - Alfredo R. Roces - Google Books

Filipinas - Google Books

Fact: The juramentado 's act was never done against members of ethnic groups not considered military enemies of the Tausug, or against those not actively attempting to take the Tausug away from the Islam faith. The juramentado ' s act was occasionally performed against the Japanese during World War II— and the Japanese were clearly defined as enemies. The juramentado never went after Chinese residents in spite of the fact that the Chinese were non-Muslims.

I have always heard you blabber on how Chinese people (not government) have close ties to people with "similar culture", and the "similar culture" Japanese tried to go on a mass murder raping spree in asia but you would no doubt place Japanese people as having a closer culture to China than the Moros. Chinese people dominated the economy in the 19th century sulu Sultanate, and the Moros never tried to massacre or persecute Chinese like the Spanish did.

And by the way, just FYI, the Indonesian government has supported the Philippines and not the Moros. indonesia even tried to help Philippines enter the OIC (Organization of Islamic Conference)

If any moron tells you Indonesia follows an Islamic policy, show this to them.

Indonesia supports observer status for RP in Organization of Islamic Conference | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

Philippines Denied Observer Status in OIC | The Bangsa Moro blog

Last edited:
^ that's a long arse of history lesson right there, thank you? meh

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom