What's new

Chinese Markets Reopen — And They Still Sell Bats, Dogs And Cats: DAILY CALLER

1. The 2009 swine flu pandemic that killed 500,000 people globally was caused by H1N1 jumping from pigs to humans. No exotic animals needed.

2. Because of genetic differences, it is extremely difficult for viruses to jump directly from bats to people. You are far more likely to get a "zoonotic disease" from a pig.

3. Ebola came from monkeys, infected by bats, then eaten by villagers living in the African bush. Had nothing to do with China.

4. Up to 6 million tons of bushmeat are extracted from the Congo Basin each year — nearly the equivalent of the annual beef production of Brazil.

5. Wet markets are common throughout Asia. Even if you wave a magic wand and ban all wet markets in China, there is no guarantee that the next pandemic can't come from a wet market in Vietnam, Indonesia, or any number of countries.

1. The 2009 swine flu pandemic that killed 500,000 people globally was caused by H1N1 jumping from pigs to humans. No exotic animals needed.

2. Because of genetic differences, it is extremely difficult for viruses to jump directly from bats to people. You are far more likely to get a "zoonotic disease" from a pig.

3. Ebola came from monkeys, infected by bats, then eaten by villagers living in the African bush. Had nothing to do with China.

4. Up to 6 million tons of bushmeat are extracted from the Congo Basin each year — nearly the equivalent of the annual beef production of Brazil.

5. Wet markets are common throughout Asia. Even if you wave a magic wand and ban all wet markets in China, there is no guarantee that the next pandemic can't come from a wet market in Vietnam, Indonesia, or any number of countries.

The problem is not the wet market itself, it is the standard operating procedures, hygiene standards and sanitation prevalent in those markets. Japan has wet markets and they are clean, absolutely no problems. China's wet markets are disgusting, as are the wet markets in most third world countries. However, China is now also the world's second largest economy and its state has immense wealth. If it wanted to clean up these wet markets and regulate them so they are not vectors of disease and public hazards, not to mention, a tarnish on the country's reputation, it can certainly do it. But it doesn't seem like China's leaders give a ****. I've dealt with many Mainland Chinese and they are largely insular people clueless about foreign cultures and how they are perceived. Of course, the US media is constantly trying to destroy China's reputation but I can tell you, half the time, China's government and people help the US media do the job by the sheer ignorance of their own behavior.

What does that have to do with China's hygiene and sanitation standards?

Look, China is striving to be the world's best. Yet the hygiene levels of a HUGE swathe of its people is fucking horrendous. This is why China has gleaming high speed rail stations that look like they are space age but disgusting and filthy toilets in those same stations. There is a huge disconnect there. China's government needs to invest great resources in CIVILIZING the bottom 30% of their population.

Encourage people to move to a non-meat diet. Encourage the young children because it will be difficult to change the diets of adults that are used to meat eating. World is moving towards non-meat diets especially among young people. It’s healthy and no cruelty to animals. Win-win solution.

Encourage people to move to a non-meat diet. Encourage the young children because it will be difficult to change the diets of adults that are used to meat eating. World is moving towards non-meat diets especially among young people. It’s healthy and no cruelty to animals. Win-win solution.

Lab grown meat will be a win for everyone.

How is eating cat and dog endangering the freedom of the others? As I've already stated, the same risk exist for all livestock.
And yes, there is no speed limit on the autobahn, thus I would not prejudice against you for driving to the limit of your car, nor shall anyone else.
You are dense. Dogs, cats, aren’t to be eaten. They are close to humans.

As mentioned before lab grown meat is becoming a thing in few decades and it should solve many problems.

You are dense. Dogs, cats, aren’t to be eaten. They are close to humans.

Make sure to say that to your own countrymen. Vietnamese as a percentage are a far larger consumer of dogs, cats and even rats than even the most exotic Chinese provinces. I am sick and tired of China haters using videos of Vietnamese eating rats, live mice and cats and using it to defame Chinese people. Most Chinese, especially in the North don’t even eat dogs or exotic animals.

Make sure to say that to your own countrymen. Vietnamese as a percentage are a far larger consumer of dogs, cats and even rats than even the most exotic Chinese provinces. I am sick and tired of China haters using videos of Vietnamese eating rats, live mice and cats and using it to defame Chinese people. Most Chinese, especially in the North don’t even eat dogs or exotic animals.
There are thousands of other animals you can eat, no need to eat dogs and cats. Sure, I tell my people too.

There are thousands of other animals you can eat, no need to eat dogs and cats. Sure, I tell my people too.
How many people are you able to tell?
How about the Phillippines and Indonesia?
ALL THIS IS SIMPLY AN EXCERCISE TO MALIGN CHINA, PERIOD.

https://www.esquiremag.ph/food-and-drink/food/eating-bats-philippine-delicacy-a1729-20200205-lfrm
Feb 5, 2020
Eating Bats Is Necessary in Parts of the Philippines
Maybe you even thought that this practice was barbaric, but did you know that
many provinces in the Philippines actually eat the winged mammals?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...trade-persists-crackdown-191208051533275.html
9 Dec 2019
Indonesia trade persists despite crackdown
Every year in Indonesia, at least one million dogs
are brutally butchered for human consumption

https://www.rappler.com/science-nature/life-health/63186-national-action-plan-dog-meat-trade
July 13, 2014
More bite for the fight vs PH dog meat trade
The same cannot be said of hundreds of dogs who are butchered everyday
in the Philippines to supply the unrelenting and unregulated demand for dog meat.

Javed Nihari of Karachi. Should try it

What about Bird Flu?

How many people are you able to tell?
How about the Phillippines and Indonesia?
ALL THIS IS SIMPLY AN EXCERCISE TO MALIGN CHINA, PERIOD.

https://www.esquiremag.ph/food-and-drink/food/eating-bats-philippine-delicacy-a1729-20200205-lfrm
Feb 5, 2020
Eating Bats Is Necessary in Parts of the Philippines
Maybe you even thought that this practice was barbaric, but did you know that
many provinces in the Philippines actually eat the winged mammals?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...trade-persists-crackdown-191208051533275.html
9 Dec 2019
Indonesia trade persists despite crackdown
Every year in Indonesia, at least one million dogs
are brutally butchered for human consumption

https://www.rappler.com/science-nature/life-health/63186-national-action-plan-dog-meat-trade
July 13, 2014
More bite for the fight vs PH dog meat trade
The same cannot be said of hundreds of dogs who are butchered everyday
in the Philippines to supply the unrelenting and unregulated demand for dog meat.

Eating bats is not a Chinese thing. Can someone come up with a video where they are actually eating bats IN CHINA? Eating bats is something you'd find in Indonesia, not in China. I also found videos of people eating bats in India despite the Indians who rush in here to label Chinese as bat eaters. It's a fucking lie created by the US media to further racialize this disease. Chinese do not eat bats, period. I have never shied away with criticizing parts of China that need to be criticized but I have never heard or seen of Chinese eating bats in my life. I've even found articles of places in the US South where restaurants are serving up bats along with other roadkill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom