What's new

Chinese Markets Reopen — And They Still Sell Bats, Dogs And Cats: DAILY CALLER

Okay, after doing some research, chinese market still selling wild animals is FAKE NEWS. Most of the pictures were outdated, or taken somewhere else like in Indonesia, normally without background/individuals that will give away its location.
It's common sense. But some people just don't seem to have it

Dog is very loyal to human. It can feel when you are sad it can feel when you happy. It protects your house, your children, your garden. The same can’t be said to pig. Pig feels nothing. Eating a dog is like eating our flesh. I had a dog. My best friend. Sadly I had to leave it behind when leaving Vietnam.

Again, your own sentiment. You cannot nor do you have the right to demand everyone to carry the same sentiment. And again, pigs are more intelligent than dogs, all animal has the same set of feeling as well.
What I find the most despicable is people like you are using this event to push your own agenda onto other.

before the virus hit, people turned a blind eye towards people selling and eating more exotic animals. Now tho, even local people will beat you up for selling bats.

before the virus hit, people turned a blind eye towards people selling and eating more exotic animals. Now tho, even local people will beat you up for selling bats.

Good I hope it stays that way.

China also needs to advance a bill that protects animals from unnecessary cruelty.

Good I hope it stays that way.

China also needs to advance a bill that protects animals from unnecessary cruelty.
ya i hope the Chinese gov will finally bring down the hammer on dogs/cat meat too.

eventually, lab grown meat can replace livestock. i don't think that's too far off in the future.

Again, your own sentiment. You cannot nor do you have the right to demand everyone to carry the same sentiment. And again, pigs are more intelligent than dogs, all animal has the same set of feeling as well.
What I find the most despicable is people like you are using this event to push your own agenda onto other.
Pigs smarter than dogs is a myth.
Have you ever seen a pig that risks its life to protect your kids? Or a pig that can detect forbidden drugs in suitcases?
That is not me and my agenda as you say it. Eat what you like. Dogs and cats. It’s scientifically proven: 70 percent of all viruses have their origins in animals.
The more you eat wild species the more virus will come.

Have you ever seen a pig that risks its life to protect your kids? Or a pig that can detect forbidden drugs in suitcases?
That is not me and my agenda as you say it. Eat what you like. Dogs and cats. It’s scientifically proven: 70 percent of all viruses have their origins in animals.
The abilities you mentioned are because dogs are pack animals.
Pigs not interested in sniffing out drugs, try truffles, haha.

You are confusing animal behavior with intelligence.

"It’s scientifically proven: 70 percent of all viruses have their origins in animals." And that includes cow, sheep, and pig. I don't see you demand people stopping eating those. Your selective objection to the consumption of specifically dogs and cats is certainly not based on science.

A significant portion of China's food industry is terrible and not well regulated. This is enough to cause crises like we are seeing today if it was derived from the wildlife trade.

China REALLY needs to clean up its hygiene, sanitation and food industry. If it can build a world class navy in ten years, it can clean up and educate its people.
China is still a developing country, so it's Normal that their food/sanitation hygenic industry will obviously lag behind the developed West. It will take alot of time for them to reach out food hygenic standards.

China is still a developing country, so it's Normal that their food/sanitation hygenic industry will obviously lag behind the developed West. It will take alot of time for them to reach out food hygenic standards.

I would have agreed with you ten years ago.

But China is not a normal developing country. They have massive resources and parts of the country are already more developed than big cities of the West. If they can build a massive infrastructure more advanced than the West, they can clean up their wet markets. They can do this if they wanted to.

I would have agreed with you ten years ago.

But China is not a normal developing country. They have massive resources and parts of the country are already more developed than big cities of the West. If they can build a massive infrastructure more advanced than the West, they can clean up their wet markets. They can do this if they wanted to.
Human habits and preference don't change in step with infrastructure development.

You will see South East Asians, Indians still eating with their fingers.
I asked some of them why, and they say it taste better that way.
And East Asians still prefer to use chop sticks in addition to fork and spoons.

Human habits and preference don't change in step with infrastructure development.

You will see South East Asians, Indians still eating with their fingers.
I asked some of them why, and they say it taste better that way.
And East Asians still prefer to use chop sticks in addition to fork and spoons.

The Chinese govt. can put a stop to these backward practices and educate these masses of people if they wanted to. They could do it within 3-5 years if this was a major priority for them.

Also what is wrong with chopsticks? They are sanitary and perfectly fine. Better than forks in many cases.

Do you think it's normal that a country has space age high speed rail stations and shopping centers yet their toilets are still disgusting? Public restrooms in China are straight out of a horror movie.

The Chinese govt. can put a stop to these backward practices and educate these masses of people if they wanted to. They could do it within 3-5 years if this was a major priority for them.

Also what is wrong with chopsticks? They are sanitary and perfectly fine. Better than forks in many cases.

Do you think it's normal that a country has space age high speed rail stations and shopping centers yet their toilets are still disgusting? Public restrooms in China are straight out of a horror movie.
You show a lot of disrespect for the ways and habits of others.
I use chopsticks, and yes like those who say it taste better using fingers, I somehow enjoy my dishes better with chopsticks.

Learn to respect others right to practice their different ways.
See how I only wanted to know why they used their fingers, but never criticized them.
After some persuasion and with some effort, my maid have come around to using chopsticks too, albeit clumsily.
These masses of people DON'T NEED your educating them.

You show a lot of disrespect for the ways and habits of others.
I use chopsticks, and yes like those who say it taste better using fingers, I somehow enjoy my dishes better with chopsticks.

Learn to respect others right to practice their different ways.
See how I only wanted to know why they used their fingers, but never criticized them.
After some persuasion and with some effort, my maid have come around to using chopsticks too, albeit clumsily.
These masses of people DON'T NEED your educating them.

Yes they do, because there is a difference between a clean, well regulated environment and a filthy, unregulated environment. The latter is far more likely to spread diseases and germs. China needs to fix its sanitation standards.

Yes they do, because there is a difference between a clean, well regulated environment and a filthy, unregulated environment. The latter is far more likely to spread diseases and germs. China needs to fix its sanitation standards.
Problem is how much cleaniness is required?
Is your system better than what we have in Singapore?

I am so clean that I am afraid to eat outside home because I may get diarrhoea where others have no problem.
So always eating only home cooked may not exactly be the best.
Sometimes we have to venture out and get ourself some "herd immunity".

You can try scrubbing yourself clean, you will find there is no end to having your dead skin come off.
There are millions of benign viruses and bacteria living inside of us and on our skin.
Some bacteria like Lactobacillus are needed by our digestion system.
On further investigation, you will realized we need bacteria.

Welcome to the real world.
What cleaniness to achieve is up to the community, not dictated by outsiders.
See the Indians, they can even drink from the Ganges River, where foreigners will have diarrhoea just visiting the country.
And Cow Cola is a favorite drink.
We can laugh all we want, but do we have the right to tell them off in their face?

Back
Top Bottom