What's new

Chinese man arrested for pushing worker into furnace

Let's hope the employee makes a full recovery. As I said on the thread about a Chinese invested factory not allowing employees time to pray: uncontrolled influx of Chinese capitalists who don't understand local customs can only lead to disaster. Reducing the economic interaction to a manageable scope seems to me to be the best solution.

No. We must increase economical interaction. But it should be controled... allowing worker to pray during Duty timing is basic right of worker as per Labor Laws of Pakistan. Heck, in Dubai this Chinese invester will even go to jail and pay heavy fines if proved that he didn’t allowed workers to pray... Chinese are very focused and committed nation, when it come to duty they dont care about religion or social factors. They just focus ok there duty. But here the culture is different, A worker have a duty to do but praying is also one of his duties... Not only Chinese, every investor Do a basic preliminary study of the place where he want to invest, study the culture, the norms, the psyche and then he develope his business model arround those findings... this is a thing which we don’t see in Chinese Investors. And Chinese are not the only one here to blame, the local working force is also equaly responsible for these issues.

listen my tribal brthr

I am listening but i am not a “tribal brthr”. I belong to Peshawar division which is far far away from any tribal dominance. Actually we are called “Khariyaan Pukhtana (shehri Pathan)”.

Actually in my college days i was biased towards tribal Pashtoons as they were so hard working. They will ruin the merit list for us. Way too high in scholarships, admission etc. Thats why every college would issue andifferent merit list for candidates from tribal agencies. Which was always 70-80 marks above then our merit list.

Influential n powerful ppl will get the benefits of cpec,no matter what

Agree.

thr ain't going to be any trickle down effect.it's the aam admi who will suffer.

Not sure about that. May be, maybe not.

its u tribals who will stand out n bear the brunt.

Again. Mot a tribal.

can u imagine such incidents in kp, fata. Factory jala denge log.

Pashtoon are very Hospitable. So even if this happened in a Pashtoon area, maybe they will broke some arms and legs but jalanay walany wala scene ni hy ON idhr bhaya.

it's always tribals who get the bitter end of the bargain

Never mind.

Other then that... i agree to your overall post...

U sound like an Indian agent wrora.
Open ur eyes,,get ur green chasma,,,thn u will see the real yahoodo hanood hand behind this. True story.
Ps-jokes apart,,,listen my tribal brthr,,, yeh sab jhol hai,,, I told this couple of yrs ago,, I'll repeat it again.
Influential n powerful ppl will get the benefits of cpec,no matter what,,,most probably like every thing else in subcontinent,thr ain't going to be any trickle down effect.it's the aam admi who will suffer.and aam bhayya admi is already too familiar with 2numberi, doglapanti n can readily gulp tons of humiliation for 2rupees.
its u tribals who will stand out n bear the brunt.
Just coz this happened in bhayyaland the culprit got away easy, ,, can u imagine such incidents in kp, fata. Factory jala denge log.
My advice remains the same,,, beware of cultured ppl(specifically bhayyas). Around the world, it's always tribals who get the bitter end of the bargain. Never sell ur land,not even to govt.,,,only partership with major shares. Make it impossible for individuals to sell/lease land without permission of jirga/council.

Last edited:
beware of cultured ppl

Oh. So you think tribal people are not cultured ? Well , i see more culture in tribal then thise shehri bhayyaas and shehri babus... i have a culture which go 5000 years back. So keep this theory in a deep pocket or just throw it as it isn’t true.

Excellent. We're eventually becoming colonists worse than British, at least in this forum. :pakistan:

No one is against China. We are criticising Chinese individuals business model and strategies... what worked in china may not work in pakstan. Chinese investors in Pakistan need to introduce the concept of HR in their organizations. A worker is the least concern person when it come to countries bilateral relations. He will decide as per his ego and understanding not based on what his nation think of the other. Tell me sir did this chinese thought about Pak-China relationship before throwing that worker into furnace ? No. Why ? Because He was driven by his anger and ego. Hence, Tell our Dear Chinese investors to bring those Chinese who can speak some words in english atleast. Or better, hire local supervisors and maybe hire a chinese as head of those supervisors. I think a local supervisor will cost Firm less then half of what a Chinese supervisor take from company. And you have no issue of miss communication now. Win win... also, That way, the interaction level between workers and Chinese citizens reduces, hence no such incidents again.

Oh. So you think tribal people are not cultured ? Well , i see more culture in tribal then thise shehri bhayyaas and shehri babus... i have a culture which go 5000 years back. So keep this theory in a deep pocket or just throw it as it isn’t true.

No one is against China. We are criticising Chinese individuals business model and strategies... what worked in china may not work in pakstan. Chinese investors in Pakistan need to introduce the concept of HR in their organizations. A worker is the least concern person when it come to countries bilateral relations. He will decide as per his ego and understanding not hased on what his nathion think of the other. Tell me sir did this chinese thought about Pak-China relationship before throwing thst worker into furnace ? No. Why ? He was driven by his anger and ego. Hence, Tell our Dear Chinese investors to bring those Chinese who can speak some words in english atleast. Or better, hire local supervisors and maybe hire a chinese as head of those supervisors. That way, the interaction level between workers and Chinese citizens reduces, hence no such incidents again.

True. However I need remind you that many businessmen only care profit whatever his nationality, some have no clue about politics at all. In general, big Chinese firms like those own by state know well about these affairs since it has CPC organization in their human resource department, the oversea workers will be trained to know local custom and culture, have strict discipline. Some big private firms also are adapt to local custom quite well like Haier Pakistan they have special pray rooms for their workers. This sort of phenomenon probably relate with those private small or middle size companies, typically new comers.

All in all, if these events are true, punish them according to local law, I don't think Chinese have any sympathy over them. Meanwhile, I still have doubt about the trustworthiness of some Pakistan media.

True. However I need remind you that many businessmen only care profit whatever his nationality, some have no clue about politics at all. In general, big Chinese firms like those own by state know well about these affairs since it has CPC organization in their human resource department, the oversea workers will be trained to know local custom and culture, have strict discipline. Some big private firms also are adapt to local custom quite well like Haier Pakistan they have special pray rooms for their workers. This sort of phenomenon probably relate with those private small or middle size companies, typically new comers.

All in all, if these events are true, punish them according to local law, I don't think Chinese have any sympathy over them. Meanwhile, I still have doubt about the trustworthiness of some Pakistan media.

You give the example of Haier. Very good example. Very successfull company. Which respect its employees and care for them. What employes give it in return ? well, Haier is most successfull company in pakistan quickly expanding... its a common name in households now. The company progress in just 8-10 years is in comprision with what Other MNC’s like e.g; coca cola and Pepsico achieved in decades...

Wjat prevents other investors from following the same approach ? Not a single incident reported by employees of Haier Pakistan in lst 10 years. Why not otjer Chinese investors adopt such appramoach ?

We both (local workers and chinese investors) need education about each other culture and customs.

You give the example of Haier. Very good example. Very successfull company. Which respect its employees and care for them. What employes give it in return ? well, Haier is most successfull company in pakistan quickly expanding... its a common name in households now. The company progress in just 8-10 years is in comprision with what Other MNC’s like e.g; coca cola and Pepsico achieved in decades...

Wjat prevents other investors from following the same approach ? Not a single incident reported by employees of Haier Pakistan in lst 10 years. Why not otjer Chinese investors adopt such appramoach ?

We both (local workers and chinese investors) need education about each other culture and customs.
Haier is a good example, because it's partner in Pakistan, Javed Afridi managed to translate Chinese mindset and attitude and made it easier for the Pakistani worker to follow.
Chinese-Pakistani partnerships need a similar mindset and synergy between them if they want to survive in Pakistan.

only quoted u coz I thought u r a pashtun n i wasn't going to reply since u told that u are not a tribal. But just want to point out a fact,,,thr is a reason some ppl r called tribal n others r not.
Who,why,how this distinction was made is up to u to ponder.
Ps-nevermind,,,it's actually a yahoodo hanood conspiracy.

Hahaha... true. Btw i don’t even know what my tribe is. And friends ask me which tribe i belong ? And i tell them i belong to Tribue of Homo sapiens as i don’t know the actual one :lol:

Haier is a good example, because it's partner in Pakistan, Javed Afridi managed to translate Chinese mindset and attitude and made it easier for the Pakistani worker to follow.
Chinese-Pakistani partnerships need a similar mindset and synergy between them if they want to survive in Pakistan.

I discussed both these options in my first post...

1. Send those supervisors who can speak english atleast, if not urdu.

Or

2. Hire local Supervisors, and appoint a chinese over them to supervise the overall performance. That way, the workers will talk directly to local supervisors in there own language. Communication is the most necessary and important thing in an organization. How do Chinese investors assume that they will succeed with a business model where a worker can’t even understand wht his supervisor is talking ?

Oh bohot gussa aa hai asliyat bayan karne pe.
Is it not true sirjee,,jaha khare ho ke larna tha waha se dum daba ke nikal liye. Ab waddi waddi chorne ka kya matlab.
Btw paindu, sindu,UP bihari,kashmiri all is bhayya. No need to believe me ask any non bhayya,,, Chinese might help.
N no not a bhayya here

This indian gangu seems to have lost his mind :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:.

FAISALABAD: Sahianwala police took a Chinese engineer into custody on charges of pushing a worker into a furnace following a row at a factory in industrial area here on Wednesday.

(Im giving a FB link showing Labourer in burnt condition) & the pig faced animal who pushed him in the furnace:

00B538D1-6E55-4849-AE39-03F9718CFBA6.jpeg

The worker has been hospitalised with 40 per cent burns.

Following the alleged incident, Chinese engineers and workers exchanged words. The workers staged a protest demonstration against the Chinese engineers and demanded registration of a case against the suspect.

The workers also called police demanding arrest of the suspect. Otherwise, they threatened to go on strike for an indefinite period.

Some of the agitating workers told reporters that behaviour of the Chinese nationals working at the factory was harsh towards them. They complained that nobody listened to their complaints against the foreigners who were given protocol by police and other government officials.

They alleged that following exchange of words, the Chinese engineer deliberately pushed a worker, Shehroz, into a three-foot deep furnace. He was immediately rescued by some of his colleagues working nearby. Shehroz, who suffered burns, was shifted to hospital.

They said now the police were trying to hush-up the issue and pressurising by pressing Shehroz for giving statement that he had accidentally fallen into the furnace.

Madina Division SP Tahir Maqsood said the incident occurred at a battery manufacturing unit where reportedly a worker and his Chinese supervisor exchanged words after remote control of a machine went missing.

He said the workers were alleging that the supervisor pushed their colleague into a furnace intentionally, while the foreigner claimed that it was an accident. The worker, according to doctors, suffered 40 per cent burns, he added.

The SP said the matter was being probed into and would be decided on merit.

Published in Dawn, May 23rd, 2019

Back
Top Bottom