What's new

Chinese J-20 a powerful competitor to American F-22 & Russian T-50

We will see..

we will see...

eventually one of the two sides is going to be wrong in ANY argument.
the thing is, if they will step up and admit it..

time will show..

More like air defenses everywhere, including China, wondered if they wasted their monies...:D
But that's for defence:azn:, they'll still be useful, and not every country has a stealth fighter. The F-117,on the other hand, has been retired after extremely high maintenance costs and not seeing much action. But i guess the stealth could've saved some lives during the gulf war.

I've said this in the aviation forum and I will post it again here. J-20 is, IMO, a more refined design than the Russian T-50 at this point. As far as the eyes can tell, the low observable shaping is better done. However, I do believe that both platforms came from the same philosophy. Make the plane as agile and fast as it can be to compensate for disadvantages in VLO (aka. stealth) and sensor technologies. Modern air combat will be unlikely to provide pilots with alot of reaction time, so it's a good attempt on their part. With that said, I'd still bet my money on the F-22 even when these prototypes go into production.

Both J-20 and T-50 are proud achievements for China and Russia, but let's not get crazy here.

But that's for defence:azn:, they'll still be useful, and not every country has a stealth fighter. The F-117,on the other hand, has been retired after extremely high maintenance costs and not seeing much action. But i guess the stealth could've saved some lives during the gulf war.

dude, he's got a point there....

Kind of a waste of money, they buillt 64 of them 42 million each, just to retire them of service after fighting countries like Iraq, when a F-15E could've done the job:argh:. They're probrably going to be put into service again if another major conflict happens again, right?

I would not say that. At the time it was the only stealth plane in service. Considering the anti-stealth capabilities of most countries (including china and russia) at the time I would say it poses a credible deterrence.

Interesting thing is as stealth technology becomes more accessable it seems to change from a strategic weapon platform to a more tactical sense.

Low observability was initially/foremost designed for bombing/surgical strikes and evading rather than aiding attacking roles. It likely took a while before military thinkers saw the implication for air combat. Off course, technologies of the 70s also means that a high performance stealth fighter was not possible without ridiculous expense. In the end technology comes before change in thinking.

Last edited:
I would not say that. At the time it was the only stealth plane in service. Considering the anti-stealth capabilities of most countries (including china and russia) at the time I would say it poses a credible deterrence.

Interesting thing is as stealth technology becomes more accessable it seems to change from a strategic weapon platform to a more tactical sense.

Low observability was initially/foremost designed for bombing/surgical strikes and evading rather than aiding attacking roles. It likely took a while before military thinkers saw the implication for air combat. Off course, technologies of the 70s also means that a high performance stealth fighter was not possible without ridiculous expense. In the end technology comes before change in thinking.

You got a point, but maybe they should of cut production sooner, maybe when the B-2 came out. I still kinda think spending the F-117' money on more strike fighters would be better, but again, the United States needs less deaths for public support.

64 Is not that many planes if you consider that at the time they were designed the expected opponent is probably the USSR. Even with stealth zero loss is not possible.

I say the tension between US and China today is no where near the US-USSR level. Had Deng not adopted his policies China would be much more at risk of internal instability.

If the RCS of J-20 is at 0.05 m, it means that the IRBIS radar will be able to see the J-20 at 143 km

By that line of 'reasoning', ALL weapons systems are tremendous wastes of monies, no? The 'arms race' is about one-upmanship and the majority of weapons systems do not see actual combat. It is better to deter than to actually have to fight. The F-117 proved that low radar observability worked, not only in peace time but also in war. Without touching every radar systems in the world, it rendered all of them questionable against the USAF. That is a deterrent and a fear you cannot buy.

More true Chinese J-20 a powerful competitor to American F-4 & Russian МИГ-21 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CHINA

By that line of 'reasoning', ALL weapons systems are tremendous wastes of monies, no? The 'arms race' is about one-upmanship and the majority of weapons systems do not see actual combat. It is better to deter than to actually have to fight. The F-117 proved that low radar observability worked, not only in peace time but also in war. Without touching every radar systems in the world, it rendered all of them questionable against the USAF. That is a deterrent and a fear you cannot buy.

It depends on the likelihood of war and the people involved in the defense sector. Do you honestly belief that it costs so much for defense in America? of course not. Chances are the budget was blown out of proportion due to corruption.

No one admits the idea that the J-20 was a joke Russian designers? Knowing an unhealthy love of China's foreign secret technologies. :woot:

Elementary copy of AK-47 is more difficult to develop a brand of steel from which it is made.
Not difficult skopiryvat Russian engine is difficult to make suitable indicators for longevity.

Studying, studying and more time studying.
Lenin :china:

No one admits the idea that the J-20 was a joke Russian designers? Knowing an unhealthy love of China's foreign secret technologies. :woot:

Elementary copy of AK-47 is more difficult to develop a brand of steel from which it is made.
Not difficult skopiryvat Russian engine is difficult to make suitable indicators for longevity.

Studying, studying and more time studying.
Lenin :china:

that's fine. just keep thinking that

Congratulations to the Chinese comrades with another copy rosiyskih technologies. The obtaining of the Ukraine SU-33 on a wave of a magic wand turns into a J-15 Flying Shark. More proof methods for Chinese developers.
I look forward to the new Chinese success. So much still unknown in this world to which even gleaning China. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

spark you are a senior member you had to literally thank rabbis or whatever that id is for the third rate comment?

rabbis or whatever your id is so if J-15 is the further Improved variant of su-33, why don't you sue China. ;)
And yes we would like to have evidence of J-20 being a russian design and technology in origin? really third class posters joining these days.

Back
Top Bottom