What's new

Chinese investors to bring $150b after CPEC: BoI chief

Dawood Ibrahim

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
40 MINS AGO BY APP
Will-speed-up-CPEC-construction-if-Pakistan-shows-concern-300x174.jpg

Board of Investment (BoI) Chairman Dr Miftah Ismail has voiced hope that after completion of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), $150 billion worth of investment would be brought by Chinese investors in Pakistan.

“In the post-CPEC scenario, we will require skilled manpower to work in various industries in all provinces of the country,” he said while delivering a speech at the three-day 19th Sustainable Development Conference on the theme of “Sustainable Development: Envisaging the Future Together”.

The conference was organised by the Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI).

Ismail emphasised that the government was keenly focusing on removing regional disparity and paving the way for equal development in all provinces, especially the remote regions.

Balochistan would get more benefits from CPEC and Gwadar Port would play a pivotal role in providing connectivity and enhancing regional trade opportunities, he said.

“CPEC will promote economic integration and regional connectivity for development and prosperity in the region,” Ismail said. “All provinces and regions have a shared opportunity for infrastructure development and industrial growth, which provides employment opportunities and ensures prosperity in the country.”

Turning to energy projects, he said work had got under way on the Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline while Central Asia-South Asia 1,000-megawatt power supply project would also meet energy needs of Pakistan.

Earlier speaking at the inaugural session, Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz underlined the need for South-South collaboration for peace and prosperity in the region.

He also highlighted the importance of regional and international cooperation for meeting new targets of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

He called for more investment, adopting new technologies, building capacity and identifying barriers to achieving the targets of SDGs and Vision 2025.

While chairing the inaugural session, Federal Minister of Climate Change Zahid Hamid said the government’s Vision 2025 had seven pillars and 25 goals, which were fully in line with the SDGs.

He insisted that implementation of the development agenda was possible with global and regional cooperation and CPEC was an example of that cooperation.

SDPI Executive Director Dr Abid Qaiyum Suleri said the conference provided a platform for evaluating and learning “what we have done wrong to avoid these mistakes in the future”.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/blo...investors-to-bring-150b-after-cpec-boi-chief/

@PaklovesTurkiye @SherDil007 @long_

$ 150 billion is 60% of Pakistan's economy.:woot: The guys is govt's sycophant, just giving raw numbers to fool people and so that they give them vote in elections.:agree:

That is roughly the same as Qatar or Iraq's total GDP. CPEC will not just attract Chinese investment, it will bring a lot of other countries to invest in Pakistan too. It indeed is a corridor of opportunity for all of our friends. I hope, despite the hatred India also joins us in this project for mutual benefits.

That is roughly the same as Qatar or Iraq's total GDP. CPEC will not just attract Chinese investment, it will bring a lot of other countries to invest in Pakistan too. It indeed is a corridor of opportunity for all of our friends. I hope, despite the hatred India also joins us in this project for mutual benefits.

I sincerely wish that the Turkish investment will get to the second position...

Did we ask for your opinion?
Its a forum, tumhari sasural nahi hai.

I think apart from the disputed territory of P0K, CPEC is no problem for India, it may join in future. And India has already shown willingness for trade with Pakistan.

India can get many benefits from this, China,India is doing 100 billion dollar worth trade, they can do it via CPEC route & gwader route, it can save them lot of money.
I think India will join CPEC after it's completion.This will also normalize our relation and bring prosperity in the region.

and we are happy with them paying us transit fees :coffee:

India can get many benefits from this, China,India is doing 100 billion dollar worth trade, they can do it via CPEC route & gwader route, it can save them lot of money.
I think India will join CPEC after it's completion.This will also normalize our relation and bring prosperity in the region.

Why do we need the Chinese to mediate trade between India and Pakistan?!
Why can't Pakistan accept the Indian offer for trade and start making money now?! What is stopping Pakistan from taking this step? and please don't mention "Indian hatred", because we have shown intent to start trade, it is Pakistan which is dragging its feet on this matter.

Back
Top Bottom