What's new

Chinese general: We are no match for USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should he upgrade ? VN just rammed China ship , and Mr. vice president has to have an emergency visit to VietNam and seek for peaceful negotiation ??

Oh yeah china is 30 years behind vietnam too:rofl:what an idiot

Our strategy with Taiwan has always been "peaceful reunification". Since of course they are our blood brothers. No one here wants to fight them unless there is no other choice.

Indians however, are not connected to us by blood or anything else. :azn:
s
If i go by your words, then Are Tibetans not your brothers? Who's land is now annexed by china....uppssss....... reunified.

If yes........... then why so much of torture & brutality to them? why not same treatment as Taiwanese?

Hmmmm.. let me think........... So it is no where related to blood brothers or any thing. Its just that China is scared of Taiwan (USA). So hiding it behind false love & effection.

Well this just proves Chinese People and their generals live in the real world and don't lie to their people. They admit their short-comings but are working on improving. If this was coming from an Indian General, he would be saying how India is not behind China and will over-take them shortly in means of military and economy.

Shame the general only mentioned the US of A, not India :lol:

Shame......... when Indian General said this in ref to China. whole of Chinese and Pakistanis were shouting and singing Hoopla. As if China has already won the war. and India has accepted defeat.

But when it comes from a Chinese General in ref to USA. then now it is being projected by u guys a some sort of Strategic statement.

If you do, it is Magic. If i do, it is Tragic.

Some time i find you guys really shameless.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Well this just proves Chinese People and their generals live in the real world and don't lie to their people. They admit their short-comings but are working on improving. If this was coming from an Indian General, he would be saying how India is not behind China and will over-take them shortly in means of military and economy.

You should go back and check what one of our Chief of Navy Staff has said some time back.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

You laugh, rofl or do whatever.............. but the fact is....... they rammed you. and rammed you hard.

Correct, that's why we control the largest part of SCS(east sea) now, and with our fast navy modernization process, another ASEAN that illegaly occupying have to return all to VN , they don't have any evidence to prove those islands belong to them :coffee:

Correct, that's why we control the largest part of SCS(east sea) now, and with our fast navy modernization process, another ASEAN that illegaly occupying have to return all to VN , they don't have any evidence to prove those islands belong to them :coffee:

LOL nice try troll yeah we believe you :rofl:

Chinese general: We are no match for USA

Seeking to counter U.S. worries about his country’s rapid military growth, a top Chinese general said Wednesday the communist nation’s defense clout lags decades behind the U.S., and that China wants warmer relations.

Gen. Chen Bingde, whose position in Beijing is roughly the equivalent of chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, used a 45-minute speech at the National Defense University to play down fears of Chinese intentions.

“Although China’s defense and military development has come a long way in recent years, a gaping gap between you and us remains,” Chen said through an interpreter. He added, “China never intends to challenge the U.S.”

image: http://www.armytimes.com/xml/news/2...atch-for-us-051811/051811_chen_bingde_800.JPG

Chen made a similar point later at a Pentagon news conference with his American counterpart, Navy Adm. Mike Mullen.

“I can tell you that China does not have the capability to challenge the United States,” he said, adding that China’s wealth and military strength pales in comparison with that of the U.S. He said China’s navy is 20 years behind the U.S. Navy.

Chen’s remarks were in line with China’s strategy of countering U.S. fear of China as a military threat by emphasizing the limited scope of its military reach and advancing efforts to cooperate in areas like counterterrorism and anti-piracy. Chen said he invited Mullen to make his first visit to China as Joint Chiefs chairman.

Chen and Mullen announced several agreements, including a plan for the U.S. and Chinese militaries to jointly conduct a humanitarian assistance and disaster relief exercise in 2012. They also agreed to use a special telephone link to maintain communication between their offices.

The general told reporters that China’s recent boost of investment in military power is “compensatory in nature,” making up for decades during which modernizing the Chinese economy was given the first priority. Washington often complains that China is too secretive about the purpose and exact scale of its military buildup.

To illustrate his point that China is not a threat — even to Taiwan — Chen noted that some Americans have called on China to remove or withdraw ballistic missiles positioned on its southeast coast, across from Taiwan.

“I can tell you here responsibly that we only have garrison deployment across (from) Taiwan, and we do not have operational deployment, much less missiles stationed there,” Chen said.

In his speech at the National Defense University, Chen said he was optimistic about the future of U.S.-China military relations, which have suffered repeated setbacks. Early last year China angrily cut off most military-to-military contacts after the U.S. announced a $6.4 billion arms sale to Taiwan, the self-governing island that China considers a renegade province.

Under the 1979 Taiwan Relations Act, which partly defines U.S. relations with Taiwan and China, the Pentagon is obliged to provide Taiwan with sufficient defensive arms to ensure its security. In his remarks at the Pentagon, Chen said some U.S. lawmakers, whom he did not cite by name, had told him it is time for Congress to review that law.

Chen said the U.S. needs to respect China’s “core interests,” which he said include issues of national unity like Taiwan. The Taiwanese, he said, are considered by all Chinese as “our compatriots and blood brothers and sisters.”

The general equated China’s position on Taiwan to President Abraham Lincoln’s commitment to preserving the Union. Chen quoted Lincoln as saying, “The Union is unbroken.”

Asked about Taiwan’s long-standing request to purchase U.S. F-16 combat aircraft, Chen said such a sale would hurt U.S.-China military relations, but he was not specific. He asked rhetorically why Taiwan would need to buy American weapons if the U.S. sincerely believes its stated policy that Taiwan is part of China.

Chen appeared to question the validity of the U.S. position favoring Taiwan’s eventual peaceful reunification with China. He recounted a conversation earlier Wednesday with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton in which she repeated the U.S. position that “there is only one China in the world and Taiwan is part of China.”

He said he told Clinton: “I’ve heard that comment, that statement, since I was a schoolboy, and I’m hearing the same thing now I’m approaching my retirement age. I wonder when can I really see the reunification of my motherland.”Chen, chief of the general staff of the People’s Liberation Army, is leading a delegation of eight Chinese generals on a weeklong visit to the United States. Also on the delegation’s itinerary this week are the Army’s Fort Stewart, Ga., the Navy’s base at Norfolk, Va., and Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.

Source: Chinese general: We’re no match for U.S. - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

China no match for US
India no match for China

Hence, let us stop sipitting fire aginst each other :cheers:

indian general: " We are No match for CHINA" :china::partay:

^good to see you're back. hope you enjoyed the time off. :tup:

Probably China does not want US to be paranoid about their ever increasing military muscle. I don’t think US is going to give any consideration to such statements in their methodical approach to measurement and analysis of threat posed by recent Chinese military achievements.

@Aero
happy for you mate, :tup:

Sure.

Actually, I never had a time off on this fourm. When I first join, I visit this fourm alot. But now I lost most interests, now I only check back once every 3 month to see new updates.

You know there are a lot of indians with that name Abhishek. I met one at Raytheon. He is the typical indian. Very nice on the outside, but kinda of dark in the inside.

:china:Respect to general, admirable :smokin:man:smokin:...:china:

Sure.
Actually, I never had a time off on this fourm. When I first join, I visit this fourm alot. But now I lost most interests, now I only check back once every 3 month to see new updates.
You know there are a lot of indians with that name Abhishek. I met one at Raytheon. He is the typical indian. Very nice on the outside, but kinda of dark in the inside.

yes, we're usually like that. being cunning is in our DNA, ask the Pakistanis.

Correct, that's why we control the largest part of SCS(east sea) now, and with our fast navy modernization process

Excuse me, how fast are you talking about? :lol:

another ASEAN that illegaly occupying have to return all to VN , they don't have any evidence to prove those islands belong to them :coffee:

No wonder Vietnam is losing friends and failed to be the big brother of ASEAN ;)

Excuse me, how fast are you talking about? :lol:

No wonder Vietnam is losing friends and failed to be the big brother of ASEAN ;)

the more that annoyed troll talking, the more it shows its mentality to the world!!!

I am glad that country having such brilliant citizen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom