What's new

Chinese Future Fighter Programs beyond the J-20 & FC-31

Yes, but if reports are true, that the PLAAF and PLANAF has lost interest in the FC-31, another type should fill that requirement. Or am I wrong ??
is it the samething which ,Pakistan is hoping to get.

Thanks for Your reply again but as so often I have to more questions... First is concerning this sentence ?!!

... any more on this ? Is it a new type, or a more agile (??) version of the J-15 ??

Deino
It is definitely not going to be based on CAC's J-20, nor based SAC's J-15````but it does look alike something we already know``:P

p.s in terms of FC-31, the background and its current situations are quite complicated, not as simple as its a SAC funded 'bastard' project or navy is going to use it etc```` 'someone' said it is a 'strategic' move by the SAC, and its market posion is not most people would think it is, aka for Pakistan, other third world countries and our navy (well not saying those are not its targeted market)```

I hope You don't mind that I copied this part from the J-15-thread into this - IMO more appropriate - thread:

Any more info on that BEAST ??? Is it from CAC/611 or SAC/601 ? A PLANAF type ship-based or a PLAAF-type ?

... and what changes do You expect for the J-10D ?

Deino
not much info on J-10D, much of this project is classified, I dont know anything that is potent, just 'heard' the difference is like J-10A to J-10B/C if not more`````

It is definitely not going to be based on CAC's J-20, nor based SAC's J-15````but it does look alike something we already know``:P

Care do hint a bit more precisely ?
Not J-20 or J-15-based but similar to something what we already know ... so the there is only any other member of the J-11/-16-family or a J-10-based design ??

p.s in terms of FC-31, the background and its current situations are quite complicated, not as simple as its a SAC funded 'bastard' project or navy is going to use it etc```` 'someone' said it is a 'strategic' move by the SAC, and its market posion is not most people would think it is, aka for Pakistan, other third world countries and our navy (well not saying those are not its targeted market)```

Again here too, care do hint a bit more precisely ? How do You rate it's chance to survive ??

not much info on J-10D, much of this project is classified, I dont know anything that is potent, just 'heard' the difference is like J-10A to J-10B/C if not more`````

That's most interesting but also strange ? Why remodel or alter even more a 4th generation design into something that still cannot be a true 5th generation fighter? Wouldn't it be wiser (?) to build as many as possible J-10B/Cs and then change to a true fifth-generation type in a few years?

Deino

Care do hint a bit more precisely ?
Not J-20 or J-15-based but similar to something what we already know ... so the there is only any other member of the J-11/-16-family or a J-10-based design ??
Deino
cant say the things that I'm not too sure````changes happen all the time``````:lol:

Again here too, care do hint a bit more precisely ? How do You rate it's chance to survive ??
Deino
all depends on how well they marketing it and how serious those prospects wanting that thing````as far as I know, there is no point of having 2 5th gen stealth fighters serving PLAAF```````but thats just my opinion```:D

That's most interesting but also strange ? Why remodel or alter even more a 4th generation design into something that still cannot be a true 5th generation fighter? Wouldn't it be wiser (?) to build as many as possible J-10B/Cs and then change to a true fifth-generation type in a few years?
Deino

well, let me put this way (since I have limited English skills so I will put it as clear as I can)```

The story of modern air combat, its all about track and evade each other. so all the designers and developers are trying their best to push the limit of radar detection range, and to the other end is to reduce the maximum distance can be traced by opponent's radar`````and these are what we called 'active detact' and 'passive evasion'

when the time came to late 70s, based on the maturity of aerodynamics, material, electromagnetic engineering and science, the advanced countries, especially the U.S was to able to design a strange looking craft like F-117 that can deflect most waves (passive evasion) while still have the ability to fly and maneuver in combat situation, even though its row were limited. but the effect was so dramatic that it became the pivotal point of modern aviation industry it marks the beginning of great leaps on 'stealth' technology developments``

When the time comes to 21st century, aviation advanced countries like U.S, China, Russia, U.K and France keeps pushing electromagnetic wave (active detact) and stealth technologies (passive evasion) to the limit, especially China and U.S, when the technology itself reaches to the ceiling without having any break through, then they start looking for alternatives of detecting each other. these alternatives are: new ways to detect, like optical waves, new tactics, better layout of combat cells (a geometric area in which combat units are deployed and laid out, and a war theatre is consist of many combat cells), in short, a better holistic system!

so the future air combat is relying more on how advanced system you have, not how many stealth featured crafts you have. therefore the most difficult part is to build a system that is fit for 5th or even 6th combat, not plane itself. But the stealth fighter alone, is just a demonstration of a country's advancement of aviation industry, however the system is a reflect of its economical and R&D might.

In real war, it is the system who does the most detecting and tracking jobs, not the plane itself, and in most time, even when the targets are designated to a pilot, whether the plane can establish a proper track and later on a solid lock is very questionable. As to those advanced air forces, jamming technology (active evasion) is very advanced have dozens of ways to jam a targeted source! p.s this may not apply to weak air forces, as the result of possible air combat is mostly one sided, clear cut in favor of advanced air forces (the PLAAF got a bit of that taste itself by the U.S in 90s, 难以启齿 I have to say``)!

so when you have system in mind: detect, jam, evade, shoot and exit are the standardized procedures of modern air combat. Whether you are a 5th gen stealth fighter or not, you still cant jump out of this procedure, so it still comes down to how well you keep yourself hidden from enemy's system, and how quick you can find your enemy````major air forces are all built under this simple philosophy, just with some differences due to their own military doctrine, budget, technology and industrial capabilities. Therefore what 'we believe' is that the gap between 5th gen and 4th is ever closing, maybe the only difference will come down to the size of RCS, but the engine, radar, jamming devices, optical devices and this and that can also be used on 4th gen fighters.

under such technological background and modern air combat landscape, the 'D' project was born```how well it can grow and mature will all depend on`````oh well``more 'leaks'```````:lol::lol::lol:

p.s the current off the shelf optical detaction device in China can detact longer than medium range air-to-air missile can shoot```but someone would say, then we dont need radars to guide missiles then`? no it still cant guide air to air missile (I will leave the technological reasons)````but I can tell you that that new missile which can fly far far far far far away has elec and optical dual seekers on, so even if its a stealth target``when the missile flies close enough```muhahahahaha !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom