What's new

Chinese Future Fighter Programs beyond the J-20 & FC-31

I think the PLAAF was disinterested in the FC-31 because of a lack of need, not a deficiency in capability. For that, building another 5th generation aircraft doesn't make sense.
What China is looking around 200 J-10, 200 J-20 & 30-40 FC-31 for next decade. FC-31 is basically for export who can't afford 5th gen. aircraft like F-35 so it won't be a surprise if China is working on another one.

What China is looking around 200 J-10, 200 J-20 & 30-40 FC-31 for next decade. FC-31 is basically for export who can't afford 5th gen. aircraft like F-35 so it won't be a surprise if China is working on another one.
In a decade time, 200 J10 will make CAC bankrupt for sure, they have at least three production line for J10.

What are you referring to?
I have re-checked the depiction, it seems that I'm wrong. It looks to be tailless design with vertical fin, of which is CAC's program. But this program has been defied by AVIC leader

I have re-checked the depiction, it seems that I'm wrong. It looks to be tailless design with vertical fin, of which is CAC's program. But this program has been defied by AVIC leader
I think. it will look similar to us. 5. Gen. airclaft

Thanks for Your reply again but as so often I have to more questions... First is concerning this sentence ?!!

...p.s there is another more agile one in development thats serves a different purpose than J-15s!

... any more on this ? Is it a new type, or a more agile (??) version of the J-15 ??

Deino

Last edited:
Thanks for Your reply again but as so often I have to more questions... First is concerning this sentence ?!!

... any more on this ? Is it a new type, or a more agile (??) version of the J-15 ??

But then again to the question on "different versions YES/NO !??

Deino

They talked it alot about this agile one, not sure whether it has been started yet or not, but sure thing is, its a fifth gen fighter for air dominance and enemy theatre penetration purpose``````

[from J-10B/C-related question]:

so after few batches, they went with all new gadgets```and the changes are minor (I mean structural)`but we know they are all within one 'approved' project``but anyway, due to the sheer force of public opinion, we start to calling it too``:lol:

so in reality, after J-10A, there are only two officially approved projects```J-10B/C and J-10D its a BEAST and look quite different``````:flame:

Last edited by a moderator:
They talked it alot about this agile one, not sure whether it has been started yet or not, but sure thing is, its a fifth gen fighter for air dominance and enemy theatre penetration purpose``````

[from J-10B/C-related question]:

so after few batches, they went with all new gadgets```and the changes are minor (I mean structural)`but we know they are all within one 'approved' project``but anyway, due to the sheer force of public opinion, we start to calling it too``:lol:

so in reality, after J-10A, there are only two officially approved projects```J-10B/C and J-10D its a BEAST and look quite different``````:flame:

I hope You don't mind that I copied this part from the J-15-thread into this - IMO more appropriate - thread:

Any more info on that BEAST ??? Is it from CAC/611 or SAC/601 ? A PLANAF type ship-based or a PLAAF-type ?

... and what changes do You expect for the J-10D ?

Deino

Concerning the rumours about a next fifth generation single-engine fighter under development at CAC and eventually at SAC too I would like to start a new thread:

So what do You expect, what configuration can we expect ???

And as a teaser from my friend Bai Wei a concept (YES, surely fan-art only) I like very much: :smitten:

View attachment 375313 View attachment 375314

No offense, when I look at these CG concept, it remind me of Indian's LCA :p:.

I hope You don't mind that I copied this part from the J-15-thread into this - IMO more appropriate - thread:

Any more info on that BEAST ??? Is it from CAC/611 or SAC/601 ? A PLANAF type ship-based or a PLAAF-type ?

... and what changes do You expect for the J-10D ?

Deino

Not sure if any of the below are credible (so take it with a bucket of Dead Sea salt), but here is what I've gathered from rumors & online talk so far:

1. J-10D initially was rumored to be an incremental upgrade to the J-10, with new engines and avionics. Later that year, however, "pupu" made the statement that the J-10D is a "silent" version of the family, leading many to speculate that it has at least some degree of RCS reduction.

2. In the early months of 2017, more rumors have been posted, claiming that the J-10D is actually close to a medium-weight 5th generation fighter in performance, and is meant to compete against the FC-31 and F-35. This led to further speculation that the PLAAF has rejected the FC-31 in favor of the J-10D.

3. Some people have claimed that the J-10D features things like stealthy engine nozzles and sensors such as EODAS & EOTS. If these are accurate, this further supports the hypothesis that the J-10D would have "drastic" changes to improve stealth.

4. Finally, one user "OedoSoldier" speculated that the J-10D could be another name for the J-10-21, which is apparently a longstanding project to develop a stealthy J-10 variant with upgraded subsystems and an internal weapons bay.

USA will use F-16 as the sixth gen after the fifth gen and China will most probably go for J15.

Concerning the rumours about a next fifth generation single-engine fighter under development at CAC and eventually at SAC too I would like to start a new thread:

So what do You expect, what configuration can we expect ???

And as a teaser from my friend Bai Wei a concept (YES, surely fan-art only) I like very much: :smitten:

View attachment 375313 View attachment 375314
Could it be a joint venture with Pakistan after all there are massive rumours about Pakistan working on a single engine stealth fighter jet ??

Back
Top Bottom