What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

F-22 is a stealth plane and its rumored RCS is 0.10 to 0.01 far far below Flanker's. No wonder it took almost 2 decades for even US to develop such a fighter

You are right. There is a "Stealth" button inside the cockpit of the -22. When you press it, the plane flying infront of a naked eye disappears. That's how stealthy it is. I don't know anyone else who could even get to this level :enjoy:. All joking aside. The reality is, if I tossed two Dimes way up in the air with very sophisticated radars monitoring active and in passive configuration, and there was a -22 flying a few hundred meters away from my two coins up in the air at the same time, on the radar screen, the cross section will be the same for all three (two Dimes and a -22!!!!). So really, instead of seeing a plane's cross section, the radar would show a cross section of three coins back on the monitor. Who's going to beat that :usflag:? The -22, IMO, should be the 9th or the 13th wonder of the world (whichever number is applicable in 2016).

You are right. There is a "Stealth" button inside the cockpit of the -22. When you press it, the plane flying infront of a naked eye disappears. That's how stealthy it is. I don't know anyone else who could even get to this level :enjoy:. All joking aside. The reality is, if I tossed two Dimes way up in the air with very sophisticated radars monitoring active and in passive configuration, and there was a -22 flying a few hundred meters away from my two coins up in the air at the same time, on the radar screen, the cross section will be the same for all three (two Dimes and a -22!!!!). So really, instead of seeing a plane's cross section, the radar would show a cross section of three coins back on the monitor. Who's going to beat that :usflag:? The -22, IMO, should be the 9th or the 13th wonder of the world (whichever number is applicable in 2016).
You dug up quite an old post.

Update: the J-11D might be powered by a thrust-vectored variant of the WS-10B engine, with 145 kN of thrust, in the future.

The engine has completed ground tests and is currently undergoing flight evaluations aboard a testbed.

Update: the J-11D might be powered by a thrust-vectored variant of the WS-10B engine, with 145 kN of thrust, in the future.

The engine has completed ground tests and is currently undergoing flight evaluations aboard a testbed.

Oh great !!!
But why not J-20 would be powered by a thrust-vectored variant of ... ?

You are right. There is a "Stealth" button inside the cockpit of the -22. When you press it, the plane flying infront of a naked eye disappears. That's how stealthy it is. I don't know anyone else who could even get to this level :enjoy:. All joking aside.
Not a joke. I have seen that button myself. When I pressed it, the entire jet became invisible and it looked like I was standing in mid air.

Ohhh, I would love to see that bird !

Any info on this "testbed" ?? ... if it is a J-11B-testbed or in fact already a J-11D prototype ?? Or still the Il-76LL ?

Not a joke. I have seen that button myself. When I pressed it, the entire jet became invisible and it looked like I was standing in mid air.

The B2 and the X-xx have it too :). Its the "Mirage button". The "skin" adopts to your surroundings and the air......I am trying to get my sports Benz to do the same. But I kind of don't have the money like Lockheed does, so I am about 4 decades behind on R&D :)

084352dt6a7t8qa7t6awaz.jpg
084348cmqf2o2mttfy2fun.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom