What's new

Chinese Flanker Family: J-11, J-16 ... Su-27SK/UBK, Su-30MKK

Attachments

• j16mfd.jpg
    j16mfd.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 0
What is the advantage to have the vertical tail tilt with an angle and not vertical such as this plane?? such stealthy, mechanic or aerodynamic advantage???? this conceptual J15xxx looks pretty cool I must say.

mqdefault.jpg

What is the advantage to have the vertical tail tilt with an angle and not vertical such as this plane?? such stealthy, mechanic or aerodynamic advantage???? this conceptual J15xxx looks pretty cool I must say.

mqdefault.jpg

Not sure about the mechanics behind it, but it is to optimize the RCS.

Not sure about the mechanics behind it, but it is to optimize the RCS.

But is there any aerodynamic penalty by doing so? Imagine when we got SU-35 thrust vectoring engine, combine the latest technology of J-11D and tilted tails for RCS, we can make the latest crazy J-15xxx as semi-stealth fighter...LMAO

Last edited:
Optimize the RCS ?

Guys, I explained it very clear many moons ago on why 'stealth' fighters MUST have twin canted vertical stabs. Surely you can do better than the generic 'optimize the RCS'.

J-16 78XXX。:yahoo:

so, the serial starts with 78xxx ?? ... so most likely the 172nd Air Brigade FTTC at Cangzhou-Cangxian, which also has the Su-30MKK !

So then the J-10B is most likely from the 170 Brigade FTTC ...

Last edited:
Nice ... and now compare this inner structure with the J-20's exhaust ! ... nothing more to say.

Ha! This bird has a right height that the PLA maintainer can stand repairing the engine! It goes to a tragedy if the fuselarge is more higher or lower...

I find no information about J11C, why it jumps from J11B to J11D? I remember someone ever asked the same question, but cannot find the answer. Thanks.

Pak should look into this plane would be relatively cheap and nice addition for our Navy

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom