89fbeef1ly3gkleqbjcqpj20up0o6wra.jpg
89fbeef1ly3gkleqc37gxj20nz0ivwjm.jpg

Via @牧是家 from Weibo

J-11B and J-16
006YYk9Rgy1gkkjbu3ohlj31hc0zj4qp.jpg
006YYk9Rgy1gkkjbwsl7gj31hc0mmhbz.jpg

Via @空军在线 from Weibo

Last edited:
The first pic is incorrect. It shows J-11B with Russian Al engine, instead, China only used these engines in batch 1 of these fighters. The rest are using Chinese engines WS-10. Also, J-11B first batch was retrofitted with WS-10 not long ago, so all use WS-10.

It is in fact NOT wrong. First it shows a J-11B with the old 1st Air Division serials and as such at a time those aircraft were not re-engined and second - at least I don't - have a proof that all now 1st Air Brigade J-11Bs were using WS-10 engines.

If it's not wrong then it's misleading. People will assume all J-11B are using Al engines.

By the way, do we know who is the original creator of these profiles since by my understanding @feel的小步舞曲 usually only composes them together based on others?
Especially the early ones - J-11A, J-11B and BS - are IMO from Bai Wei, who helped me very much with the artworks for my first book, but since several years I know nothing of him and also got no reply to any mails.

By the way, do we know who is the original creator of these profiles since by my understanding @feel的小步舞曲 usually only composes them together based on others?
@feel的小步舞曲 is the original creator.

Back
Top Bottom