What's new

Chinese fishing boats leave disputed shoal in South China Sea

I wouldn't call the utter annihilation of half of Vietnam "a ruckus".

LMFAO!!!! Utter annihilation of Vietnam!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Vietnam is still there, alive and kicking. Trust me I know, I visit Vietnam very often, I still get my bier hoi and pho bo anywhere I want over there, and my passport still bears Vietnam immigration stamps. France couldn't destroy Vietnam, the USA had to pull out and now u are telling me U, U as in the sick man of the east actually annihilated 1/2 of Vietnam. :chilli:

Gimme some of that dope u r smoking man, I'd like to think of myself as a Schwarzenegger once in awhile too.

@NiceGuy - don't bother replying to him. 6 months down the road when this incident is forgotten this same guy is gonna say China withdrew from SCS after launching megaton nukes on some small Filipino island and teaching them a lesson. They are so fed with propoganda that they simply cannot digest the fact that global politics doesn't function on brutish force and muscle alone.

so our fishing boats are suppose to permanently stay there?

Vietnam?

care to check its economy? inflation is like 15%

yet most of its citizens simply don't know/understand what does that mean .

Vietnam?

Come on mate. It's over. Relax. There's no point of digressing with economy, production and other sorts of unrelated topics.

Vietnam?

So Vietnam's 15% inflation is because u annihilated 1/2 their country? :whistle:

China will be tougher day by day as the economy and military developing, Just be patient. Some cockroaches are annoying, I think we maybe have to bear these in 5 years or more, at least we will sweep these cockroaches out of SCS!!
The point is that let USA away from SCS, Viet and Philippine and India are nothing!! Don't waste too much time to argue with them, They are "good" talker, You can get these from the forum!! you should try to neglect them!!

China will be tougher day by day as the economy and military developing, Just be patient. Some cockroaches are annoying, I think we maybe have to bear these in 5 years or more, at least we will sweep these cockroaches out of SCS!!
The point is that let USA away from SCS, Viet and Philippine and India are nothing!! Don't waste too much time to argue with them, They are "good" talker, You can get these from the forum!! you should try to neglect them!!

u have bad memory. just to help u in ur memory. Russia also inked agreement with Vietnam to drill oil there. So u should say Viet and Phillippine and India and Russia.

Also wait for a second. what basis is ur assumption that USA is leaving SCS? likely it wont leave ever so u should by ur own admission forget about SCS forever.

Our fishermen left unharmed with their hardworking efforts and I'm sure they will get a hero welcome when they reach home, Hainan. Our coast guard ships are still there keeping an eye on our territory, abide disputed. Well done!

No third country is involved so no need to drag them into this conflict, vice versa.

I'm still unclear on what the 'diplomatic deal' was, so far it looks to me like the deal was 'let the Chinese fisherman leave with their catch and we won't push this any further'. Hopefully further details are forthcoming, because this 'deal' seems like pure intimidation so far.

Well its not like there was no benefit for interested philippine parties. The navy gets another example to show its government and increase funding/support for a strong navy. This incident helped the hawks in the Philippines more than many Chinese think.

There is also speculation that US ships were preparing to head to the area so the Chinese ships hightailed it.

A vice chief of staff of Viet Nam visited Beijing last week and 20 Viet Namese fishermen got caught by the Filipinos after they chickened back from Huangyan Island.

Interesting development indeed.

I'm still unclear on what the 'diplomatic deal' was, so far it looks to me like the deal was 'let the Chinese fisherman leave with their catch and we won't push this any further'. Hopefully further details are forthcoming, because this 'deal' seems like pure intimidation so far.

Well its not like there was no benefit for interested philippine parties. The navy gets another example to show its government and increase funding/support for a strong navy. This incident helped the hawks in the Philippines more than many Chinese think.

There is also speculation that US ships were preparing to head to the area so the Chinese ships hightailed it.

Usually in this kind of cases if one side backs down the other side would tone down their bellicose and reciprocate in kind. Both sides declare moral victories and keep the protocol and leave the disputes to the future until the appropriate time when both sides are prepare to resume. I think that will be the case here.

The US already reiterated many times that she's not going to be involved in these particular water disputes. She knows China is not going to be intimidated by her so why ruin their increasingly closed economic relationships. She will probably acts as the de facto pease advocate if wars break out.

LMFAO!!!! Utter annihilation of Vietnam!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Vietnam is still there, alive and kicking. Trust me I know, I visit Vietnam very often, I still get my bier hoi and pho bo anywhere I want over there, and my passport still bears Vietnam immigration stamps. France couldn't destroy Vietnam, the USA had to pull out and now u are telling me U, U as in the sick man of the east actually annihilated 1/2 of Vietnam. :chilli:

Gimme some of that dope u r smoking man, I'd like to think of myself as a Schwarzenegger once in awhile too.

@NiceGuy - don't bother replying to him. 6 months down the road when this incident is forgotten this same guy is gonna say China withdrew from SCS after launching megaton nukes on some small Filipino island and teaching them a lesson. They are so fed with propoganda that they simply cannot digest the fact that global politics doesn't function on brutish force and muscle alone.

US pulled out, true. That was after they gassed Vietnamese with napalm and Agent Orange, killed 3 million civilians and created a new race called "Eurasians" in Vietnam.

Chinese fishing boats end Philippine standoff

Talks between the Philippines and China over a fishing dispute in the South China Sea remain deadlocked despite an apparent end to a standoff between Chinese fishing boats and Philippine naval vessels, according to the Philippine government.

Albert del Rosario, the Philippine foreign secretary, said eight Chinese fishing vessels that sparked the incident had left waters near the islands of Scarborough Shoal on Friday as negotiations were continuing.

Del Rosario said in a statement that he only learned of the departure of the Chinese boats while meeting Chinese ambassador Ma Keqing on the dispute. He said the Chinese boats had taken their catches with them, despite Philippine efforts to claim the haul.

"The Chinese fishing vessels had left the lagoon, a development which we had been working towards except for our not being able to confiscate their illegal harvest ... which was regrettable," said Del Rosario in a statement.

"The meeting with Ambassador Ma last night resulted in a stalemate as we had demanded of one another that the other nation's ship be first to leave the area," he added.

The Philippine military said a coast guard vessel remained at Scarborough Shoal, about 230 kilometres west of the country's main island of Luzon, monitoring a Chinese marine vessel which was still stationed in the area.

Live sharks

The Philippines had wanted the fishermen to hand over their hauls of giant clams, corals and live sharks in return for safe passage out of the area, but the ships took their catches with them.

The crisis started on Sunday when the Philippines found the eight Chinese fishing boats in the area, which the Philippines claims as its territory.

A Philippine navy warship was preparing to arrest the Chinese fishermen for poaching but China dispatched the three civilian vessels to take turns blocking the Philippine ship.

China has disputes with several countries in the region including the Philippines over areas of the South China Sea, which is believed to be rich in oil and gas and is crossed by important shipping lanes.

Aside from the Philippines and China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei also claim all or parts of the waters as their own.

The Philippines and Vietnam complained last year of increasingly aggressive acts by China in staking its claim to the South China Sea.

However this week's stand-off is the highest-profile in recent years.

Chinese fishing boats end Philippine standoff - Asia-Pacific - Al Jazeera English

----------------

So, the invincible, almighty Philippine military warship can be blocked simply by a Chinese civilian boat, and "not being able to confiscate their illegal harvest"... what a LOL joke!

RO China formally claimed this island China's in 1900s, whereas the Philippines claimed this in 2009. Looks like the Pinoy don't have thick enough face to insist... they know they are pirates.

So, the invincible, almighty Philippine military warship can be blocked simply by a Chinese civilian boat, and "not being able to confiscate their illegal harvest"... what a LOL joke!

they are extremely frustrated right now.. they came with their most powerful flag warship destroyer to intimidate the fishing boats but got intimidated in return.

u have bad memory. just to help u in ur memory. Russia also inked agreement with Vietnam to drill oil there. So u should say Viet and Phillippine and India and Russia.

Also wait for a second. what basis is ur assumption that USA is leaving SCS? likely it wont leave ever so u should by ur own admission forget about SCS forever.

how about you stop flatting yourself?
next time when you read a news story, better finish the whole article, would you?

the new contract Vietnam signed with Russia is to drill oil from their 0.53&0.54 distict which is not inside the disputed area, and with this new contract the Russian company bagged 49% of the revene.

and regarding India, you might have a big mouth, but you dont even have the ability/technology to explore or drill oil from deep sea, so dream on.

Back
Top Bottom