What's new

Chinese consortium to launch new airline in Pakistan

Anything but PIA, I remember them diverting our plane to Karachi and switching planes 5 hours later to Islamabad. Making us wait in a hot bus for 40 mins outside on hot tarmac and finally serving out of date yogurt on a flight in 2012. Hopeless.

sir, might this chinese competition will uplift PIA.. you know that how much we Pakistanis are lazy if there is not any competitor.

Not when Chinese companies have deep pockets, how long will PIA compete with a brand new airline with 20 planes offering better domestic service? This consortium isn't filled with some new Chinese companies.

It could be argued Emirates/Qatar/ Etihad/ Turkish would uplift PIA how well did that work out? Politics rule State Owned Enterprises.

Not when Chinese companies have deep pockets, how long will PIA compete with a brand new airline with 20 planes offering better domestic service? This consortium isn't filled with some new Chinese companies.

It could be argued Emirates/Qatar/ Etihad/ Turkish would uplift PIA how well did that work out? Politics rule State Owned Enterprises.

At least our citizens can enjoy a quality world class airline service. It's now up to our airlines to rise to the challenge and shape up. Everything the Chinese do will ultimately provide our citizens with quality that only the developed nations enjoy. If our own companies and entities cannot compete at this level then they deserve to be eradicated. Only the fittest survive.

At least our citizens can enjoy a quality world class airline service. It's now up to our airlines to rise to the challenge and shape up. Everything the Chinese do will ultimately provide our citizens with quality that only the developed nations enjoy. If our own companies and entities cannot compete at this level then they deserve to be eradicated. Only the fittest survive.
rest assured they will also bring in similar airline. Remember these are commercial times everyone is here to make money. If your own airlines did this what can you expect from others in budget cost

rest assured they will also bring in similar airline. Remember these are commercial times everyone is here to make money. If your own airlines did this what can you expect from others in budget cost

Not only that, I appreciate China and our allies investing in Pakistan. Remember, China is set to become the world's first and as yet GLOBAL HYPERPOWER. They are the most intelligent and gifted people in the world. There is a REASON why they are investing at in at least $51 billion in Pakistan with many more billions earmarked for investments in the coming years and decades. Whatever the Chinese do for Pakistan will provide the common person with a quality and choice only those in the developed nations enjoy. Be that in infrastructure, services or electrical goods etc.

i

it is a shame that we are talking of pia being upgraded by those airlines which on e depended on pia for a start up. What a pity. Thanks to politicization of the airline filed with nincompoops

Not only that, I appreciate China and our allies investing in Pakistan. Remember, China is set to become the world's first and as yet GLOBAL HYPERPOWER. They are the most intelligent and gifted people in the world. There is a REASON why they are investing at in at least $51 billion in Pakistan with many more billions earmarked for investments in the coming years and decades. Whatever the Chinese do for Pakistan will provide the common person with a quality and choice only those in the developed nations enjoy. Be that in infrastructure, services or electrical goods etc.

won't deny the fact. However in todays world everyone looks after own interest. China has been a good friend and so have we reciprocated, only because ones interest supplements others

In the coming years, China will have a MASSIVE influence in every aspect of Pakistani life. Iran and Turkey will have a massive influence on our culture aswell. Any inflence east of us will slowly die off.

This is the first step. Are we prepared for it?

Bro I like how you think. You speak the mind of all patriotic Pakistanis. :-)

i

it is a shame that we are talking of pia being upgraded by those airlines which on e depended on pia for a start up. What a pity. Thanks to politicization of the airline filed with nincompoops

won't deny the fact. However in todays world everyone looks after own interest. China has been a good friend and so have we reciprocated, only because ones interest supplements others

Precisely! And it's in China's best interest to have a Pakistan that is militarily & economically strong with a progressive infrastructure.

Bro I like how you think. You speak the mind of all patriotic Pakistanis. :-)

Thank you Bro. I appreciate you saying that. Some on PDF say that I'm too patriotic and it often gets me in trouble......lol.

The quality of Chinese Airlines isn't comparable to Singapore or Qantas. Even Emirates has dual facades offering superior quality service to Western destinations which are considered Premium routes as compared to it's service with Eastern destinations.

Make sure a certain percentage of Profits stay in Pakistan and are reinvested in the country/ airline.

It wasn't just politicization, which is such a broad term, but selling of airport terminals and routes to the, then, start ups from a variety of reasons of "ummah" to corruption money, lack of brand recognition, safety concerns/ image of Pakistan, integration of technology, even maintenance.

Precisely! And it's in China's best interest to have a Pakistan that is militarily & economically strong with a progressive infrastructure.

The Chinese could have bought shares of an existing airline or the new one where the work over regulations is minimum or just set up a subsidiary of an existing Chinese airline what's with 'new'. The news is incomplete.

The quality of Chinese Airlines isn't comparable to Singapore or Qantas. Even Emirates has dual facades offering superior quality service to Western destinations which are considered Premium routes as compared to it's service with Eastern destinations.

Make sure a certain percentage of Profits stay in Pakistan and are reinvested in the country/ airline.

It wasn't just politicization, which is such a broad term, but selling of airport terminals and routes to the, then, start ups from a variety of reasons of "ummah" to corruption money, lack of brand recognition, safety concerns/ image of Pakistan, integration of technology, even maintenance.

The Chinese could have bought shares of an existing airline or the new one where the work over regulations is minimum or just set up a subsidiary of an existing Chinese airline what's with 'new'. The news is incomplete.

But it would still be better than anything we can produce at the moment.

Thank you Bro. I appreciate you saying that. Some on PDF say that I'm too patriotic and it often gets me in trouble......lol.

There's nothing like "being too patriotic".

Either you're patriotic OR you're not. Either you love your family and your country OR you're a selfish $cum.

There's no middle ground.

But it would still be better than anything we can produce at the moment.

Why not appoint a Chinese individual who has aviation managerial experience as the PIA Czar with full powers?

Look at Emirates the "Chairman" is the highest position but de facto the airlines is run by Tim, Thierry, Gary, and Adel Ahmad.

http://www.theemiratesgroup.com/english/our-company/leadership/leadership.aspx

PIA can compete, just cut off it off from the hands of the government and allow for Equal Employment, regardless of nationality, in Executive levels.

Back
Top Bottom