What's new

Chinese companies to team-up with Indian firms to bid for five high-speed railway projects

illusion8

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
BEIJING: Chinese firms are teaming with Indian companies to jointly bid for five high-speed railway projects in India in an apparent attempt to compete with Japan's plans to build bullet trains.

The Indian government will soon open the projects for public bidding and Tata Projects, one of the fastest growing infrastructure companies in India, is in discussions with an undisclosed Chinese company that owns the advanced technology used in the bid, state-run China Daily reported today.

Industry insiders believe the potential partner would be one of China's major rail companies, CSR Corp or CNR Corp, though neither company would confirm they were part of the bid, the front page report from Mumbai titled "Chinese firms eye Indian rail projects" said.

The Daily's report came as Japan has announced financial, technical and operational support for bullet train projects in India during the current visit of PM Narendra Modi to Tokyo.

China is expected to unveil its investments in India during President Xi Jinping's visit to New Delhi, scheduled for the third week of this month.

The issue of Chinese investments in Indian railways figured in yesterday's talks between Indian Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and her Chinese counterpart Gao Hucheng here.

She told media after the talks that India wants Chinese investments and expertise to upgrade the existing tracks to increase the speed of the trains up to about 160 km besides modernising stations.

Asked whether India is open for bullet trains from China, she said "I would not close the door but what exactly it is going to be and will it work out which the railways can work out".

Sitharaman's talks with Chinese officials focussed on Chinese investments to be announced by Xi during his visit to India.

Vinayak Deshpande, managing director of Tata Projects, said his company has previously cooperated with CSR on a train project in Navi Mumbai.

"We like to use China's technology and products because they are proven to be reliable and the cost is relatively low," Deshpande was quoted by Daily as saying.

He said the Indian government plans to complete the high-speed railway projects in the following five years.

Feng Hao, a researcher at the Institute of Comprehensive Transportation at the National Development and Reform Commission, said India has been advancing high-speed railway projects to improve transportation, as it is keen to be part of the Bangladesh-India-Myanmar-China economic corridor and to upgrade the service level of its public transportation.

"This indicates that having an efficient and fast railway network is critical for India to reach all its goals," Feng told the Daily.

Chinese companies to team-up with Indian firms to bid for five high-speed railway projects - The Economic Times

Panchoon ungli ghee mein aur sar kadaai mein.

Your Tata company is in everything man, is this the Indian Samsung and Hyundai. I don't know any one Chinese firm has that much power, nor the US.

Your Tata company is in everything man, is this the Indian Samsung and Hyundai. I don't know any one Chinese firm has that much power, nor the US.

That's what Reliance is also trying to do. I doubt they ever going to repeat it though.

India allwoing China to invest in their infrastructure? This is a security threat that can be exploited by China to spy on India and sabotage the country. This deal shouldnt be allowed, since Chinese firms are owned/backed by the communist party CCP and cant be trusted. They should be ban. loool Just sarcasm.:D:P

Well its surpsing to see India inviting China to supply/build/upgrade it railways/high speed trains. Its welcomed though, since i have noticed south asians are too reticent to trade with their rival countries which has made the region lag behind alot compared to east asia who trades alot with each other even firece rivals like China and Japan trade alot with each other, In fact even China- Vietnam(90million people) trade is almost equal to China-India(1.2billion people) trade.:cheesy: something is defintely wrong.:agree:

Tata is probably bigger than Samsung when it comes to subsidiaries and no of people employed but they can't as big as them when it comes to revenues and profits.
Most of the big Indian companies are multi conglomerates.

This not High Speed Trains but the upgradation of existing tracks to Semi-High Speed Rail :lol:
The other contenders would be the companies that are already building DFC.

L&T w/ Sojitz
IVRCL w/ Fujita
IRCON w/Mitsui
Gammon-GMR w/Marubeni

There are quite a few of those conglomerates.But Tata is probably the biggest among them.

Tata is probably bigger than Samsung when it comes to subsidiaries and no of people employed but they can't as big as them when it comes to revenues and profits.
Most of the big Indian companies are multi conglomerates.

This not High Speed Trains but the upgradation of existing tracks to Semi-High Speed Rail :lol:
The other contenders would be the companies that are already building DFC.

L&T w/ Sojitz
IVRCL w/ Fujita
IRCON w/Mitsui
Gammon-GMR w/Marubeni

are you sure? It says bullet train and high speed railway right in the article.

Chinese companies has a good chance to win some projects because of their cheap offer.

India allwoing China to invest in their infrastructure? This is a security threat that can be exploited by China to spy on India and sabotage the country. This deal shouldnt be allowed, since Chinese firms are owned/backed by the communist party CCP and cant be trusted. They should be ban. loool Just sarcasm.:D:P

Well its surpsing to see India inviting China to supply/build/upgrade it railways/high speed trains. Its welcomed though, since i have noticed south asians are too reticent to trade with their rival countries which has made the region lag behind alot compared to east asia who trades alot with each other even firece rivals like China and Japan trade alot with each other, In fact even China- Vietnam(90million people) trade is almost equal to China-India(1.2billion people) trade.:cheesy: something is defintely wrong.:agree:

We are not an internally weak country to be sabotaged by China or any other country. US, Russia and many other country tried on their own way and failed miserably.

are you sure? It says bullet train and high speed railway right in the article.
Actually there are 2 types of projects. 1st is to develop high speed corridors on selected lines and 2nd project is to upgrade all Indian lines to semi high speed(160-180 kmph). I guess Chinese are participating in both.

Actually there are 2 types of projects. 1st is to develop high speed corridors on selected lines and 2nd project is to upgrade all Indian lines to semi high speed(160-180 kmph). I guess Chinese are participating in both.

I do not think that we need any help in upgrading lines to semi highspeed line up to 160 to 180 KM. We may need fund, However for a line of above 200 KM we may need a little guidance to lay down the track. We can realize 400 KM + speed engine on our own by the time the track is ready. We already have 225 KM speed engine.

I do not think that we need any help in upgrading lines to semi highspeed line up to 160 to 180 KM. We may need fund, However for a line of above 200 KM we may need a little guidance to lay down the track. We can realize 400 KM + speed engine on our own. We already have 225 KM speed engine.
Well upgrading will need vast funds and we have to take some help here either from China, Japan or both.

Well upgrading will need vast funds and we have to take some help here either from China, Japan or both.

We can go for infrastructure bond by government. Collecting few crore should be a cake walk.

Back
Top Bottom