What's new

Chinese ace software competition: But why Indian coders are getting hired?

White man companies prefer Indians because

• Indians are smarter

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Indians practice racism, kicking everyone out of jobs

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Fear of Chinese industrial espionage, while Indians are not capable of reverse engineering

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Indians talk better

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
Try getting into a team of idiots and get surrounded by someone who cannot code in your software team. Its such a pleasure to be surrounded by genius. They get you real fast.

Lux,

Why do you always create such 'sensationalist' threads? Again, you may have some experiences in Singapore, but I should encourage you to do some work here in the United States , perhaps it may open your eyes. On the figurative sense, of course.

Lux,

Why do you always create such 'sensationalist' threads? Again, you may have some experiences in Singapore, but I should encourage you to do some work here in the United States , perhaps it may open your eyes. On the figurative sense, of course.

I have worked in plenty of white man lab attaching myself in their labs. To be frank, many of my white man engineers secretly confide their Indians colleagues sucks but they really found puzzling why their managers keep hiring these folks.

I'm merely vouchsafing for South Asians in Academia as I had specifically pointed out in my first post in this thread. Since the OP posits his opinion and the context of this thread has been to lambast South Asians with some kind of motive of referring to some kind of inferiority when compared to East Asians. When we all know that is just simply unjustified considering the number of South Asian graduate / doctoral students. Of course I offered my opinion and personal experience in collaborating with / working with South Asian Academics.

I agree, every race has smart people. There is no such thing as "Indians" are superior beings as they like to consider themselves. I've seen and actually manage many below average. The US has helped them get to where they are today. Doesn't mean every Indian is an Einstein!

One simple answer. Money. Indians work for lower wage but longer hours. White man exploit this weakness.

That is not exactly true always...Indian IT companies work with lower bill rate..But whoever people are permanent resident, they work with much higher wages that the Inidan companies...Of course..the bottomline is for Indian people like me, work is priority but for white people, their life is more priority...and that is where the opportunity for others to grab the share of job and move forward...If white people will be doing the job like otehrs..why the heck even they need outsiders...It is a simple rule ..

I have worked in plenty of white man lab attaching myself in their labs. To be frank, many of my white man engineers secretly confide their Indians colleagues sucks but they really found puzzling why their managers keep hiring these folks.

Why do you keep on referring to these people as "white man" ? Your taste in using such unpalatable descriptive ergo "white man lab" , "white man school", "white man lab" is rather characteristic of colonial mentality inferiority. I suggest you change your descriptive uses as it is quite insufferable to read, and it lowers the quality of your message as that of an uneducated clod.

Now, to the point. Seems to me that the department you worked in has issues in group-group dynamics, best to address this issue directly instead of continuing such passive aggressive dynamic. That usually leads to poor departmental capabilities.

Then again, can i expect much from you?

PS. Calm it down on the prejudicial posts, mate.

I agree, every race has smart people. There is no such thing as "Indians" are superior beings as they like to consider themselves. I've seen and actually manage many below average. The US has helped them get to where they are today. Doesn't mean every Indian is an Einstein!

I did not say that every Indian is an Einstein. And I specifically used the 'South Asian' grouping for a reason.

Those white man who are puzzled why their manager keep hiring will remain puzzled for ever..Because..they are inefficient and they lack the competativeness to compete with talents Indian people that is where of course these so called white colleugue are not manager rather someone like you who share all their confidential thing with you only..:(

No self respecting Indian cares what the 'white engineer' thinks. He's not paid to please the 'white engineer'. The only thing he cares is how to get the job done to the satisfaction of the client and his manager, be him/her/it grey, green, yellow, pink or violet. And I assure you he/she does it well..

The only person in this entire thread concerned with the opinion of 'white engineers' is you, which leads to the logical conclusion that you're neck deep in your inferiority complex. Go see a shrink, or drown in your misery. Not one Indian gives a damn.

Those white man who are puzzled why their manager keep hiring will remain puzzled for ever..Because..they are inefficient and they lack the competativeness to compete with talents Indian people that is where of course these so called white colleugue are not manager rather someone like you who share all their confidential thing with you only..:(

Of course, ONLY Indians can solve all world problems. They had flying Ferraris which would fly inter-galaxy on water. A million miles per one gallon of H2O (Water). And there were IPADS and IPHONES and Cancer and Aid were cured by taking two "Vedic" pills twice a day in the Vedic times 6000 years ago. I can't believe this is the crap you are now teaching you children in school about fake Indian supremacy!!!!

I just want to open a thread to discuss why so many Indians software programmers and why Indians fared so badly in software engineering competition.

Something is fishy.

I am hearing for 1st time that there is a software engineering competition...Why the heck do you think that that every one will be interested to go for that competition in the 1st place? Your assumption itself is wrong..

Permit me to add another point. If people such as Lux and others who share his mentality think that South Asians are incapable, then why is it that South Asians have a considerable presence in the US Medical Industry? Go to any major hospital system in the United States, and you will see South Asian Medical Residents , or Attending Physicians in any floor. Be it Psychiatry, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Podiatry, Pediatrics et al.

lol.

I guess they're smart enough to pass the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Exams) Steps 1, 2 (CK, CS) and 3.

LOL.

Of course, ONLY Indians can solve all world problems. They had flying Ferraris which would fly inter-galaxy on water. A million miles per one gallon of H2O (Water). And there were IPADS and IPHONES and Cancer and Aid were cured by taking two "Vedic" pills twice a day in the Vedic times 6000 years ago. I can't believe this is the crap you are now teaching you children in school about fake Indian supremacy!!!!

Why are you so much worried about what we are teaching our kids in our school..How it is relevant to the discussion...
Anyway, i can understand your pain and frustration too..Indian can not solve all the worlds problem so as the people of China also can not solve the worlds problem too...No one is perfect...every race evolves with course of time....So what is the big deal in it...

While Indians may not be interested in "software competition" deemed useless to them, the Topcoder is an entirely different beast. It is a competition as well.

Topcoder is use by recruiter of big tech such as Google, Facebook, to headhunt the world most talented software engineer. The finalist get to land into Google or facebook and many get a lead role immediately.

Unfortunately none or very few Indians got in through sheer brainpower such as top coder competition. Indians cannot code.

Indians normally get into big tech having a interviewing panel full of Indians.

Below is 2009 article.

China dominates NSA-backed coding contest | Computerworld

TopCoder Inc., which runs software competitions as part of its software development service, operates TopCoder Open, an annual contest.

But the fact remains: Of 70 finalists, 20 were from China, 10 from Russia and two from the U.S.

China's showing in the finals was also helped by the sheer volume of its numbers, 894. India followed at 705, but none of its programmers were finalists. Russia had 380 participants; the United States, 234; Poland, 214; Egypt, 145; and Ukraine, 128, among others.

From the time mankind set foot on earth, learning from others and improved upon that works had been the foundation of advancement. The West did it, so why can't we? The key is first the willingness to learn and two, to change that work into something more efficient and excited. Indians are only capable of learning but are not good at improving on that work. This is why the West are not afraid of selling you high-tech stuff. They even outsource coding works to you because most Indians are just follower and only instruct to do what is being said. The Chinese, on the other hand, we will look into their code and attempt to make it better. That is what the West fear from us because they used to do that to advance themselves. It is also explain why most Indians prefer to work for big tech companies while Chinese prefer to self-develop and start up new tech firms in Silicon Valley.
Remember that Cocos
I just want to open a thread to discuss why so many Indians software programmers and why Indians fared so badly in software engineering competition.

Something is fishy.
No you wanted to say Indians hire Indians even if bad. That's all. Competition had nothing to do with this.

While Indians may not be interested in "software competition" deemed useless to them, the Topcoder is an entirely different beast. It is a competition as well.

Topcoder is use by recruiter of big tech such as Google, Facebook, to headhunt the world most talented software engineer. The finalist get to land into Google or facebook and many get a lead role immediately.

Unfortunately none or very few Indians got in through sheer brainpower such as top coder competition. Indians cannot code.

Below is 2009 article.

TopCoder Inc., which runs software competitions as part of its software development service, operates TopCoder Open, an annual contest.

But the fact remains: Of 70 finalists, 20 were from China, 10 from Russia and two from the U.S.

China's showing in the finals was also helped by the sheer volume of its numbers, 894. India followed at 705, but none of its programmers were finalists. Russia had 380 participants; the United States, 234; Poland, 214; Egypt, 145; and Ukraine, 128, among others.

Because here in India, people do techgig. topcoder is one of the many such sites. Did that ever cross your mind ? that in India, some other website may be trending ?

BTW, what processor your computer runs on ? Intel or AMD ? Still using it ? Don't you have shame ?

Below is 2009 article.

Google Sundar pichai

Back
Top Bottom