What's new

China’s Xiaomi strikes ahead of iPhone 6

All examples you've mentioned are product of very good policy implemented by Chinese Govt. decades back. Most of these factories were set up by foreign companies or helped by those companies to setup and produce goods based on material of process of their selection. No or very little innovation involved in it.

It helped China in long run. Now Chinese product are almost on par with normal brands out side China. But even today Chinese more inclined to choose product made out side it they get choice.

you've zero knowledge about what happened in china, please don't make up fake stories. "all set up by foreign companies?" are you joking? The foreign companies were doing charity?

If you don't know it, let me give you some data, now China is No. 1 in patent application, No.2 in patent granted, according
to World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)

The patent filing and keeping process are costly games, so don't take it like a student writing a trash paper for graduation.

China also spends 2rd largest amount of money on R&D, and generates 2rd largest amount of scientific papers as well.

In terms of high quality scientific paper, Nature Publishing Index (NPI) set by NATURE magazine said that China is now No.4 in the world, next to US, UK, and Germany, and will probably take over Germany's position this year.

I can not post links now, but you can easily find those results with google.

you've zero knowledge about what happened in china, please don't make up fake stories. "all set up by foreign companies?" are you joking? The foreign companies were doing charity?

If you don't know it, let me give you some data, now China is No. 1 in patent application, No.2 in patent granted, according
to World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)

The patent filing and keeping process are costly games, so don't take it like a student writing a trash paper for graduation.

China also spends 2rd largest amount of money on R&D, and generates 2rd largest amount of scientific papers as well.

In terms of high quality scientific paper, Nature Publishing Index (NPI) set by NATURE magazine said that China is now No.4 in the world, next to US, UK, and Germany, and will probably take over Germany's position this year.

I can not post links now, but you can easily find those results with google.

You've no idea how industrial eco system develops and the contribution of foreign companies to China's industrial revolution.

It doesn't matter who they hire as long as the top floor gives the right direction. How many foreign top engineers or designers do you think work for BMW or Mercedes or Siemens?

Plenty ... e.g. Shanghai has more than 500K foreigners! almost 100% of MNC are headed by Expacts.

You've no idea how industrial eco system develops and the contribution of foreign companies to China's industrial revolution.

Since 1950, we have been more industrialized than India by far, with major scientific benchmarks all reached at least a decade ahead of India and usually 2, despite being sanctioned. I guess you must know a great deal about how industrial ecosystems develop?

If that is the case, do you think you're the smartest person in India? If you aren't, then probably other Indians have also thought about it. With all these great thinkers in India, why has ultra high tech, ultra creative India been unable to industrialize, and indeed, has been decades behind major industrial benchmarks by "no innovation" Chinese? Why is your scientific production less than 1/10th that of Chinese? Why is India still talking about "innovation" in terms of cost saving, and not innovation in terms of "nobody in the world has ever done this before"?

Since 1950, we have been more industrialized than India by far, with major scientific benchmarks all reached at least a decade ahead of India and usually 2, despite being sanctioned. I guess you must know a great deal about how industrial ecosystems develop?

If that is the case, do you think you're the smartest person in India? If you aren't, then probably other Indians have also thought about it. With all these great thinkers in India, why has ultra high tech, ultra creative India been unable to industrialize, and indeed, has been decades behind major industrial benchmarks by "no innovation" Chinese? Why is your scientific production less than 1/10th that of Chinese? Why is India still talking about "innovation" in terms of cost saving, and not innovation in terms of "nobody in the world has ever done this before"?

Read again.... I've no problem on recognizing Chinese achievements. But I do have problem when people neglect efforts and contribution put in by foreignness.

e.g. 10 years it was too difficult to find good engineers and managers in China. Today it's relatively easy. All credit goes to policies and efforts of Chinese Govt and people. But neglecting other will be completely wrong. Look around see who are the biggest manufacturers of mobile phone/ laptops/ tablets and origins of those companies. You'll know the truth.

Read again.... I've no problem on recognizing Chinese achievements. But I do have problem when people neglect efforts and contribution put in by foreignness.

e.g. 10 years it was too difficult to find good engineers and managers in China. Today it's relatively easy. All credit goes to policies and efforts of Chinese Govt and people. But neglecting other will be completely wrong. Look around see who are the biggest manufacturers of mobile phone/ laptops/ tablets and origins of those companies. You'll know the truth.

Mobile phone: Huawei - Shenzhen.
Laptop: Lenovo - Beijing.
Tablets: Coolpad - Shenzhen.

10 years ago was 2004. In 2004, Huawei was already one of the largest telecom hardware companies, Loongson was already out and we already put a man into space. Back then Chinese average GDP per capita was 1500, same as Vietnam and India today. Why has Vietnam and India been unable to have equal achievements at equal GDP per capita?

Mobile phone: Huawei - Shenzhen.
Laptop: Lenovo - Beijing.
Tablets: Coolpad - Shenzhen.

10 years ago was 2004. In 2004, Huawei was already one of the largest telecom hardware companies, Loongson was already out and we already put a man into space. Back then Chinese average GDP per capita was 1500, same as Vietnam and India today. Why has Vietnam and India been unable to have equal achievements at equal GDP per capita?

Lenovo laptops - Most of them manufactured by Taiwanese and over seas companies, including ODM with Lenovo stamp
Hiawei Mobile Phones - Most manufactired by Taiwanis, Singaporiean, US based CMs
Coolpad - Not sure - but these are treated as very low end

Lenovo laptops - Most of them manufactured by Taiwanese and over seas companies, including ODM with Lenovo stamp
Hiawei Mobile Phones - Most manufactired by Taiwanis, Singaporiean, US based CMs
Coolpad - Not sure - but these are treated as very low end

Wait, so having your design being manufactured by cheap ODMs is a sign of being low tier? I guess Foxxcon is the greatest company ever and Apple, Nike and Adidas are low tier companies :lol: . Huawei is mostly a design company in terms of phones, but they also have a telecom hardware sector. In case you didn't realize, optical switches handling TB of data is much harder to manufacture than a phone with modular, off the shelf components. Huawei is also a fabless IC company, much like Qualcomm does not manufacture a single chip. I guess Qualcomm must be a low tier company too.

in my opinion, Xiaomi is not the same level as Iphone.
But lucky for Chinese, we have a better choice, Honor.
You might be heard Huawei, but you may not know another cell phone brand of Huawei, Honor.
Marketing strategy of Honor just like Xiaomi, top feature with much more reasonable price, bases on the fact of Huawei handles more tech of cell phone and networks, Honor is better than Xiaomi.
Unfortunately, I guess Honor phones only open to China local market.

You might be heard Huawei, but you may not know another cell phone brand of Huawei, Honor.
Marketing strategy of Honor just like Xiaomi, top feature with much more reasonable price, bases on the fact of Huawei handles more tech of cell phone and networks, Honor is better than Xiaomi.

Honor is not the brand but a model of one of Huawei's smartphone products :D

Huawei rules。:enjoy:

Wait, so having your design being manufactured by cheap ODMs is a sign of being low tier? I guess Foxxcon is the greatest company ever and Apple, Nike and Adidas are low tier companies :lol: . Huawei is mostly a design company in terms of phones, but they also have a telecom hardware sector. In case you didn't realize, optical switches handling TB of data is much harder to manufacture than a phone with modular, off the shelf components. Huawei is also a fabless IC company, much like Qualcomm does not manufacture a single chip. I guess Qualcomm must be a low tier company too.

You lost the context and talking out of context, we are talking about contribution of foreigners to Chinese industry. I've proved that most of so called best Chinese phones are designed/ made by foreigners or companies of foreign origin and that prove my point that Chinese companies wining due to cost and will need more time to be called best and most reliable products.

About Huawei, you may know that, it started stealing Cisco design and people also most of design work is done off shores and most of reliable products produced by Non Chinese companies based in China.

On topic, I'd buy Huwawei any time if I've to choose between Xiomei and Huawei.

Back
Top Bottom