What's new

China’s Worst Nightmare: Is a U.S.- India Military Alliance Brewing?

10967539274_40d4e693fe_b.jpg

Washington and New Delhi are getting a lot more serious about military-to-military ties. As the United States and India become more wary of an increasingly assertive China, the two countries are gradually edging closer together.
On May 16, American and Indian officials met for a “maritime security dialogue” in New Delhi. “The dialogue covered issues of mutual interest, including exchange of perspectives on maritime security development in the Asia-Pacific and Indian Ocean Region as well as prospects for further strengthening cooperation between India and the United States in this regard,” stated an Indian Ministry of External Affairs press release.

Washington and New Delhi are also close to formalizing a historic military cooperation agreement hazily called the “Logistics Support Agreement” — or LSA. The agreement would allow the two militaries to use each other’s land, air and naval bases for resupplies, repairs and conducting operations.

American and Indian officials agreed to hold the summit during an April visit by U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter. Despite regular meetings and joint military training, the United States and India are not allies in any formal sense. India was officially unaligned in the Cold War but kept close relations with the Soviet Union — and the United States backed arch-rival Pakistan.

But there is a slow yet historic realignment underway. First of all, the United States and India are both growing warier of China’s rise as a major regional military power. Second, the U.S.-Pakistani relationship has deteriorated during the course of America’s decade-and-a-half-long war in Afghanistan. Meanwhile, Pakistan is the world’s top recipient of Chinese weapons.

In an April profile in The Atlantic, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote that U.S. Pres. Barack Obama “privately questions why Pakistan, which he believes is a disastrously dysfunctional country, should be considered an ally of the U.S. at all.”

Then there’s the LSA, which — if signed — could enhance cooperation between the U.S. and Indian militaries to an unprecedented level.

Adm. Harry Harris, chief of the U.S. Navy’s Pacific Command, told Congress in February that America and India are negotiating the LSA, another agreement called the CISMOA that would allow secure communications when both militaries operate together, and a third agreement regarding the exchange of topographical, nautical and aeronautical data.

“We have not gotten to the point of signing them with India, but I think we’re close,” Harris told the U.S. House Armed Services Committee.

During the last few months, the proposed agreements has come closer to being a reality. “Secretary Carter and I agreed in principle to conclude a logistics exchange memorandum of agreement in the coming months,” Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar said during Carter’s April visit.

These developments build on previous moves between the Indian and U.S. governments. In 2012, then Defense Secretary Leon Panetta directed Carter — at the time his deputy — to head an initiative to widen the scope of mil-to-mil cooperation between the two counties. The result was the U.S.-India Defense Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI).

“The DTTI is not a treaty or a law,” the initiative’s website states. “It is a flexible mechanism to ensure that senior leaders from our nations are persistently focused on the opportunities and challenges associated with growing our defense partnership.”

Through DTTI, American and Indian officials have discussed sharing technology and boosting business ties between the two countries’ defense industries.

During Carter’s April visit, he discussed the possibility of sharing technology to help New Delhi build its first domestically produced aircraft carrier INSVishal — a deal the two countries have been negotiating through DTTI under the auspice of the “Aircraft Carrier Working Group.”
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...mare-us-india-military-alliance-brewing-16301
For all the members who are jumping off their seats they need to calm down and think with a calm mind and take a note of the history. USA never was and never will be someones friend. Recall all the wars USA was involved in and where they were fought. USA has never fought a war on its own soil or never allows it to happen closest someone ever got was during Cuban Missile Crisis. As a result no American civilian has ever lost his/her life it is always the ally or the friend who suffers.

1) Vietnam War: Approximately 0.4 million civilians died (Basically it was a fight between US and USSR)
2) Korean War: 2.5 million Koreans were either killed or wounded (Same as above it turned out to be US vs USSR but koreans were the ones who suffered the most)
3) Afghanistan: Till 1990 Pakistan was a real friend but then suddenly a rough nation set to develop nukes. Then suddenly in 2002 Pakistan was a major non-NATO ally. Since 2002 more than 50000 innocent pakistani civilians have lost their lives forget about the economic loss.
4) Iraq: Over a million Iraqis have lost their lives and most of them weren't even Saddam's supporters. And should I remind it was the same Saddam USA supported during Iran-Iraq war.

So my point is USA's friendship is a double sided blade that cuts you more then the other side. In current scenario China is a threat to USA's world dominance and in order to tackle China they want to use India like they used Pakistan and others against USSR. At the moment they'll provide you with trade and technology but in the end India will be fighting a war with China even if it doesn't want to and who knows India might also find itself face to face with Russia as well. So my friends take a moment and think who are the major military powers after USA, EU and UK? They are China, Russia and India and by ensuring India fights China USA is killing 2 birds with 1 stone and if Russia doesn't sit quietly it would be 3.

lol, its look like you started making destroyers today....or wake up today morning

Destroyers
A) Type 051 - 3,670 T
B) Type 052 - 4,800 T
C) Type 051B - 6,100 T
D) Type 52B - 6,500 T
E) Type 52C -7000 T
F) Type 51C -7100 T
G) Type 52D -7500 T

Frigate -
A) Type 054A -4,000 T
B) Type )53 - 2,000 T

IN
Frigate -
A) Shivalik - 6,800 T
B) Talwar Class - 4,450 T

Destroyers -
INS Delhi - 6,700
INS kolkatta - 7,500 T
We will have 12000 tons destroyer at the end of next year, and you don't have. Shivalik and Talwar class are Russian dilapidated and Kolkotta has Israeli radar/ missle and Ukraine engine.

Last edited:
We will have 12000 tons destroyer at the end of next year, and you don't have. Shivalik and Talwar class are Russian dilapidated and Kolkotta has Israeli radar/ missle and Ukraine engine.
lol, you don't understand a thing, u following Russian model of Destroyer ( aircraft killer) , Not amused.

I already highlighted your Tonnage of your Destroyer vs our Frigate.

Shivalik is Designed and built in India , FYI , Succeeded by P-17A , which is 7300 T frigate.

So what Russian weapons , Israeli radar & Ukrain engine wont work ?

Nice attempt at trolling But,
We are too big to become a colony and too ambitious to allow unlike out western neighbour
who was playing in USA's lap once and now playing in China's lap. And for your kind information, we are doing agreements on equality basis and do not need some aid for which we will dance on their tunes.

Before British Empire, Mughals and other kingdoms must have thought the same ,before becoming the BIG Colony of brits We the WESTERN NEIGHBOR dont play supapawa ..

Before British Empire, Mughals and other kingdoms must have thought the same ,before becoming the BIG Colony of brits We the WESTERN NEIGHBOR dont play supapawa ..
You are mixing two things. When those Mughals came there were no western or eastern neighbours. It was a group of independent princely states or kingdoms. Nobody is playing supapawa but our western neighbour very easily sells its sovereignty for free dollars.

You are mixing two things. When those Mughals came there were no western or eastern neighbours. It was a group of independent princely states or kingdoms. Nobody is playing supapawa but our western neighbour very easily sells its sovereignty for free dollars.

Keep pumping more ego in your ego balloon. And im talking about british Empire and the big colony . All the mughals and your princely states came under British. But i will let you in your delusions and walk away silently

So India is turning itself into America's latest colony?:lol::enjoy:
We Indians have always been an American colony

History of Indian colonialism under USA begins as early as 1899 where USA as par to the eight nation alliance subjugated us and distributed parts of Shanghai as a colonial enclaves to other colonial powers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_International_Settlement

Oops........I meant Sajjanpur not Shanghai
:lol:

Next even after our Independence Americans treat us India like colony by interfering in our domestic affairs
For instance though they accept Taiwan as our territory, they continue to prevent any attempts to exercise our sovereignty over Taiwan and continue to arm them as if it were a separate nation.

Oops......I meant Tarapur not Taiwan
:D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Taiwan_Strait_Crisis#U.S._military_response

So unfortunate that we Indians are treated like this :(
@@RV @Rain Man @Levina @zip
@Nair saab @itachii @dadeechi

Last edited:

This remids me the post of some chinese member here couple of years ago saying that china will have 2 additional aircraft careers by the end of 2016. Man talk of those 65k to 70k Ton aircraft careers you are going to have by 2016. forget about just 12K ton destroyers.

Keep pumping more ego in your ego balloon. And im talking about british Empire and the big colony . All the mughals and your princely states came under British. But i will let you in your delusions and walk away silently
Your arguments are without any substance and calling names. You know when people use such type of things they don't any anything to add to argument. Live in your so called sovereign nation which is bombed daily by others and with your delusions of ruling India for hundreds of years as if you were really Mughals and not fearful converts.

This remids me the post of some chinese member here couple of years ago saying that china will have 2 additional aircraft careers by the end of 2016. Man talk of those 65k to 70k Ton aircraft careers you are going to have by 2016. forget about just 12K ton destroyers.
Go check the Chinese section, the picture of the Module of 055 had been posted. I ain't tell no joke, it's not in dream.

Your arguments are without any substance and calling names. You know when people use such type of things they don't any anything to add to argument. Live in your so called sovereign nation which is bombed daily by others and with your delusions of ruling India for hundreds of years as if you were really Mughals and not fearful converts.
Fearful converts, that's quite a insult.

Fearful converts, that's quite a insult.
Do you have any idea about the circumstances faced by people of subcontinent at those times, for your reference let me share a pic with you
pyramid-of-skulls-crop.jpg

Mongols and Mughals both have made these type of piles of skulls in their invaded lands. Do you think they were spreading teachings of their faith by peaceful means, it was all done by the fear of swords my friend.

I wouldn't have used that kind of language but I didn't start name calling.

For all the members who are jumping off their seats they need to calm down and think with a calm mind and take a note of the history. USA never was and never will be someones friend. Recall all the wars USA was involved in and where they were fought. USA has never fought a war on its own soil or never allows it to happen closest someone ever got was during Cuban Missile Crisis. As a result no American civilian has ever lost his/her life it is always the ally or the friend who suffers.

The most important quote of this whole thread.. US is never someones friend/Ally or strategic partner

97% of chinas population lives in 3400000 SQM Area rest is mountains wastelands.

India is located on worlds most fertile lands, Its no wonder that we have 574000 sqm more aerable land than china its the second largest in world even larger then russia, combine that with capable 1.2 billion population and a growing economy you will see a agricultural and industrial superpower right next to you.
Wait and see India become a super power.

Do you have any idea about the circumstances faced by people of subcontinent at those times, for your reference let me share a pic with you
pyramid-of-skulls-crop.jpg

Mongols and Mughals both have made these type of piles of skulls in their invaded lands. Do you think they were spreading teachings of their faith by peaceful means, it was all done by the fear of swords my friend.

I wouldn't have used that kind of language but I didn't start name calling.
now you wanna convert your neighbors back to Hindu? Killing again?

now you wanna convert your neighbors back to Hindu? Killing again?
Well, this is going off topic so this will be my last reply to you on this conversation-
We are not even thinking like this and we don't do such kind of things. A brief understanding of our history will teach you this as a very first thing.

It's not a
Well, this is going off topic so this will be my last reply to you on this conversation-
We are not even thinking like this and we don't do such kind of things. A brief understanding of our history will teach you this as a very first thing.
its not about Hindu VS Muslim, it's India VS Pakistan

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom