What's new

China's Urumqi Bans Burqas

Yes, I am just curious that why they don't want to go to school.

They just don't,,probably brainwashed at an early age.
But its true in both india and pakistan.

Its changing but not at a speed at which it should.So chinese government is doing fine imho,,,even uighurs are gonna benefit in long term.

Communist can't make better policy? You are funny.

They can and its a good policy.
Point is why should they go soft and delay the things when they can do it faster??

Yes, I am just curious that why they don't want to go to school.
They also do not want to take Polio vaccine...their are lot more things to be curious about them;)...I advice you to take some time off from your routine and make friendship with them and try to understand their thinking and problems.
Note: In a good sense.

Let's not over-generalize. That was a Saudi grad student who doesn't represent for the Saudis who live, study and work in Japan. Anyways, that student didnt' harm anyone, he was arrested and deported.

Round up all the extremists from all over the world, and see if they represent the general population of their respective countries. You will find that they do not. The question here is not generalization of a population based on a one off incident. Rather, the question is how much harm can a particular person do, and whether his intentions are supported by others like him. Answers to both questions lie in that video.

I did not say that extremism has already spread in Japan, I clearly stated that it is seeping in. That video, and the fact that a Japanese student tried to join the ISIS, clearly show that yes, it is seeping in.

As far as harm is concerned, please also write how old those idols were and what did they mean to those who visited them regularly. Then we can better assess the harm, what do you say?

Thanks for the advice, they are very useful if put into practice like educational scholarship, or free compulsory education to children. China is an authorization state, provincial government need to satisfy the central government, but they lack a wider scope of handling this problem, they want to see good results immediately and this is not gonna happen.

The main issue with the minorities such as the Tibetans, Uighyurs is the relatively low educational rate , literacy rate when compared to the average rates in China. As you know, Edison, lack of education and lack of exposure to the national harmony greatly leads to high susceptibility to adopt extremist thought.

This is the reason why educational programs is important. Scholarship for Uighyur high school children to colleges will ensure they are exposed to the opportunities in conforming to Chinese society. Opportunities for them such as fields in Medicine, Nursing, Engineering, Psychology, Education, HRM, Research will provide the future generation and their children with a more positive outlook in life.

And i agree with you that the CPC should implement a more utilitarian view that gradual development focused on education and exposure will definitely reduce instance of extremism.

Anyways, China is a secular society, so they don't impose any religion on any of the minorities, including the Tibetans and Uighyurs. So , the better.

The main issue with the minorities such as the Tibetans, Uighyurs is the relatively low educational rate , literacy rate when compared to the average rates in China. As you know, Edison, lack of education and lack of exposure to the national harmony greatly leads to high susceptibility to adopt extremist thought.

This is the reason why educational programs is important. Scholarship for Uighyur high school children to colleges will ensure they are exposed to the opportunities in conforming to Chinese society. Opportunities for them such as fields in Medicine, Nursing, Engineering, Psychology, Education, HRM, Research will provide the future generation and their children with a more positive outlook in life.

And i agree with you that the CPC should implement a more utilitarian view that gradual development focused on education and exposure will definitely reduce instance of extremism.

Anyways, China is a secular society, so they don't impose any religion on any of the minorities, including the Tibetans and Uighyurs. So , the better.
That it is, improve education in Uighyur regions and free fee for over 90% children study science & engineering until to high school.

Add China do not welcome Wahhabi from outside ! CPC r dealing with foreign Religious influence in XinJiang.
18120228.jpg

7cd98d1001e93901ac1656c679ec54e736d19636.jpg

pics_lingotto_1386404105.jpg

Last edited:
That it is, improve education in Uighyur regions and let most children study science & engineering in high school.

That is the only way. Perhaps also screen the Imams who are preaching in the mosques, ensure that they are not preaching hatred and violence to the listeners. China should also ensure that Imams are moderate minded, and have a view of living in peace and communion with neighbors (who may not share their religious beliefs). And you will see that in time, extremism will reduce.

Second, secure the borders. Anyways, this is a good experience for China because it can apply its experience in dealing with Uighyurs with its activities in the Middle East (in the future).

;)

Opportunities for them such as fields in Medicine, Nursing, Engineering, Psychology, Education, HRM, Research will provide the future generation and their children with a more positive outlook in life.
Sorry to interrupt you but didn't they having this all in America and Europe specially Germany, France etc. but they still manage to join ISIS.
What's your take on this?

China's relationship with Pakistan and China's treatment with Muslims are two different concepts.China in not Pakistan's friend because Pakistan is a Muslim country and vice versa. Our strategic,geopolitical and cross border interest are same and none of us can imagine to bring about any negative change because we are surrounded by same competitors. Our opponents are same,our goals are same and we intend to make defensive shield and to help each other by support at every level.
We resist such false decisions taken by Chinese regime because we are afraid that such attempts will only increase problems rather than resolving them.
Regards

Sorry to interrupt you but didn't they having this all in America and Europe specially Germany, France etc. but they still manage to join ISIS.
What's your take on this?

To be honest I have not studied this in full detail. I would have to read more into it and the psychology of extremist thought before I can give an honest answer.

That is the only way. Perhaps also screen the Imams who are preaching in the mosques, ensure that they are not preaching hatred and violence to the listeners. China should also ensure that Imams are moderate minded, and have a view of living in peace and communion with neighbors (who may not share their religious beliefs). And you will see that in time, extremism will reduce.

Second, secure the borders. Anyways, this is a good experience for China because it can apply its experience in dealing with Uighyurs with its activities in the Middle East (in the future).

;)
Yes, that's i said:
1. Religion Influence
2. Border Security

Recent years, BeiJing loosen the control in XinJiang religions now BACK !

While I agree with the concept of banning the veil of oppression (burkha) the heavy-handed approach will lead to a greater backlash than what is gained.

I am personally against the burka, but would leave it to woman to decide about it's use, regarding the Chinese - they probably have national security reasons to stop it's use.

China's relationship with Pakistan and China's treatment with Muslims are two different concepts.China in not Pakistan's friend because Pakistan is a Muslim country and vice versa. Our strategic,geopolitical and cross border interest are same and none of us can imagine to bring about any negative change because we are surrounded by same competitors. Our opponents are same,our goals are same and we intend to make defensive shield and to help each other by support at every level.
We resist such false decisions taken by Chinese regime because we are afraid that such attempts will only increase problems rather than resolving them.
Regards
That's the TRUTH. :coffee:

Thanks for the advice, they are very useful if put into practice like educational scholarship, or free compulsory education to children. China is an authorization state, provincial government need to satisfy the central government, but they lack a wider scope of handling this problem, they want to see good results immediately and this is not gonna happen.

@Zarvan I agree to make them part of the society. The problem is they are still too isolated from the mainstream, my only impression about them is dancing or singing, but seldom to see them in real life doing normal things in other province except Xinjiang, although they've been granted more privileges than Han. I am welcome to see them to be an indispensable part of our society, but some of them refuse to receive any education, they just cut themselve from a good job or a good social status, the door is open, it's their choices. I believe most Chinese are not against Muslims to come in to the mainstream life.
Banning religious things will not make them part of society in fact make them more angry you need to stop banning religious things that will only create more divide than doing good.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom