China’s Sinovac Vaccine Proves Effective Against Mutated COVID-19 Strains

Morpheus

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Posted 27 mins ago by Haroon Hayder

Sinovac Vaccine | ProPakistani

China’s Sinovac Biotech’s COVID-19 vaccine has proven effective against the mutated strains of Coronavirus that emerged from the UK and South Africa, Brazilian researchers have claimed.

According to a statement issued by Butantan Biomedical Center in Sao Paulo, which is leading domestic trials of the vaccine, the Sinovac Biotech’s Coronavirus has been found effective against the British and South African variants of the virus.

While details on how effective the Sinovac vaccine proved against both strains remain undisclosed, Chief of Butantan Center, Dimas Covas, has hinted to publish the findings soon.
Butantan Biomedical Center has also been supplying the Sinovac vaccine to the country’s Health Ministry which allowed it to start a mass vaccination drive from the Serrana, a small city in the interior of Sao Paulo.
While speaking with the media, Butantan’s Chief said that Sinovac’s Coronavirus vaccine will have an advantage over other existing vaccines because it is based on inactivated vaccine technology.

Dimas revealed that Butantan Biomedical Center has so far supplied 100 million doses of the Sinovac vaccine to the country’s Health Ministry which is aiming to inoculate the entire adult population against Coronavirus in a bid to lower the infection rate.
Note that Brazil remains the most affected country from the Coronavirus pandemic after the US and India. So far, Brazil has reported over 9.97 million cases and 242,178 deaths due to COVID-19.

++++++++++++++++++

Posted 27 mins ago by Haroon Hayder

Sinovac Vaccine | ProPakistani

China’s Sinovac Biotech’s COVID-19 vaccine has proven effective against the mutated strains of Coronavirus that emerged from the UK and South Africa, Brazilian researchers have claimed.

According to a statement issued by Butantan Biomedical Center in Sao Paulo, which is leading domestic trials of the vaccine, the Sinovac Biotech’s Coronavirus has been found effective against the British and South African variants of the virus.

While details on how effective the Sinovac vaccine proved against both strains remain undisclosed, Chief of Butantan Center, Dimas Covas, has hinted to publish the findings soon.
Butantan Biomedical Center has also been supplying the Sinovac vaccine to the country’s Health Ministry which allowed it to start a mass vaccination drive from the Serrana, a small city in the interior of Sao Paulo.
While speaking with the media, Butantan’s Chief said that Sinovac’s Coronavirus vaccine will have an advantage over other existing vaccines because it is based on inactivated vaccine technology.

Dimas revealed that Butantan Biomedical Center has so far supplied 100 million doses of the Sinovac vaccine to the country’s Health Ministry which is aiming to inoculate the entire adult population against Coronavirus in a bid to lower the infection rate.
Note that Brazil remains the most affected country from the Coronavirus pandemic after the US and India. So far, Brazil has reported over 9.97 million cases and 242,178 deaths due to COVID-19.

++++++++++++++++++
Sorry.... there were no trials done in RSA to be able to state the claims about SA variants..

Take this news with a pinch of salt.

Sinovac vaccine works on UK, South African variants - Brazil institute
Leonardo Benassatto

Photo

FILE PHOTO: A worker performs a quality check in the packaging facility of Chinese vaccine maker Sinovac Biotech, developing an experimental coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine, during a government-organized media tour in Beijing, China, September 24, 2020.

REUTERS/THOMAS PETER/FILE PHOTO
SERRANA, Brazil (Reuters) - The COVID-19 vaccine developed by China’s Sinovac Biotech is effective against the UK and South African variants, the vaccine's Brazilian partner said on Wednesday, citing test results in Chinese trials.

"We have tested this vaccine in China against the English and the South African variants, with good results," said Dimas Covas, head of the Butantan biomedical center in Sao Paulo which lead domestic trials of the Chinese vaccine and is supplying doses to Brazil's Health Ministry.
Covas did not give any more details on exactly how effective the vaccine proved against these strains.

Butantan is also testing the vaccine, known as CoronaVac, against the Brazilian variant of the virus which appeared in the city of Manaus, he said.

"Soon we will have the results and we are very positive it will do the job," Covas said.

Covas was speaking at a news conference in the small city of Serrana, in the interior of Sao Paulo state, where Butantan began on Wednesday a mass vaccination campaign aimed at inoculating the entire adult population against COVID-19 to test whether it lowers the infection rate.

Covas said he expects CoronaVac to have an advantage over other vaccines due to the technology it uses - an inactivated version of a coronavirus strain.

The efficacy of the Chinese vaccine against the Brazilian strain in particular will be vital to Brazil. The government has secured 100 million doses and made the vaccine a centerpiece of its inoculation campaign.

Covas' comments come as several cities in Brazil, including state capitals of Rio, Salvador and Cuiaba have suspended new vaccinations as they ran out of doses.

Reuters.

So the sa variant is present only in South Africa and there aren’t any cases outside South Africa to test against?
how are you going to test? you need a population base on which to test; lab tests are just preliminary but you need proper phase trials with double/triple blind tests

Sorry.... there were no trials done in RSA to be able to state the claims about SA variants..

omg can you just relax

we are talking about sinovac here not 'ccp-vax' or whatever image that you have present here in your mind.
the vaccine was made with the same intentions and purpose as to how the western vaccines were made.

in fact i have more reason to believe in sinovac's sincerity compared to cash grabs ponzi schemes like pfizer or moderna

how are you going to test? you need a population base on which to test; lab tests are just preliminary but you need proper phase trials with double/triple blind tests
I think the article was referring to lab tests. your right in that population tests have yet to be done.

one thing is for sure though, this is a rapidly mutating virus, wouldn't be surprised if it mutates faster than the flu virus...we should get into the mindset of creating multiple vaccines per year.

I just wish that the butthurt west would just stop whining about China for a minute & just friggin' approach the covid problem as a human species for God's sakes! this global plague has also presented an opportunity to unite together as a species against another parasitic species, humans against covid.

Last edited:
I will never put anything in my body which is based off pork product and from China.. no way.

yet you would happily jab yourself with a product that has its roots in the blood of an aborted body.
Completely understandable... we know what the merchants used to do with the blood of gentiles in centuries past.

I wont relax. these bat suckers keep lying and now pushing more and more false narratives; then touting every bit to promote - "EAST IS GREAT" or mao is best.

If they are that great, let them give it to their 1bil people first.

I will never put anything in my body which is based off pork product and from China.. no way.
here we go... 🤦‍♂️

I wont relax. these bat suckers keep lying and now pushing more and more false narratives; then touting every bit to promote - "EAST IS GREAT" or mao is best.

Looked at yourself in the mirror, that's an ugly creature indeed.

I won't relax too. The evil western has been colonizing , invading other nation under the pretext of justice and righteous. Their lies are far more worst than other regions. So far, the bat virus brewing nation has failed to open it's research center for inspection vs China who has no wrong doing and open it's lab for WHO to inspect.

You are doing a failed PR against China here. Shoo and go other places to conduct your China hatre.

It would be pretty funny to find out other countries claiming effectiveness of any vaccine on a SA variant when it isn’t effective in SA itself.

Unless offcourse it turns out the virus variant has a home ground advantage against the visiting team.

I won't relax too. The evil western has been colonizing , invading other nation under the pretext of justice and righteous. Their lies are far more worst than other regions. So far, the bat virus brewing nation has failed to open it's research center for inspection vs China who has no wrong doing and open it's lab for WHO to inspect.

You are doing a failed PR against China here. Shoo and go other places to conduct your China hatre.
He is CIA' agent. You even do not know if he is an Indian behind the computer

It would be pretty funny to find out other countries claiming effectiveness of any vaccine on a SA variant when it isn’t effective in SA itself.

Unless offcourse it turns out the virus variant has a home ground advantage against the visiting team.
Let me teach you some science here. You can get antibody from the immunized person, then test the neutralizing efficiency of the mutated strain separated from the infected person, which can be easily distributed through liquid nitrogen.
You need to pay 50 thousand dollars a year to learn these science in USA but here I pity you and teach you for free.

Back
Top Bottom