What's new

Visitors from Pakistan have to be vaccinated for polio: India

what will happen to visa on arrival or visa free travel?

You're talking about the technicalities whilst I'm talking about the principle !

Those finer points of what to do in XYZ situation can be dealt with accordingly !

Perhaps the relevant tests can be pegged with the renewal of one's passport so that in a VISA Free or a VISA On Arrival situation the Host country knows that your country of residence or citizenship had you checked out when you applied for a Passport or its Renewal !

sara panga paisey ka hai.........uspe corruption toh hai hi.
jis cheez ko priority milni chahiye kabhi nahi milti.....
btw hepatitis is common in developed countries,hamare aur aapke yaha TB ka raj hai:agree:

That hep is mostly secondary to alcoholism, not contagious like ones we have.

You could get a MOH certificate from Pakistan, those cannot be forged. But if you do want to go down the route of mandatory vaccinations on arrival what you would have to ensure is the vaccine provided is inactivated’ risk-free vaccine and not the one that actually uses the polio-virus.

Since most polio is transferred though from person to person via contaminated toilet bowls (feces), dirty hands, saliva and respiratory secretions. So having people on an airplane would make it an excellent incubator for such a virus to thrive.

The virus can mutate into the now known Sabin Like (2) poliomyelitis. So I agree with the Indian decision to protect it's bio security.

Even in that case vaccination is useless, given passive immunity doesn't develop in a day. Virus makes its way to land viably.

That hep is mostly secondary to alcoholism, not contagious like ones we have.

Even in that case vaccination is useless, given passive immunity doesn't develop in a day. Virus makes its way to land viably.

Spot on sir...

You're talking about the technicalities whilst I'm talking about the principle !

Those finer points of what to do in XYZ situation can be dealt with accordingly !

Perhaps the relevant tests can be pegged with the renewal of one's passport so that in a VISA Free or a VISA On Arrival situation the Host country knows that your country of residence or citizenship had you checked out when you applied for a Passport or its Renewal !
Passport are usually valid for very long like 10 to 15 years... :p:
i have no idea what you are proposing.Each country needs to decide the risk. Countries like newzealand take plant infection very seriously.(because of their isolation, their biosphere is in much more danger from external entity)

I quite like the UK way, the biggest bang for bucks. They reckon TB is the second most killer (by single infectious agent) and UK population has high risk of catching it.
Next they isolated countries that has most prevalence of that disease.
They ask xrays and tb report only from traveller of that country.
All this without any hassle to most tourists who pour in billions of dollars here. Everybody is happy.

Last edited:
quota hota toh accha hota...yaar,PG mil jati:hitwall:

but i think emmie surely is..
aap abhi duty par ho?

@hinduguy
waise kyun poocha.....mai buddhu lagta hoo kya?
compared to surb and manticore, you seem to be a dehati... are you from a small town/ village? :chilli:

Back
Top Bottom