What's new

China's Race for Artificial Intelligence (AI) Technology

Falungong is funded by United State Congress through the Friends of FLG. They receive millions of dollars to "promote" democracy. They even have a variety show called Shenyun.

Shenyun用汉语怎么写?我还没听说过这个东西呢。

Don't know about other European Chinese here like @rugering and @Keel, but do you guys also receive a copy of the Epoch Times from time to time, even though you don't have subscription or anything?

Fortunately I never have. Epoch Times has a German version of their website but they haven't aggressively expanded in Germany yet (and they better shouldn't, for Germany has a considerable Chinese diaspora too).

Off-topic: Since you're Stannis the Mannis I've got a slightly adapted quotation for you which applies to PDF:

"The forum is dark and full of trolls... but the fire burns them all away"

:D

Epoch Times is complete garbage.

Each time I get one, it goes straight to the rubbish bin.

You receive them too, bro?! I knew it! The only way they can single us out like this, is if they have access to the central population register one way or another. No way, am I ''just'' receiving these papers now and then.

I don't know about you, but this is REAL propaganda on a whole new scale! Someone should expose these so-called ''Chinese'' for what they really are!

Last edited:
Fortunately I never have. Epoch Times has a German version of their website but they haven't aggressively expanded in Germany yet (and they better shouldn't, for Germany has a considerable Chinese diaspora too).

Off-topic: Since you're Stannis the Mannis I've got a slightly adapted quotation for you which applies to PDF:

"The forum is dark and full of trolls... but the fire burns them all away"

:D

Good! But be aware, I know for a fact that a lot of countries in Europe, which includes both Germany and the Netherlands, have a quite open population register which can be accessed by anyone. Well... not exactly, but there are some loopholes in the law they can make use of to gain access.

1. ''Gegevensverstrekking aan derden al wél toegestaan.
    De regels voor de gegevensverstrekking uit de GBA (én dus ook uit de persoons- en archiefkaarten) worden omschreven in de art. 97-100 van de Wgba. Art. 97 bepaalt dat aan derden geen rechtstreekse toegang wordt verleend tot de gemeentelijke basisadministratie. De art. 98-99 regelen de gegevensverstrekking aan zogenaamde ‘bijzondere derden’ (pensioen- en spaarfondsen; genootschappen op geestelijke grondslag, waaronder kerken; instellingen van onderwijs en maatschappelijke dienstverlening). Art. 100, lid 1, bepaalt dat de gegevensverstrekking in andere gevallen (aan zogenaamde ‘vrije derden’) bij gemeentelijke verordening moet worden geregeld. De gemeente is vrij hiervoor een eigen beleid te voeren. Dit beleid kan worden vastgelegd in een Reglement gemeentelijke bevolkingsadministratie.
    In een Reglement gemeentelijke bevolkingsadministratie kan bijvoorbeeld worden bepaald dat:
1. betreffende ‘individuele, met naam aangeduide’ personen, aan derden op hun verzoek de in art. 100, lid 2 van de Wgba genoemde gegevens mogen worden verstrekt. Het betreft: de naam, de geslachtsnaam van de (eerdere) echtgenoot of geregistreerde partner, het gebruik door de ingeschrevene van de geslachtsnaam van de (eerdere) echtgenoot of geregistreerde partner, het adres, de gemeente van inschrijving, de geboortedatum en de datum van overlijden;

2. ten behoeve van wetenschappelijk onderzoek of statistiek dezelfde gegevens mogen worden verstrekt aan degenen die het onderzoek verrichten (dus ook als niet naar ‘individuele, met naam aangeduide personen’ wordt gevraagd)''

So I just found out how they might have gained access to the population registers. There are 2 ways.

1. Either the Falun Gong requested access as a ''Speciale Derde Partij'', (translated: Special Third Party), and in this particular case either on the grounds as a church/spiritual movement. Or under the guise of social services.
  2. Or you can gain access under some bogus excuse of ''Scientific research'' and/or ''Statistics''. They could've simply hired some college/university student to gain access to the central registers for example, who could play the personal information through.
I don't know how attentive they are in Germany with your personal information. But in the Netherlands, every municipality are ordered by law to keep track of the following data of every person in the central registers (Which in turn can thus be accessed by anyone with the right reasons):

-Family name
-First names
-Legal status of the person within the family
-Birthdate
-Birthplace
-Marital status
-Religion (if there is one)
-Profession
-Adress
-Date of settlement in current municipality
-Previous places of settlement
-Date of leave out of previous municipality
-Migration (If the person has decided to settle abroad)
-Eventual date of death

So yeah, quite some information that might be laying out on the streets there... We should be aware bro.

Ha! I also got an inspired quote from our last encounter at Winterfell! :D

''We all know what my brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of the trolls alone, break them with his banhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay the trolls with his left hand and traitors with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free PDF… or die in the attempt.''

Good! But be aware, I know for a fact that a lot of countries in Europe, which includes both Germany and the Netherlands, have a quite open population register which can be accessed by anyone. Well... not exactly, but there are some loopholes in the law they can make use of to gain access.

1. ''Gegevensverstrekking aan derden al wél toegestaan.
    De regels voor de gegevensverstrekking uit de GBA (én dus ook uit de persoons- en archiefkaarten) worden omschreven in de art. 97-100 van de Wgba. Art. 97 bepaalt dat aan derden geen rechtstreekse toegang wordt verleend tot de gemeentelijke basisadministratie. De art. 98-99 regelen de gegevensverstrekking aan zogenaamde ‘bijzondere derden’ (pensioen- en spaarfondsen; genootschappen op geestelijke grondslag, waaronder kerken; instellingen van onderwijs en maatschappelijke dienstverlening). Art. 100, lid 1, bepaalt dat de gegevensverstrekking in andere gevallen (aan zogenaamde ‘vrije derden’) bij gemeentelijke verordening moet worden geregeld. De gemeente is vrij hiervoor een eigen beleid te voeren. Dit beleid kan worden vastgelegd in een Reglement gemeentelijke bevolkingsadministratie.
    In een Reglement gemeentelijke bevolkingsadministratie kan bijvoorbeeld worden bepaald dat:
1. betreffende ‘individuele, met naam aangeduide’ personen, aan derden op hun verzoek de in art. 100, lid 2 van de Wgba genoemde gegevens mogen worden verstrekt. Het betreft: de naam, de geslachtsnaam van de (eerdere) echtgenoot of geregistreerde partner, het gebruik door de ingeschrevene van de geslachtsnaam van de (eerdere) echtgenoot of geregistreerde partner, het adres, de gemeente van inschrijving, de geboortedatum en de datum van overlijden;

2. ten behoeve van wetenschappelijk onderzoek of statistiek dezelfde gegevens mogen worden verstrekt aan degenen die het onderzoek verrichten (dus ook als niet naar ‘individuele, met naam aangeduide personen’ wordt gevraagd)''

So I just found out how they might have gained access to the population registers. There are 2 ways.

1. Either the Falun Gong requested access as a ''Speciale Derde Partij'', (translated: Special Third Party), and in this particular case either on the grounds as a church/spiritual movement. Or under the guise of social services.
  2. Or you can gain access under some bogus excuse of ''Scientific research'' and/or ''Statistics''. They could've simply hired some college/university student to gain access to the central registers for example, who could play the personal information through.
I don't know how attentive they are in Germany with your personal information. But in the Netherlands, every municipality are ordered by law to keep track of the following data of every person in the central registers (Which in turn can thus be accessed by anyone with the right reasons):

-Family name
-First names
-Legal status of the person within the family
-Birthdate
-Birthplace
-Marital status
-Religion (if there is one)
-Profession
-Adress
-Date of settlement in current municipality
-Previous places of settlement
-Date of leave out of previous municipality
-Migration (If the person has decided to settle abroad)
-Eventual date of death

So yeah, quite some information that might be laying out on the streets there... We should be aware bro.

I'm not that familiar with Germany's Federal Data Protection Act and I'm too lazy to search for possible loopholes ( :P ), maybe @Götterdämmerung can explain it to you better.

''We all know what my brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of the trolls alone, break them with his banhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay the trolls with his left hand and traitors with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free PDF… or die in the attempt.''

More GoT-inspired quotes incoming:

"In my family we say: A naked troll has some secrets; a flayed troll, none."

"And even then it may not be enough, but at least we give the trolls a fight."

"Does it give you joy to scare trolls?"
"No, it gives me joy to kill trolls."

"He has sworn that he will not speak until all of WebMaster's enemies are dead, and the trolls have been driven from PDF."

"My enemies have made my forum bleed. I will not forget that. I will not forgive that. I will punish the trolls with any arms at my disposal."

Last edited:
Baidu expects AI to replace simple brainwork
By Chen Boyuan

Li Yanhong (Robin), takes questions at a joint press conference on Dec. 17, during the second World Internet Conference (WIC) held in Wuzhen, Zhejiang Province. [Photo by Chen Boyuan / China.org.cn]

China's leading search engine Baidu Inc. has expressed confidence in the future of artificial intelligence (AI) as the company showcased its latest breakthroughs in auto-piloting vehicles at the second World Internet Conference (WIC) held in Wuzhen, Zhejiang Province.

Baidu's founder and CEO Li Yanhong (Robin), speaking at a WIC press conference on Dec. 17, said development of AI technology, especially that of computers, has elevated computer performance while bringing down cost, hence making the "previously impossible" increasingly "possible", and auto-piloting vehicles were a case in point.

One day earlier, President Xi Jinping dropped by Baidu's pavilion at the Light of the Internet Exposition at the WIC and asked about the specifics of Baidu's auto-piloting technologies, such as the car's top speed, production cost, and when it could achieve mass production.

Li said AI's application would be far wider than piloting a car, since he believed that "all simple, repetitive brainwork could be replaced by AI in the future", in the same way that machinery started to replace manual labor since the first Industrial Revolution.

"Driving is just a simple, repetitive brainwork. I project that auto-piloted cars will be very common in 3-5 years."

Likewise, Baidu Translation, an automatic online translate service, is also where AI will assume a larger role. According to Li's description, Baidu's automatic online translation has started to learn on its own, rather than relying on human input to enlarge its brainpower by continually loading more information.

Looking further on, he said his company – the same as all other companies – should always be customer-minded in trying to make innovations, and innovation is a result of competition in the market economy. However, competition does not contradict building "a community of shared future," the WIC's theme.

"A market without competition will be strange and unhealthy. Competition comes hand in hand with cooperation. The size of Chinese Internet economy is a result of effective competition and cooperation," said Li.

b8aeed98990b17ddc44647.JPG

An BMW car installed with the Baidu autopilot system on display at the Light of the Internet Exposition at the 2nd World Internet Conference (WIC) on Dec. 17 in Wuzhen, Zhejiang Province. [Photo by Chen Boyuan / China.org.cn]

Anything is good but I wish that Baidu does not perfect foreign language to Chinese translation so I can still tell the fake Chinese from the real ones :)

China develops 'Darwin' chip for faster data processing in AI and IoT

By Guneet Bhatia @Guneet_B

December 24 2015 3:12 PM

browse.php

A microchip is pictured on a woman's finger during a presentation of the German Bundesdruckerei (German Federal Print Office) and the Fraunhofer-Institut for Reliability and Micro Integration (IZM) in Berlin July 11, 2007. The chip, which is less than 10 micrometres thick, will in future be used in paper-based security documents like passports. Reuters/Arnd Wiegmann

A team of Chinese researchers has created a type of biologically-inspired artificial neural network (ANN) called spiking neural network (SNN). The SNN comes in the form of a chip called “Darwin,” which mimics the principles of biological brain to perform faster data processing.

The researchers from Zhejiang University and Hangzhou Dianzi University in China believe that the Darwin neural processing unit (NPU) could lead to development in Internet of Things and other artificial intelligence systems. Darwin NPU processes information based on discrete-time spikes.

According to the researchers, the Darwin chip is an SNN-based neuromorphic hardware co-processor. It has been fabricated by standard CMOS technology. The research team says that SNN is more biologically-realistic than the traditional ANNs. In addition, it can potentially achieve much better performance-power ratio.

The Darwin NPU is hardwired to provide hardware acceleration of intelligent algorithms. Adding a boon for low-power and resource-constrained small embedded devices, the Darwin NPU has been fabricated by 180nm standard CMOS process. The latter supports up to 2048 neurons, in addition to 15 possible synaptic delays and more than 4 million synapses.

The best characteristic about Darwin NPU is that its SNN topology can be reconfigured. That is, it can be modified to include different configurations of synapses and neurons. It can be configured in multiple ways by its user to include different functionalities.

The successful development of Darwin chips shows that it is very much feasible to execute SNN in resource-constrained embedded systems. The Times of India reports that “since it uses spikes for information processing and transmission, similar to biological neural networks, it may be suitable for analysis and processing of biological spiking neural signals, and building brain-computer interface systems by interfacing with animal or human brains.”

http://laoyaoba.com/ss6/html/66/n-584966.html(In Chinese)

China develops 'Darwin' chip for faster data processing in AI and IoT

China develops 'Darwin' chip to process information faster

Last Updated: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 18:26

Beijing: Chinese researchers have developed “Darwin” - a new age information chip that will help run complex intelligent algorithms on small devices in the era of “Internet of Things”.

Artificial Neural Network (ANN) is a type of information processing system based on mimicking the principles of biological brains.

It has been broadly applied in application domains such as pattern recognition, automatic control, signal processing, decision support system and artificial intelligence.

Spiking Neural Network (SNN) is a type of biologically-inspired ANN that perform information processing based on discrete-time spikes.

It is more biologically realistic than classic ANNs, and can potentially achieve much better performance-power ratio.

Now, the researchers from Zhejiang University and Hangzhou Dianzi University in Hangzhou, China, have successfully developed the “Darwin” Neural Processing Unit (NPU), a neuromorphic hardware co-processor based on Spiking Neural Networks, fabricated by standard CMOS technology.

The research group led by Dr De Ma from Hangzhou Dianzi university and Dr Xiaolei Zhu from Zhejiang university developed a co-processor named as “Darwin”.

The Darwin NPU aims to provide hardware acceleration of intelligent algorithms, with target application domain of resource-constrained, low-power small embedded devices.

The successful development of “Darwin” demonstrates the feasibility of real-time execution of Spiking Neural Networks in resource-constrained embedded systems.

It supports flexible configuration of a multitude of parameters of the neural network, hence it can be used to implement different functionalities as configured by the user.

"Since it uses spikes for information processing and transmission,similar to biological neural networks, it may be suitable for analysis and processing of biological spiking neural signals, and building brain-computer interface systems by interfacing with animal or human brains,” the authors explained.

Its potential applications include intelligent hardware systems, robotics, brain-computer interfaces and others, said a paper that appeared in the journal Science China Press.

China develops 'Darwin' chip to process information faster | Zee News

Congratulations to China....well done! similar projects are work in progress in Vienna, Germany and US..and you guys cracked it too.. so far its built around 180nm and Memristors...but a leap forward.

Does anybody have insights on this ?

Way awesome!! The Chinese term for computers literally translates to "electric brain".

AI researchers develop 'Darwin,' a neuromorphic chip based on spiking neural networks
December 23, 2015

Chip and the demonstration board. Credit: ©Science China Press
Artificial neural networks (ANNs) are a type of information processing system based on mimicking the principles of biological brains, and have been broadly applied in application domains such as pattern recognition, automatic control, signal processing, decision support systems and artificial intelligence. Spiking neural networks (SNNs) are a type of biologically inspired ANN that perform information processing based on discrete time spikes. They are more biologically realistic than classic ANNs, and can potentially achieve a much better performance-power ratio. Recently, researchers from Zhejiang University and Hangzhou Dianzi University in Hangzhou, China successfully developed the Darwin Neural Processing Unit (NPU), a neuromorphic hardware co-processor based on spiking neural networks, fabricated by standard CMOS technology.

With the rapid development of the "Internet of Things" and intelligent hardware systems, intelligent devices are pervasive in today's society, providing many services and conveniences to people's lives. But they also raise challenges of running complex intelligent algorithms on small devices. Sponsored by the college of Computer science of Zhejiang University, the research group led by Dr. De Ma from Hangzhou Dianzi university and Dr. Xiaolei Zhu from Zhejiang university has developed a co-processor called Darwin. The Darwin NPU aims to provide hardware acceleration of intelligent algorithms for resource-constrained, low-power embedded devices. It has been fabricated through a standard 180nm CMOS process, supporting a maximum of 2048 neurons, more than 4 million synapses and 15 different possible synaptic delays. It is highly configurable, supporting reconfiguration of SNN topology and many parameters of neurons and synapses. Figure 1 shows photos of the die and the prototype development board, which supports input/output in the form of neural spike trains via USB port.

The successful development of Darwin demonstrates the feasibility of real-time execution of spiking neural networks in resource-constrained embedded systems. It supports flexible configuration of a multitude of parameters of the neural network; it can therefore be used to implement different functionalities as configured by the user. Its potential applications include intelligent hardware systems, robotics, brain-computer interfaces, and others. Since it uses spikes for information processing and transmission, similar to biological neural networks, it may be suitable for analysis and processing of biological spiking neural signals, and building brain-computer interface systems by interfacing with animal or human brains. As a prototype application in brain-computer interfaces, Figure 2 describes an example application of recognizing the user's motor imagery intention via real-time decoding of EEG signals, i.e., whether the user is thinking of left or right, and using that information to control the movement direction of a basketball in the virtual environment. Different from conventional EEG signal analysis algorithms, the input and output to Darwin are both neural spikes: The input consists of spike trains that encode EEG signals; after processing by the neural network, the output neuron with the highest firing rate is chosen as the classification result.

EEG signal recognition. Credit: ©Science China Press

AI researchers develop 'Darwin,' a neuromorphic chip based on spiking neural networks

China: Scaling The World’s Highest Innovation Peaks
13 hours ago
In a world of statistics, here’s a number that stands out: 71. That’s how many times the word “innovation” was mentioned in a communiqué issued after the Chinese Communist Party’s recent plenary meeting, which focused on China’s next five-year plan.

It’s clear why China is concentrating so many words — and so much energy and effort — on innovation. Indeed, as a recent McKinsey report points out, to keep its economic expansion on track, this nation of 1.3 billion people must generate two to three percentage points of annual GDP growth through innovation.

The return on this investment could be substantial. By 2025, these innovation opportunities could contribute as much as $1-$2.2 trillion a year to the overall Chinese economy.

After spending several weeks visiting legions of Chinese innovators — entrepreneurs, companies, educational institutions and government officials — I believe that these ambitious numbers will be reached.

And the reason is that China uses monumental scale and massive scaling to innovate, something that no region or country in the world — including the United States — can currently match or replicate.

With more than four times the population of the U.S., and more than one out of seven people on the planet, China has a tremendous advantage based on the sheer size of its rapidly urbanizing consumer market. This helps Chinese companies develop and deliver new products and services quickly and on a huge scale.

The world’s largest manufacturer, with 150 million factory workers, China also has a supplier network that is five times larger than Japan’s. This encourages and enables Chinese companies to trigger continuous cycles of widespread innovation.

China is leveraging the profound power of scale and scaling.

A good example is high-speed trains. Over the past seven years, a determined China — the private sector with help from the government — has built ever-improving next-generation technology in this vital global transportation sector. The result? A cutting-edge manufacturing product set that has accounted for nearly 90 percent of the worldwide growth in high-speed trains since 2008.

Aggressive and real breakthroughs like this contradict the long-held conventional wisdom that China is simply an innovation sponge that absorbs and re-purposes inventions and ideas from the U.S. and Europe.

The danger is that this traditional thinking is becoming increasingly outdated, obscuring the all-important fact that China is leveraging the profound power of scale and scaling to accelerate its bid for global innovation leadership.

To be sure, wherever you look in China today, there are gargantuan innovation processes and programs in progress and in place that require radically new approaches to technology product development, financing, manufacturing, marketing and logistics.

Without these groundbreaking systems, it’s impossible to grow 10x year after year, a goal that scores of Chinese companies set as the norm. And, unlike many technology enterprises in Silicon Valley, which are expanding their businesses virtually, a number of China’s fast movers are growing physically in the real world.

I’m not disparaging Silicon Valley’s innovation excellence in any way, but I am trying to putChina’s significant advances in perspective. When we innovate, we create an idea and go (using venture capitalist Peter Thiel’s definition) from zero to 1.

When scaling happens in China, the assumption is that this is not real innovation, but, instead, a scale-out of technologies, 1 to n, using that same definition. My contrary observation is that true innovation is, in fact, growing in China, and, to achieve scale on many new technologies, there’s absolutely an element of zero to 1.

That’s a big difference, and an entirely different way of viewing innovation — one that we need to acknowledge and learn from. Put another way, if we want to compete with China in the rest of the world, especially in potentially giant markets like India, Africa and China itself, which represent three of the most fertile commercial opportunities of the 21st century, we need to start innovating at scale.

Innovating on this vast and sweeping level won’t be easy — because we haven’t done it yet, and because China has a new cadre of hungry and experienced entrepreneurs who want to innovate and scale quickly on just about every continent. These world-tested entrepreneurs don’t need permission to experiment, and they aren’t afraid to adapt or fail.

Alibaba’s transactions last year totaled nearly $250 billion, more than those of Amazon and eBay combined.
Last year, for example, Baidu, the Beijing-based technology giant that was once seen as China’s Google but has since expanded into hardware and software research in areas like natural language processing and image recognition, hired a new Chief Scientist named Andrew Ng. Born in the U.K., Ng was a Stanford University professor who launched Google’s artificial intelligence program and co-founded Coursera, a high-profile online education company.

Frank Wang, the 34-year-old founder of Dajiang Innovation Technology (DJI), which accounts for 70 percent of the consumer drone market, is another strong-willed new-breed Chinese entrepreneur who is intent on taking the world by storm.

Launched out of a Hong Kong dorm room nine years ago, DJI and its global workforce is expected to generate $1 billion in sales this year. But, more importantly, the company has dominated the worldwide consumer market in aerial photography, and recently released an innovative flying platform for third-party software developers to add new functionality, like thermal scanning.

When you’re talking about Chinese entrepreneurs like Wang, who use innovation at scale to command a market, the conversation also must include Pony Ma, the co-founder and CEO of Tencent Holdings, which now presides over a mobile texting service that is actively used by 600 million people (or approximately half the population) in China.

WeChat, as it’s known, isn’t just about texting, however. Functioning more like an extended operating system, it deftly blends elements of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype and PayPal, a combination that may ultimately make it onerous for those vaunted off-shore companies to truly penetrate the large and lucrative Chinese market.

Amazon also could possibly fall victim to muscular Chinese innovation at scale. The Seattle-based company appears to have achieved victory in the e-commerce markets of North America and Europe. And its sales are growing in India. But China is a different, and more difficult, challenge, because that’s the home base of Alibaba, the world’s largest e-commerce company in the world’s fastest growing e-commerce market.

Founded by high-profile Chinese entrepreneur Jack Ma, Alibaba’s transactions last year totaled nearly $250 billion, more than those of Amazon and eBay combined. And on Singles’ Day — November 11 — which celebrates the unmarried, Alibaba generated more than $14 billion in sales, more than all Americans spent online and offline over the post-Thanksgiving weekend.

Uber may run into the same type of roadblock in China, as a result of innovation at scale. This time, though, a mega-merger between China’s two biggest taxi apps — Kuaidi Dache (backed by Alibaba) and Didi Dache (backed by Tencent) — has created a formidable obstacle inChina’s trillion-dollar car-sharing and taxi-hailing service market. The resulting entity, Didi Kuaidi, is currently doing 3 million rides a day in China, versus 1 million for Uber.

Looking beyond the numbers, Didi Kuaidi, led by president Jean Liu, a 12-year veteran of Goldman Sachs, is now rolling out a series of innovative new products and services designed to further distance China’s emerging transportation giant from vigorous foreign competition.

For its part, Chinese automaker BYD is innovating at global scale to thwart its rival, Tesla Motors, in the race to build the best — and most — batteries for electric vehicles around the world. Backed by Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway, BYD is more than tripling its capacity over the next four years.

China is creating sweeping new commerce models.

Most of the state-of-the-art production will be in China, but the company is also adding a major new factory in Brazil and will scale up manufacturing in the U.S., where Tesla is based. BYD, which has plants in Southern California that produce electric buses for public transportation, is also growing this cutting-edge investment.

In addition to developing new products and services and rolling them out at scale anywhere and everywhere in the world, China is creating sweeping new commerce models that have the potential to change the way global business is conducted. A good example is the Online-2-Offline model currently being championed by Alibaba’s Ma because it finds consumers online and brings them into real-world stores.

This is all part of an unspoken, and even free-form, emergent strategy being embraced by so many Chinese companies today. Dexterously pursuing a host of different solutions and adding many seemingly disparate pieces, these intensely innovative enterprises are pulling ahead of their foreign competition as they integrate all the complex parts and forcefully scale in an effort to reach some of the highest business peaks in the world.

The challenge for many large-growth companies in the U.S. over the next few years will be climbing the same commercial mountains as the Chinese. Regardless of whether a trans-Pacific strategy of collaboration or competition is adopted, one of the best ways to do this is by learning how to innovate rapidly and at global scale.

China: Scaling The World’s Highest Innovation Peaks | TechCrunch

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom