What's new

China's New Stealth Bomber: H-X / H-20

It is now a matter of months, not years......
Please elaborate. The news said the S-duct was just shipped to XAC. So they need to go through static tests before first flight. Then flight tests for at least a year before delivery to the military.

Please elaborate. The news said the S-duct was just shipped to XAC. So they need to go through static tests before first flight. Then flight tests for at least a year before delivery to the military.

The“news” you referred to didn't say when the S-shaped duct was delivered.

The“news” you referred to didn't say when the S-shaped duct was delivered.
It was described as some kind of "news" without a specific date, implying that it happened recently. Of course, I would prefer if it happened long ago. After all, the official photo with the sillouette covered in fabric suggests the project is much further along than pre-static testing.

It is now a matter of months, not years......

Don't be ridiculous; after the delivery of the S-ducts the other parts would have to be manufactured before prototype assembly could even start. Prototype assembly would take at least a year or two, and then a few additional months for tests, before a rollout and first flight can occur.

Even HAL takes longer when assembling and testing new aircraft. First flight would probably take place in the mid-2020s.

Mid 2020s sounds ridiculous for a maiden flight ... more likely this publication is older and the H-20 will fly year next year or in 2020. And why bring in HAL? Why :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:? You're only going to start a flame war ...

Construction of a prototype usually takes 1+ year(s) for an aircraft like the B-2, even with Indian-aided espionage. I brought up HAL to demonstrate that even professional & time-tested companies require years to develop and roll out combat aircraft from the subcomponent manufacturing stage.

Construction of a prototype usually takes 1+ year(s) for an aircraft like the B-2, even with Indian-aided espionage. I brought up HAL to demonstrate that even professional & time-tested companies require years to develop and roll out combat aircraft from the subcomponent manufacturing stage.
What I'm saying is that we do not know the exact timing of the article ... it could have been a long time ago and was only just now reported. And I believe you have just contradicted yourself ... you say that it takes one year to build a B-2 prototype and you're telling me that the H-XX's first flight will take place in the mid 2020s??? Oh come on! The H-XX is going to come out sooner than later ...
I brought up HAL to demonstrate that even professional & time-tested companies require years to develop and roll out combat aircraft from the subcomponent manufacturing stage.
Could you please stop needlessly interjecting HAL or an Indian weapon into such discussions. This makes it much harder for posters here to take you seriously ... which honestly is a pity since you do at times offer quite reliable/interesting information.

Don't be ridiculous; after the delivery of the S-ducts the other parts would have to be manufactured before prototype assembly could even start. Prototype assembly would take at least a year or two, and then a few additional months for tests, before a rollout and first flight can occur.

Even HAL takes longer when assembling and testing new aircraft. First flight would probably take place in the mid-2020s.
Why do you automatically just assume that none of the parts are manufactured??? Taking on the delivery of a S-duct does not mean that other parts have not been manufactured ... in all likelihood, the H-XX is ready for assembly.

Back
Top Bottom