What's new

China's New Stealth Bomber: H-X / H-20

Maybe he said about the new version of H-6. Don't you remember that shortly after he said about the new long range bomber, a new H-6 variant was disclosed to public? Like it or not, but the new Chinese H-6 can also be called as Long Range Bomber. That PLAAF commander didn't say about "Stealth Bomber". He said about "a new long range bomber".

The fact that they've done CAD models of the bomber's various components shows that they're serious about this project. It may not fly soon, but the chances are that it will sooner or later.

Maybe he said about the new version of H-6. Don't you remember that shortly after he said about the new long range bomber, a new H-6 variant was disclosed to public? Like it or not, but the new Chinese H-6 can also be called as Long Range Bomber. That PLAAF commander didn't say about "Stealth Bomber". He said about "a new long range bomber".
Nope. He clearly meant a new generation of bomber, as in stealth bomber. A new H-6 iteration definitely doesn't constitute that criteria. Given Chinese experience with stealth shaping/material on the J-20, I don't see why a stealth bomber is out of reach.
“We are now developing a new generation of long-range bomber, and you’ll see it in the future,” Ma said, according to the paper, without elaborating.
There's only so much you can squeeze out of an almost 70 year old design ...
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...g-new-type-of-long-range-bomber-idUSKCN11809E

America's b2 bombers are practically hangar gods.

Highly doubt china will build any.

missiles will do the trick
The funny thing is rumors point to the exact opposite. Chinese academic papers have pointed to a design pretty similar to the B-2/B-21 in terms of RCS. The reason why B-2's are "hangar gods" is because of poor project management, leading to huge cost overruns, and the fact that the B-2 was too advanced for its time. It is now 2018, not 1988 ... given the large success of the J-20 project, I don't think China will encounter too many issues.

Nope. He clearly meant a new generation of bomber, as in stealth bomber. A new H-6 iteration definitely doesn't constitute that criteria. Given Chinese experience with stealth shaping/material on the J-20, I don't see why a stealth bomber is out of reach.
“We are now developing a new generation of long-range bomber, and you’ll see it in the future,” Ma said, according to the paper, without elaborating.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...g-new-type-of-long-range-bomber-idUSKCN11809E

Well, only the PLAAF Commander know what he means with a new generation of long range bomber. We can only interpret. I think that the new long range bomber was the new H-6. But maybe I'm wrong. And you can wrong too. Just wait and see.

Well, only the PLAAF Commander know what he means with a new generation of long range bomber. We can only interpret. I think that the new long range bomber was the new H-6. But maybe I'm wrong. And you can wrong too. Just wait and see.
I am pretty certain that the new bomber is not going to be a H-6 variant. Ma clearly stated "a new generation of long-range bomber" ... how does a H-6 variant constitute a new generation??? We've been hearing rumors and leaks of a stealth bomber from XAC for a while now ... so this is the closest thing we have to official confirmation. And once again, how much can the PLAAF squeeze out of an aging 70 year old design? It would simply be illogical for the PLAAF not to make a stealth bomber given their experiences with the J-20 and Y-20 ... at this point, the H-6K probably represents the evolutionary peak of the H-6.

The funny thing is rumors point to the exact opposite. Chinese academic papers have pointed to a design pretty similar to the B-2/B-21 in terms of RCS. The reason why B-2's are "hangar gods" is because of poor project management, leading to huge cost overruns, and the fact that the B-2 was too advanced for its time. It is now 2018, not 1988 ... given the large success of the J-20 project, I don't think China will encounter too many issues.

B-2 dont have as much cost overuns as media try to put it the way.

The so-called $2.2 billion unit price for B-2 is including programm cost, the actual fly-away cost for B-2 is $750million or so, about 2.8 X of the cost of B-1B. Not bad a price to have a revoluationary generation of bombers in 1980s, and with today's tech, the price should go further down.

The only reason B-2 become a problem is at the end of cold war, the US suddenly find no opponents in the forseeable future(partially thanks to the general ignorance and China's intentional disinformation), and terminated many weapon promgrams, they have made many mistakes, like terminate F-22 in favor of F-35, stupid LCS and Zuma whatever ships instead of warships in the high sea, and cut orders of B-2 is the lesser of errors.

Last edited:
Can we stay on topic ?? ... neither is Singapore and its aviation industry nor any other country-rivalry relevant to this topic.

H-20 hangar

H-20H.jpg

One always needs to plan ahead. :D

Looks too small to be the Sharp Sword

Agreed ... and it was spotted at the wrong site. Sharp Sword is built by SAC/601 and Hongdu, this was taken at CAC/611.

The latest rumour is that the H-20 is about a year from coming to light.

True or false? :D

The latest rumour is that the H-20 is about a year from coming to light.

True or false? :D

True!

Given the new agressive US nuclear strategy... I bet that the PLA has moved gears upwards.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if H20 is in very advanced stages of development. Sub-systems have been available for sometime now.

Just have a look at the overall defence production and innovations-going-public (railgun being the latest).

SSNs/SSBNs are all coming online at a rapid pace. Rate of production of ACVs... and 055 are just but an indications of the level of technolgoical breakthroughs achieved by China.

As always China's strategy has been and still is of deterence.

Besides China is still a decade behind in overall defence modernisation. But this is now changing faster than before...all thanks to the troublemakers agressive policies and behaviour.

As you and other Chiense friends here know very well... China only announces weapon systems in public which are two generations behind to the actual technological capabilities of China.

So, yeah... it is True..and I am not surprised at all... I would be if it is not so.

Keep us posted, dear friend!

Back
Top Bottom