What's new

China's New Stealth Bomber: H-X / H-20

Isn’t this concept the H-18 ... which was disproved by numerous Big Shrimps? I would be very surprised if China had two simultaneous projects ... all I’ve heard was a stealth subsonic design

It has not disproved, there is a model on the airshow about that, and there is rumor says that this proposal from 601 lose to other proposal in 603, the main reason is, if the proposal is selected, it would not be shown in public, but actually the reason is flawed, since many PLA induced weapons has appear in various airshow before.

And PLA actually has two different next-gen bomber projects:

One is a supersonic medium range bomber which replace H-6, you can think it as a Tu-26 "backfire" kind of thing.

The other is a B-2 like subsonic strategic bomber which will be much heavier.

Look like this one

This is a stealth and supersonic bomber that is replacing H-6, the project is in parallel with a B-2-size like long range bomber

And you know this how?

The moderators on CJDBY deleted the thread very fast. Usually if they want to censor discussion they lock the thread (it disappears from the main page but the link can still be accessed). This thread was not locked but deleted.

I believe this is the genuine, bona fide thing. It is not a flying wing!

bcccdc91gy1fii8y7tehkj20hs2da47a.jpg

Now I know where this stupid fan art for the H-XX is from ! :-)

It's actually image "21" in an academic paper on "Flight Control Law Design and Flight Test for Small Flying Wing Aircraft" written by Ma Wen, Zhang Ning, Ma Rong, Chen Xiaolong, Zhang Yixuan (AVIC Xian Flight Automatic Control Research Institute, Xian 710065, China) published in December 2015.

PLAAF Unknown drone - 21.png
PLAAF Unknown drone - 21 paper.JPG

Who leaked the initial rumor? Is that person reliable?

Cannot remeber exact, but it is since long time ago, about the time SAC show that famous medium range bomber model in public.

Cannot remeber exact, but it is since long time ago, about the time SAC show that famous medium range bomber model in public.

Yes, we've seen the model. However, even that doesn't mean that the project is still under development.

Yes, we've seen the model. However, even that doesn't mean that the project is still under development.

Nor we have evidence show it is not

Actually we only have evidence that there is, at least once, a medium weight bomber project recently.

Stealth Bomber will be a nightmare for India, with a devastating load of weapon, it will be an air second artillery and force multiplier to support border troops within 20 min. timeline, a massive formation of 10 bombers will literally flatten any Indian mountain divisions and dig a huge un-obstructed path for PLA to mount the offensive. The mobility and range of these bombers can virtual attack any weak Indian defense all alone of Sino-India border.

The good thing of such baby is stealthy and that the airbase will be out of Indian air strike such as Chengdu therefore the survivability of this toy will be very high. We shall have an unfaire advantage over India regardless how many troops India will put on the border...with such valuable strategic advantage of using the bomber over India, it will be very stupid not to develop it.

Last edited:
Aerospace Knowledge magazine, May 2018 edition. "中国迈向20军团"
View attachment 464605

But as far as I know this is NOT the H-20 but an alleged project sometimes called H-18 and I must admit I'm a bit surprised to see it again after all the time. :eek:

I remember that there was once a time long, long ago, when we were quite sure that at least such a project was real ...

What do they say now??
Any info on what's its status now? I

But as far as I know this is NOT the H-20 but an alleged project sometimes called H-18 and I must admit I'm a bit surprised to see it again after all the time. :eek:

I remember that there was once a time long, long ago, when we were quite sure that at least such a project was real ...

What do they say now??
It might just be a placeholder illustration ... nothing substantive. I don’t think it shows the H-18 project is still ongoing ...

What do they say now??
Top secret

Back
Top Bottom