What's new

China's Mach 6 air-to-air missile (VLRAAM) at 200 miles successful | Popular Science

No bro that not possible J-16 is a unlicensed copy of Su-30MKK, Russian won't allow Chinese to sell it to third party:(
What do you mean unlicensed copies? care to explain? instead of trolling the kids here.
And if Russia couldn't stop China from copying its A/C, how can it stop China from selling it?

Air Power Australia states the Chinese J-11B is indigenous (except for the airframe)

PLA-AF and PLA-N Flanker Variants | Air Power Australia

"While the first indigenous variant, the J-11B, uses the basic Su-27SK Flanker B airframe, it was mostly unique systems, many different from the Russian systems in the Su-27SK."

GCBf0bu.jpg

No bro that not possible J-16 is a unlicensed copy of Su-30MKK, Russian won't allow Chinese to sell it to third party:(
It just looks similar, nothing inside is same. J16 will be a monster with this very long range anti aircraft missile. With this missile, China Air Force will be leading power in the future.

i clearly stated that KLJ-7A radar range is 180 or so Km bro, our best chance to get PL-15 and integrate with JF-17 Block-3 PL-15 has a range of 160 Km

You can have this missile with a shorter fuel dispenser unit, resulting in reduced range and it would work with your JFT. In the future, if you do buy heavies, with a bigger AESA radar, get the standard fuel unit and enjoy the 300 KM range :enjoy:

AWACS can detect enemy but can't guide AAM sir ask this question from @Oscar, @gambit sir so why fighter jets usnig radar to guide weapon if there is a AWACS can do same thing and why you can't put VLRAAM on your AWACS? Just give me these answers :p:
The operating freqs/bands are different, to start off.

Using the American AWACS as example...

http://www.northropgrumman.com/capabilities/awacsapy2/documents/awacs.pdf
...the AWACS S-band (E-F band) surveillance radar is able to survey, in 10-second intervals...
Radar guided missiles requires high rates of target resolutions which requires the higher X-band.

See link below...

http://www.aewa.org/Library/rf_bands.html

You can certainly design a missile that can accept wider range of freqs/bands, but that could mean a larger missile to accommodate more computing power. More sophisticated electronics with higher miniaturization would return the missile to its previous smaller size, but that would be on the country to reveal that technology.

I can go one more level down on why does a missile need a higher operating freq, but any lower and I would be treading on 'classified' information territory.

It is based on J11BS instead of many believed Su30MKK.
But sir its design is based on Su-27 family of jets
It just looks similar, nothing inside is same. J16 will be a monster with this very long range anti aircraft missile. With this missile, China Air Force will be leading power in the future.
What do you mean unlicensed copies? care to explain? instead of trolling the kids here.
And if Russia couldn't stop China from copying its A/C, how can it stop China from selling it?
without Russian permission sir, it is a Russian intellectual Russian property:hitwall:

You can have this missile with a shorter fuel dispenser unit, resulting in reduced range and it would work with your JFT. In the future, if you do buy heavies, with a bigger AESA radar, get the standard fuel unit and enjoy the 300 KM range :enjoy:
but we will have PL-15 in near future for JF-17 sir

So did Russia take any action against China for copying one of their best designs?
I don't know sir ask our Chinese friends @Beast, @ChineseTiger1986 can China sell J-11 series to Pakistan without Russian permission?

without Russian permission sir, it is a Russian intellectual Russian property:hitwall:
True,i am just saying the structure is based on J11BS instead of Su30Mkk.

China bought that carrier from Ukraine, thats where they where made before.

Back
Top Bottom