What's new

China's huge military advantages against US

Well, those people are just bored, and have nothing else better to do.

To be honest, I don't really care if they called me Chinese, nor Asian to a sense, but when I see them squirm over it, suddenly it have become a very big focus for me, because this is what I want them to, squirm...

And this particular character is quite funny, he once claim he was harassed by the FBI for talking highly pro-China in any internet forum. LOL.

About the topic, as I said, it would be possible for China to attack Taiwan, but the dilemma is just that. It would be more than suicidal if this actually happen, because the paradox is, Taiwan have to be resist enough for China to use force, and once that is done, it's quite tempting for the US to get involve indirectly to basically screw Chinese over (Which is actually an golden opportunities). And the US don't actually need to win said war, as long as it damages Chinese economy and set them back decade, the American would have already won as they do not have anything to lose to begin with.
good for you bud.

on topic. china cant put troops on the ground. china needs inspration from russia and nato(the US in particular.) create a huge protest demanding to be a part of china. china supports them but only by word of mouth not openly. the government [taiwan] starts to break up the protest. all hell breaks out. china puts unofficail boots on the ground against the government and then china steps in openly and take whats left and restore order. or do a vote to either join if nessasary and then , boom bobs your uncle and sally your aunt. you've got taiwan. japan south korea and the US and neighbouring allies can only sit back an do nothing but condemn it as its only an internal matter. also no country is wise enough to sanction china. but it has to be done quickly as india may be able to replace china in some markets. as an act of protest.

With all the Aegis Equipped destroyers deployed in IOR-Aisa-Pacific none of the missiles launched by PLA will find its target. US and its Allies can See any bird that gets airborne anywhere in the planet. The Tech gap is huge, ten years of massive funding cannot defeat Assets and Alliances and weapons developed over 5 decades of unparalleled Military innovation and development. and just add the fact the the US has been fighting one war or another in some form, PLA no matter how well trained, haven't fought any 'Major" wars in the last 45 years and lack combat experience.

And looking at the Chinese hardware, Ill say Its a No contest between USA and them.

US certain has a tech lead. But despite the tech lead, US wouldn't be able to invade and conquered Chinese mainland. Just like US will surely lose if we try to fight in the Russian Stepps.

The issue now is in the Taiwan Straite. Will the US definitely win the war? I am not definite. Though US should still win at this moment. But the time is in the Chinese side that in a couple if decades, China would have a better odds of fending off American troops in a regional Taiwan conflict.

Since US and China are the two pillars of the world economy, the loser of such a conflict is beyond US China or Taiwan. It's humanity itself.

The US has recognized China's military advantages and is drawing up plans to disperse US jet fighters "to air bases scattered across remote Pacific islands to reduce the vulnerability of large bases within China’s missile range."

The U.S. Navy Wants to Show China Who’s Boss | Foreign Policy

rnImWg9.jpg

good for you bud.

on topic. china cant put troops on the ground. china needs inspration from russia and nato(the US in particular.) create a huge protest demanding to be a part of china. china supports them but only by word of mouth not openly. the government [taiwan] starts to break up the protest. all hell breaks out. china puts unofficail boots on the ground against the government and then china steps in openly and take whats left and restore order. or do a vote to either join if nessasary and then , boom bobs your uncle and sally your aunt. you've got taiwan. japan south korea and the US and neighbouring allies can only sit back an do nothing but condemn it as its only an internal matter. also no country is wise enough to sanction china. but it has to be done quickly as india may be able to replace china in some markets. as an act of protest.
As this scenario will run smoothly, damn me if other party just sit down

As this scenario will run smoothly, damn me if other party just sit down
if it can work in the urkraine and some middle eastern countries then it will work there, but timing and the execuution is essentail

if it can work in the urkraine and some middle eastern countries then it will work there, but timing and the execuution is essentail

The key is the Central Asian countries. They key is Afghanistan, Iran.

The key is the Central Asian countries. They key is Afghanistan, Iran.
afganistan is the most important as is essentailly the gate way to central asia. and thats one of the reasons why china is pushing pakistan for good relations with afganistan. and why india is opening a port in iran. mind you they can go through china through to central asia but its longer.

MAP.jpg

good for you bud.

Sorry, kind of hot these couple of days, so I am a bit lazy on the replying front...

It's going to be nearly impossible for China to pull something like that. To support an "Protest" turn insurgency one need to satisfy 3 criteria. Money, Manpower and Weapon.

1.) Money, the easiest of the 3, while it is quite easy to funnel money from China to Taiwan to support these type of insurgency, Taiwan have a good account/audit system (Unlike Saudi Arabia and Russia/Ukraine) to basically track those money and confiscated it

2.) Manpower, China will need people on ground that not only pro-China but also anti-Taiwan. Even if one is Pro-China, that does not mean they would go against Taiwan Own Foreign Policy. The problem is, being in Taiwan, there are bound to have more people pro-Taiwan than pro-China. The only way you can do is to funnel enough PLA personnel into Taiwan, but how do you suggest such an infiltration can proceed with Taiwan have its own adequate intelligence agency?

3.) Weapons, even if you have man and money, you will still need weapon to do something like that. Weapon most likely have to be bought in by other means, meanings it would be smuggle across the Taiwan Strait. Taiwan with a capable custom and excise force, weapon smuggle is not as easy as Ukraine or Middle East.

For China to be able to do something like that, the resource to put in would be huge, they may as well start a Pro-party and try to take Taiwan from Within, that way is a lot easier.

Sorry, kind of hot these couple of days, so I am a bit lazy on the replying front....
for a moment i thought you forgot about me.:cray:. just messin with ya.
i like talking to somone who's not a troll or keyboard warrior.

It's going to be nearly impossible for China to pull something like that. To support an "Protest" turn insurgency one need to satisfy 3 criteria. Money, Manpower and Weapon
//
//
1.) Money, the easiest of the 3, while it is quite easy to funnel money from China to Taiwan to support these type of insurgency, Taiwan have a good account/audit system (Unlike Saudi Arabia and Russia/Ukraine) to basically track those money and confiscated it.
im not to aware on taiwans financail monitoring systems, maybe you know, you said you had a economics professor. money is re-routed via several countries(through either russia or saudi arabia is a good idea.) before arriving at it's destination.
but saudi arabia and russia are not monitoring transactions, there the ones sending it to nutters.

2.) Manpower, China will need people on ground that not only pro-China but also anti-Taiwan. Even if one is Pro-China, that does not mean they would go against Taiwan Own Foreign Policy. The problem is, being in Taiwan, there are bound to have more people pro-Taiwan than pro-China. The only way you can do is to funnel enough PLA personnel into Taiwan, but how do you suggest such an infiltration can proceed with Taiwan have its own adequate intelligence agency?.
they dont have to be chinese to start a riot. think of it like this most people think isis is mainly arabs, but theres a huge number of them who are from central asia. who claim to be religious, but they cant even read arabic never mind the quran.

3.) Weapons, even if you have man and money, you will still need weapon to do something like that. Weapon most likely have to be bought in by other means, meanings it would be smuggle across the Taiwan Strait. Taiwan with a capable custom and excise force, weapon smuggle is not as easy as Ukraine or Middle East..
weapons is much more difficult to get through as they are physical objects as opposed to money which is'nt, but physical objects can't be traced once they cross the border and exchanged hands a few times., whilst money can be traced.

For China to be able to do something like that, the resource to put in would be huge, they may as well start a Pro-party and try to take Taiwan from Within, that way is a lot easier.
good idea, but then they need the 3 criteria's money to fund the groups and its activities. manpower for them to pose a threat to the govenment (politically) and weapons is exempt there no need for that. unless things get ugly.

Chinese are no doubt one of the worlds power.
But they are still decades away from a US or a Russia like military dominance.

Chinese are no doubt one of the worlds power.
But they are still decades away from a US or a Russia like military dominance.

Few decades will pass by very easily, it does not take a hundred years for Chinese military to fully modernize. After few decades i am certain people will continue to say China is decades behind US and Russia.

Few decades will pass by very easily, it does not take a hundred years for Chinese military to fully modernize. After few decades i am certain people will continue to say China is decades behind US and Russia.

It depends, will China take decades to catch up with current USA military power or will it catch up in sense that in couple/few decades reaches same potential as USA in being up to date and in strenght...

Also we should't ignore allies of USA, ignoring them would be oversimplification.

It depends, will China take decades to catch up with current USA military power or will it catch up in sense that in couple/few decades reaches same potential as USA in being up to date and in strenght...

Also we should't ignore allies of USA, ignoring them would be oversimplification.

:lol: lets find out after few decades then

Good point.
But there is a fixed mindset in the world that Russia and US are the dominance military powers of the world.
Until something happens no one will realize the other raising powers.
You see, what i mean?

Good point.
But there is a fixed mindset in the world that Russia and US are the dominance military powers of the world.
Until something happens no one will realize the other raising powers.
You see, what i mean?

I know what you mean, that's why i can't be bothered what the West or any anti China critics say or write about Chinese military power. The 3 most powerful countries have already been decided and we all know who those are. Certainly the Americans won't be sitting on their butts and doing nothing but we all can agree that the gap between us is closing at a rapid rate, i think that says a lot about China so whether it takes 3-4 decades to modernize the PLA, PLAAF and 4-6 decades to have a very capable modernized Naval force is in my opinion not that important. You have to remember that our military budget is only approx 2% of the GDP compared to what the Americans spend on their defence. The US budget has to cut because it's not sustainable in the long run. In the 80s Westerners used to say how Chinese Navy is way behind the Japanese counterpart and well 3 decades later look at where we stand when you check the infograph. After 4-6 decades our Navy would have way more modern destroyers than the Japanese. For a > 5000 years old civilization state, those decades are peanuts. ;)

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom