What's new

China's huge military advantages against US

But we can counter argue there's no use for China to send any of their shipping/air freight out since once they are outside their mainland air cover they are complete sitting ducks. This whole post is a big "i do this" and then "we do that" nonsense.

Time to close thread. Why do you guys see a point in discussing? This is just a huge flame bait on both ends.

But we can counter argue there's no use for China to send any of their shipping/air freight out since once they are outside their mainland air cover they are complete sitting ducks. This whole post is a big "i do this" and then "we do that" nonsense. So I guess they are just going to close their borders for 100 years.

lol, you are using logic to argue something that cannot be interpret logically. Especially with that particular member, he will have some sort of "thoughts" then no doubt the PLA can achieve that "Thoughts" of his regardless of how ridiculous it was. That guy thoughts China can simply EMP bomb the US without getting any retaliation and thus winning a war.

Those guys mostly have a simple mind and don't exactly know how war works, and it would be waste of time to argue with them using hard facts and example.

Yes, you are right, the whole post is simple PLA can do this, and We can't do jack shit about it. Just like the very nature of their post, read it, laugh about it a bit is what I will prescribe on this kind of topic.

lol, you are using logic to argue something that cannot be interpret logically. Especially with that particular member, he will have some sort of "thoughts" then no doubt the PLA can achieve that "Thoughts" of his regardless of how ridiculous it was. That guy thoughts China can simply EMP bomb the US without getting any retaliation and thus winning a war.

Those guys mostly have a simple mind and don't exactly know how war works, and it would be waste of time to argue with them using hard facts and example.

Yes, you are right, the whole post is simple PLA can do this, and We can't do jack shit about it. Just like the very nature of their post, read it, laugh about it a bit is what I will prescribe on this kind of topic.

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 10.48.25 PM.jpg

Look at the range of an unrefueled B52. It can wipe out a ship anywhere on the planet.

Well, as per my previous analysis, US lost will quite depend on how quickly and far Chinese take over the situation before US main force were involved. But I would have to say Most of the US Far East asset will be depleted (Either used up or destroyed) but then US will comes out ahead of China in case of war as it is fighting over in China which will damage Chinese mainland quite a lot but US mainland would generally be untouched.

So, what happened is that US will sacrifice existing Far East Infrastructure to draw down China, which US can rebuild them easy (As most of US mainland is untouched and most of it does not belong to the US anyway in the begining) but China would have a hard time to rebuild.

well i am still in doubt that US far east fleet will be able to tackle the Chinese Armed forces , and when the US mainland forces come to join they wont stand any Chance .. I think Chinese will have the Advantage of their own Sea's and the man made islands they are creating in the South China sea , US fleet can not diverse its force to chase down Chinese Ships carrying the Anti-Ship Missiles ..
by attacking the mainland China if you mean just Missiles and Ariel Strikes than i guess it can be done,but Attacking China from Ground would be a disaster for even US ground forces .. China got the numbers and actually way to many :D
not to mentioned that Chinese Subs will be a headache for any US naval fleet ..

The problem is, If and When China decided to retake Taiwan by force, this will be in no way a "Small Dispute" the way it is heading, this scenario have a minimal chance of occurrence, unless something dramatic happened during the near future.

China always think Taiwan is a Runaway province, their thinking is that Taiwan is an eyesore not because of economic might (It was before) but about the illegitimacy of Taiwan as an independent nation. That is why China is obsessed with Taiwan.

I will say it will depend on how china decide to take on Taiwan ... under what circumstances .. China can paralyze the Entire Taiwan Forces by Ariel Strikes and Using Cruise missiles . and wait to see the US and its allies response .. If Taiwan falls even before US could even interfere , i think China can and will be in a better position to hold up Taiwan ..
rest i agree with you that any Dispute wont remain small when 2 Nuclear powers are about to confront each other :)

It would be a good trade off for US to use existing far east infrastructure to set China down for 20 to 30 years back. You need to know this, the existing structure in Far East is already paid for and if China actually try to retake Taiwan, that is the ultimate sign of Chinese Aggression, which the US can use it to sell China like the Former Soviet Union. The US will portrait as "today Taiwan, tomorrow, who?" type of situation

And this could be a motivated sign to have a war of Uniting Asia to go up against China and after that happen, basically all of Asia would be ruined, and it will increase the US Allies in Asia to depend on US even more.

As for can US defend Taiwan? It don't need to. Taiwan is close to China, but the problem is, Taiwan is a small Island means China cannot possibly use all her Military might to take Taiwan. And Taiwan can simply go underground and raise an insurgency warfare, and fight China until US come to aide with a NATO combine force. They have done it in South Korea, it would have been the same result for Taiwan.

Either you are over estimating the US Far east Capabilities or under Estimating the Chinese Naval Fleets .. or maybe i don't know much about both of them LOL ..
I agree that Asian countries will buy that theory of after Taiwan " who's Next " , so US will have all the reason to take a military action and uniting the other Asian countries into your Operations , and for that , i believe India and Vietnam will be first to join any Alliance against China .. for Japan and S.Korea i doubt that they will let their lands to be used against China ..

I Think once china launch its attack with the mood of taking or Crippling the Taiwan Defense , they can do it in no time .. but there will be a build up of situations , some series of Incidents that will occur before the invasion , that will alarm the US for what's coming next ..
do you think Taiwan is able to cause a Insurgency and use Guerrilla tactics against PLA ? minor resistance i can expect but not on a large scale as US faced in Afghanistan and Iraq

Chinese military will easily defeat the US in Asia. China defeated the US in the Korean War when China was at its weakest and now will easily defeat the US.

US military is unable to beat Russia or China. Never have and never ever will. US military is spineless.

US military is weak, it's never beaten a strong military and got embarrassed against China in Korean War.

In China's backyard, US military will get destroyed and torn to shreds. All the US can beat is defenceless countries and even that they can't finish the war. US military is not very impressive at all. I was shocked how badly the US lost North Korea once the Chinese volunteer army entered the war in Korea. US military embarrassed themselves.

US military is only good at raping and killing defenceless women and children and now these yahoos think they can challenge China, in China's backyard? :lol:

Dream on :coffee:

The world is assymetrical. China and the world now has to focus on the threat of extremism. The onus now is on anti-terrorism warfare. Something that the world had miscalculated, underestimated for a long time.

The world is assymetrical. China and the world now has to focus on the threat of extremism. The onus now is on anti-terrorism warfare. Something that the world had miscalculated, underestimated for a long time.

not really...

since the beginning there is always case of asymmetrical warfare. Second Boer War, the resistance of Moros in Philippine against American occupation in Mindanao in the beginning of 20th century, even the Roman had faced some form of asymmetrical warfare when Bar Kokhba Rebellion is erupted. There is nothing new about them

not really...

since the beginning there is always case of asymmetrical warfare. Second Boer War, the resistance of Moros in Philippine against American occupation in Mindanao in the beginning of 20th century, even the Roman had faced some form of asymmetrical warfare when Bar Kokhba Rebellion is erupted. There is nothing new about them

Instances of uprisings , ethnic-related rebellions are common place in military history, yes. However, the level and breadth of expanse is not similar to that of the current radical islamic terrorism, which affects multiple extrehemispherical fronts:

1. Boko Haram in West Africa
  2. Al Qaeda in SouthWestern Asia
  3. Taliban in Southwestern Asia
  4. ISIS/ISIL in the Levant of Middle East
  5. Islamiyah Jeremiyah in the Malay Archipelago
  6. Terror cells related to ISIS operating in Europe (Paris, Belgian), the United States.
  7. Chechen civil war in Russia; Chechen radicals being a constant supply of foreign jihadists in the Middle East.
  8. Wahabi extremists operating in Xinjiang, China

Instances of uprisings , ethnic-related rebellions are common place in military history, yes. However, the level and breadth of expanse is not similar to that of the current radical islamic terrorism, which affects multiple extrehemispherical fronts:

1. Boko Haram in West Africa
  2. Al Qaeda in SouthWestern Asia
  3. Taliban in Southwestern Asia
  4. ISIS/ISIL in the Levant of Middle East
  5. Islamiyah Jeremiyah in the Malay Archipelago
  6. Terror cells related to ISIS operating in Europe (Paris, Belgian), the United States.
  7. Chechen civil war in Russia; Chechen radicals being a constant supply of foreign jihadists in the Middle East.

not really, if you carefully studied about them. There is always similar pattern about them. If today is someone labelled is all about Islam, just thirty years ago, people keep constantly talking about Communist insurgencies in the so called freedom world.

For instances,
1. The rebellion of NAP in Philippine starting during 60's era
2. The rebellion of commies in Argentine, Brazil, Chile happened in the same era
3. The rebellion of Malaysian communist party in Malayan peninsular
4. The rebellion of Greek communist party in 50's until 60 era
5. Vietnam War erupted with the infiltration of commies element in the South Vietnam
6. Communist terror happened constantly in and around US and Europe
7. And so on, not to mention in your own home country in Japan there is instance of Communist attack on community right?

not really, if you carefully studied about them. There is always similar pattern about them. If today is someone labelled is all about Islam, just thirty years ago, people keep constantly talking about Communist insurgencies in the so called freedom world.

For instances,
1. The rebellion of NAP in Philippine starting during 60's era
2. The rebellion of commies in Argentine, Brazil, Chile happened in the same era
3. The rebellion of Malaysian communist party in Malayan peninsular
4. The rebellion of Greek communist party in 50's until 60 era
5. Vietnam War erupted with the infiltration of commies element in the South Vietnam
6. Communist terror happened constantly in and around US and Europe
7. And so on, not to mention in your own home country in Japan there is instance of Communist attack on community right?

Very good point, Madoka. I suppose I wanted to clarify that in recent years there has been a political-based catalyst that led to counter-converging world views to style of governance: The Cold War's Soviet Communism vs West's Democratic Capitalism. And even before that, the Fascism vs Communism vs Capitalism Paradigm.

I suppose in recent years the current geopolitical restraints and challenges have been continuing the old feud between the former Soviet states or Russia-aligned states with the West, recently China (Communist aligned) state with the West.

So much emphasis was placed on this political-based divergence in regards to world order that the leading world powers had ignored the rise of religious-based political ideologies. I think the rise of religious political ideologies that are espoused by both ISIS/ISIL shows to the world how very potent radical religious ideology really is. And it was largely ignored or considered a 'minor' social ill that can be answered through research.

I think with recent developments around the world, it shows that religious political ideology is actually as potent as purely political ideologies.

And so on, not to mention in your own home country in Japan there is instance of Communist attack on community right?

To be honest the Communists in Japan, even the hardcore leftist pro-Maostyle revolution Communists in Japan are more so political nuisance than they are a threat. Their vocalism is the reason why they can be heard during election season. But they are not so called a social threat. I find the religious fanaticals to be a problem. For example the オウム真理教 (Aum Shinrikyo Cult) , which is a religious-based fanatical group that mixes violent Hinduistic , Buddhist and even elements of Imperial Shintoism. These radical religious fanatics were the ones that unleashed the deadly gas attack in Tokyo years ago. The intent was to harm , and their religious ideology is hard to cure as it affects their decision, even die for it.

The Communists in Japan? They are benign compared to religious fanatics.

Remember, Madoka, it is the spiritualistic and religious-based ideology that can convince people to do unthinkable things. For example, the sacrifice of Kamikaze. The ones who dove their planes to their deaths did so and thousands volunteer into the Sakura programs in the belief that the God (The Emperor) would promise their souls eternity in Heaven (and in Yasukuni). I think there is a deadly, lethal, and dangerous aspect of mixing political with religious ideologies.

KC-135s don't need to be destroyed in the air.

Here's a picture of a KC-135 refueling on the ground. The green tanker truck to the right of the picture is called a R-11 Refueler. Virtually all aircraft are ultimately refueled on the ground via this tanker truck.

http://www.127wg.ang.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/2015/07/150709-Z-FN720-051.jpg
150709-Z-FN720-051.jpg

Just destroy the airbase, the large fuel storage tanks on the ground, the runways, and the KC-135 can't even take off. A few well placed missile strikes is all it would take. It's that simple.
ahem... I don´t believe destroying enemy supply stocks is a chinese invention. besides, what makes you think American and Japanese Armed Forces would do nothing if you attack them, let say shooting down your jets, your missiles or attacking your fuel depots in return?

someone needs to slap your face. wake up from your delusion dude.

Last edited:
But we can counter argue there's no use for China to send any of their shipping/air freight out since once they are outside their mainland air cover they are complete sitting ducks. This whole post is a big "i do this" and then "we do that" nonsense. So I guess they are just going to close their borders for 100 years.

With all the Aegis Equipped destroyers deployed in IOR-Aisa-Pacific none of the missiles launched by PLA will find its target. US and its Allies can See any bird that gets airborne anywhere in the planet. The Tech gap is huge, ten years of massive funding cannot defeat Assets and Alliances and weapons developed over 5 decades of unparalleled Military innovation and development. and just add the fact the the US has been fighting one war or another in some form, PLA no matter how well trained, haven't fought any 'Major" wars in the last 45 years and lack combat experience.

And looking at the Chinese hardware, Ill say Its a No contest between USA and them.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom