What's new

China's fourth-generation fighter aircraft JF-14 will soon test flight

The first flight of J-10 was in 1998. PLA only disclosed it at 2006 (8 yrs later).

Some rumors from Washington Post said that:
J-14 is a smoke screen - there is no such a thing as J-14.

Other rumors are more reasonable: 1st flight of Chinese next gen fighter
was at 2005, slightly before PLA disclosed J-10. Therefore, PLA will disclose
the next gen at about 2013 ( 8 years later).

Me thinks that it is very strange that China is selling J-10 (the "best" China
has, together with known J-11b, and possible J-10b) without the next
gen already safely in the pocket. In other words, it is almost impossible
to publicly showcase J-10 in int'l airshows without having the next gen already
in the air, given no major countries, including China, are willing to sell their
best hardware in stock. If what the commander told the media was true,
then no more "classified info" would be needed on the matter.

Conclusion: I am almost convinced that the first flight of the next gen
has already been conduted successfully years ago, particularly before
China made the decision to sell J-1o, which is much more in line with
the standard operating procedure of PLA.

Last edited:
i don't think we have powerful engine years ago.....but i agree the first J-XX will enter service before 2015,twin-engine requires lower stability

It doesn't matter that you didn't have powerful engines years ago as China still doesn't have them now, because all you needed was 1 or 2 spare Russian engines for the first flight and the following trials.

However, engine is indeed the bottleneck. Personally I don't think either WS-10 or WS-13 or whatever China has now is anywhere close to good or mature. They might be ok now for J-10 etc. but not for the next gen.

Therefore, I do think that detailed schedule of when China gonna disclose the next gen publicly together with the timing of servicing the PLAAF is heavily depending on the progress of the engine.

russian themselves recently admitted that there were some problems with AF-41.....WS-XX...咱现在是赶着鸭子上架,不靠谱啊。。。。

Yeah, AF-41, not WS series.

I don't trust Russians on the engines. I don't trust that they said they're having problems with Af-41 - maybe true or may not be true. By providing engines, are Russian truly willing to support Chinese next gen fighters, which are in direct competition with them ? Citing AF-41 problems can well be another excuse for various reasons.

PLA knows that. That's why China MUST develop her own engines either way. Hopefully with mountains of R&D money and 3-5 years time, some real breakthroughs could be made - again, even it is so, I bet the news will be classified too, as Chinese engine technologies breakthrough means ONE thing only : imminent next gen !

Just find this in a Chinese fansite : Chinese FIFth GenCG VS. F-22A

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

Nice pics.
What are canards doing on a 5th (Chinese 4th) Gen aircraft? Radar signature blunder? Asking this because this images were apparently showed on CCTV - the CCP govt mouth piece.

JF-14. Joint-Fighter? or just J-14? Is it in collaboration with anyone, because JF is usually given to jets made in collaboration.

WS-10A engines are not yet ready. What engines will the Chinese use given the most advanced engines in Chinese inventory are the Russian RD-93 & Al-31! (Didnt the Chinese recently order a 100 RD93's?) Both these Russian engines do not meet requirements for 5th gen standards - like ability to supercruise.

People...Please stop making fools of yourselves in posting Photochopped crap. Unbelievable...

Nice pics.
What are canards doing on a 5th (Chinese 4th) Gen aircraft? Radar signature blunder? Asking this because this images were apparently showed on CCTV - the CCP govt mouth piece.

JF-14. Joint-Fighter? or just J-14? Is it in collaboration with anyone, because JF is usually given to jets made in collaboration.

WS-10A engines are not yet ready. What engines will the Chinese use given the most advanced engines in Chinese inventory are the Russian RD-93 & Al-31! (Didnt the Chinese recently order a 100 RD93's?) Both these Russian engines do not meet requirements for 5th gen standards - like ability to supercruise.

I heard the engines used are the indigenous WS15 engines.

lol if cctv showed those pics then i have reason to believe it wont be anything like those, with regards to the engine, most poeple think it is the ws-15, which is what people think is the name for the next generation jet engine with tvc being developed right now is called

lol if cctv showed those pics then i have reason to believe it wont be anything like those, with regards to the engine, most poeple think it is the ws-15, which is what people think is the name for the next generation jet engine with tvc being developed right now is called

I don't know, let's find out after 1/2 a decade for ourselves shall we?

It's the other way around. Chengdu won the contract from PLAAF for heavy 4th gen fighter while Shenyang is developing alternative 4th gen ship borne fighter.

From solution perspective, 611 wins. However, the 4th gen fighter (heavy) is a co-operation project between 611 and 601, 70/30. So, it's by "China", not Chengdu only.

And 601 got carrier-borne as you said. By all means, 601 is still the favorite in Lin's eyes, even when Chengdu did great job by themselves on J10.

Btw, I still have concerns on engine. That is not a easy job.
Hope we can see it flying in 5 years. :china:

Last edited:
afterall..all these chinese headstrong figureheads...you are going to eat your american pie very very soon..

i don't see any difference in the 'censor rules' that were in effect during the ussr times..and chinese censorship..both are same..

and both are bound to fail..

we use to hear all propaganda aimed russian radio channels..which used to boost 'everything is heaven' in so-called communist countries..you see the real picture now...it is going to bound to happen very very very soon with china too..

india used to have loans worth around 40k thousand dollars with ussr..but after ussr failed..and the settlement with so-called russia was quarter of the original loan amount..same thing is going to happen with china..mark my words..

afterall..all these chinese headstrong figureheads...you are going to eat your american pie very very soon..

i don't see any difference in the 'censor rules' that were in effect during the ussr times..and chinese censorship..both are same..

we use to hear all propaganda aimed russian radio channels..which used to boost 'everything is heaven' in so-called communist countries..you see the real picture now...it is going to bound to happen very very very soon with china too..

india used to have loans worth around 40k thousand dollars with ussr..but after ussr failed..and the settlement with so-called russia was quarter of the original loan amount..same thing is going to happen with china..mark my words..

Hey, Mr. troller, having great fun TROLLING ?

Keep it up, you will need a new ID soon.:smitten::pakistan::china:

wow, so much money - 40 million - it scares me! i can't never imagine india could be so rich and have so much loans. you sure it's not 40 thousand? you could use that much money to rent the akula for 18 days!:yahoo:

oh please it wasnt a bubble that destroyed the ussr, it was economic stagnation made worst by various expensive "races" with the west, no if anything china is making boat loads of money(literally) from the west. there are alot of people like you who says for one reason or another china will collapse or implode or whatever and you know what? every one of them has been wrong so far collapse is always around the corner even when data suggests otherwise, even if a buuble bursts in china there's not gonna be some kind of ussr style disintegration, with external debt not even amounting to 20% of china foreign reserves there still a lot of money around, the usa has weather countless bubbles and you know what its still around, still the most influential, powerful country on earth. and what do you worry about china loans to others? even if the us dollars collapses thats still 1.2 trillion in other money china has and if we're at that point we have far bigger problems than debt. so i will mark your word then promptly toss them out the window

Back
Top Bottom