What's new

China's first man in space reveals astronauts ate dog meat to keep up their strength

dogs and cats are eaten commonly in East Asian countries.

Living in Dubai I come across Pinoys yearning for some of the 'delicacies' we would never eat.

It's a matter of culture. Muslims, even the most non-religious Muslim would find it really hard to take a bite of anything pork. (Some) Indian Hindus are horrified at seeing us eat Beef, the very smell of it makes them go puking.

To the person consuming these forbidden items, its all so normal.

wise words ;)
Arabs eat lizards but we all find it repulsive.
Iranians eat goat's brain, eyes etc... and many many people will find it disgusting!
Dog meat doesn't kill you and it doesn't make you sick, on the contrary it is actually good for you like all other meat.

My ground mother is very old and she grew up in a small village located near one of Iran's major deserts. For the longest time she hadn't had fish. The people of her village found it disgusting and repulsive. She says when people went fishing the elders would throw the fish away!!!

Alright guys lets not make this thread into a who eats more disgusting food. I think the "We are what we eat" really is an outdated concept.

Even within the same community you will never find people who eat the same type of things.

I like to try everything as long as there are are no religion based barriers or its proven to be bad for health. Our army's survival training includes hunting and eating snakes (my knowledge of this is purely from TV).

Vegetarians must think all of us meat eaters as cruel and heartless.

Everybody has their opinions on food. Don't make an international issue out of it.

wise words ;)
Arabs eat lizards but we all find it repulsive.
I'm a big fan of Arab food and I would've eaten in every Arab restaurant around Dubai by now... I've never seen Lizard on the menu.

But who knows could be some obscure tradition somewhere in the deserts.

Iranians eat goat's brain, eyes etc... and many many people will find it disgusting!
I've eaten that, Pakistanis eat it too. Cow brain is more of a delicacy. Try out something like Brain Nihari. Its nice and creamy sort of meat.

Dog meat doesn't kill you and it doesn't make you sick, on the contrary it is actually good for you like all other meat.
For me the taste or health won't be a factor. Being a dog lover, I'd always visualize the trauma on the dog. Plus religiously its a forbidden food in my religion. But I won't go out of my way to stop others from eating.

i also love goat brains . tastes lovely and is a big delicacy. but eating a canine is hard 2 digest. since chinese have been eating canines many years we should not judge them or else debates will start about eating meat in general etc

Thanks mod, I could not take my breakfast easily after watching the pictures of eating human meat. Any member should not post this type of picture. I was very angry on that poster in morning. I want to kill those human eaters.:flame:

Dog meat is both unislamic and haram. Act should be condemned by muslims to full extent.
Dude it is not haram or Islamic for Chinese non-muslims.Just like the Hindus can't eat cow's flesh but Muslims can so does it mean Hindus should condemn muslims ?The Chinese have their own culture but you are an indian troll.So what can we say..Muslims should mind their own business.
..//Off to buy some cow meat....

Alright guys lets not make this thread into a who eats more disgusting food. I think the "We are what we eat" really is an outdated concept.

Even within the same community you will never find people who eat the same type of things.

I like to try everything as long as there are are no religion based barriers or its proven to be bad for health. Our army's survival training includes hunting and eating snakes (my knowledge of this is purely from TV).

Vegetarians must think all of us meat eaters as cruel and heartless.

Everybody has their opinions on food. Don't make an international issue out of it.

I'm a big fan of Arab food and I would've eaten in every Arab restaurant around Dubai by now... I've never seen Lizard on the menu.

But who knows could be some obscure tradition somewhere in the deserts.

I've eaten that, Pakistanis eat it too. Cow brain is more of a delicacy. Try out something like Brain Nihari. Its nice and creamy sort of meat.

For me the taste or health won't be a factor. Being a dog lover, I'd always visualize the trauma on the dog. Plus religiously its a forbidden food in my religion. But I won't go out of my way to stop others from eating.

Yeah it's not a mainstream arab food. Bedouins and I think some saudis eat lizards but they eat those big *** chubby lizards. They prepare it just like normal meat but the Bedouins have this special way of cooking it in the desert. It's actually interesting. Oh and they eat with rice.

About the whole goat and cow brain, I think I am the only Iranian on the face of the earth that has never tried "kala pacha"! I am actually embarrassed to tell people now but since I was a kid I found it very unpleasant. I don't know if it's the same in Pakistan but in Iran they take the Goat's head and put it in a big pot and cook the entire thing. It's also the fattiest food ever.

Back
Top Bottom