What's new

China's first gen nuclear subs and its father

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
The father of China's nuclear subs: Mr. Huang Xuhua, a native man from Guangdong.

The Type 091: About 5 boats being built, and the submerged displacement around 5700 tons.

The Type 092: About 1 boat being built (but there are rumor suggested that 4 boats being built for its class as A/B/C/D), and the submerged displacement around 8000 tons.

231406qngwwngwhzbdhzgg.jpg

231400u1ja7ogn52dp1ddw.jpg

231347uszws9x988li8i70.jpg

lol how the hell did we manage to build a nuclear sub back then, it was the 80s and people still had trouble making a lamp.

My dad got a flash light in the 70s as a gift and the bulb sucked, broke after 2 days, except they didn't make just bulbs, so that was a useless crap.

I remember, back in the 90s people were paying mad cash for just the right to buy a Japanese made TV.

The father of China's nuclear subs: Mr. Huang Xuhua, a native man from Guangdong.

The Type 091: About 5 boats being built, and the submerged displacement around 5700 tons.

The Type 092: About 1 boat being built (but there are rumor suggested that 4 boats being built for its class as A/B/C/D), and the submerged displacement around 8000 tons.

View attachment 188342

View attachment 188343

View attachment 188344

Respect

He was also graduated from the Chinese university and had never studied aboard a foreign country.

Unlike Today's Chinese :p:

Unlike today.:D

Nope, most of our modern experts were still mostly graduated from the Qinghua University in Beijing or the Jiaotong University in Shanghai.

lol how the hell did we manage to build a nuclear sub back then, it was the 80s and people still had trouble making a lamp.

My dad got a flash light in the 70s as a gift and the bulb sucked, broke after 2 days, except they didn't make just bulbs, so that was a useless crap.

I remember, back in the 90s people were paying mad cash for just the right to buy a Japanese made TV.

We built it from scratch, which was already a miracle.

Nope, most of our modern experts were still mostly graduated from the Qinghua University in Beijing or the Jiaotong University in Shanghai.

On engineering expertise support to defense industry, I think Harbin Institute of Technology and Wuhan University are even more qualified than these two

Last edited:
On engineering experts, I think Harbin Institute of Technology and Wuhan University are even more qualified than these two.

Yes, because that two have more fame just because the cities' fame.

In fact, Harbin has the engine of the navy, while Wuhan has designed the aircraft carrier and the nuclear sub, also including the Type 052D and the Type 055.

Yes, because that two have more fame just because the cities' fame.

In fact, Harbin has the engine of the navy, while Wuhan has designed the aircraft carrier and the nuclear sub, also including the Type 052D and the Type 055.

Wuhan is the research hub of nuclear subs so naturally this demand pulls up the supply/contribution of universities/institutes in the area.

There is no university anywhere in the world today that will teach you how to build a nuclear sub, so what difference does it make where he graduated?

The bottom line is that he is smart.

Last time I checked, there are plenty of Indian students studying in the West. Where is India's fleet of nuclear subs I wonder?

View attachment 188342

View attachment 188343

View attachment 188344
On wiki it says TYPE 95 is also being built

Back
Top Bottom