What's new

China's COVID-19 vaccine trial results "very impressive," says U.S. epidemiologist

The chances are there will be no clear "winner" and multiple vaccines from China, Europe and US will be in full production before the end of the year. Each will have strengths and weaknesses and I expect countries to use some or maybe all of them in their populations.

I do not for-see anyone having the vaccine for the novel coronavirus.
possible that no one country can hold influence but it all depends if their are multiple countries making it if one country holds the monopoly that might become a game changer!

and yes i alsp dont think their will ever be a vaccine it will be more propaganda then nay life save!

:china: hope so! Our prayers and wishes are with china on this matter as well.

possible that no one country can hold influence but it all depends if their are multiple countries making it if one country holds the monopoly that might become a game changer!

and yes i alsp dont think their will ever be a vaccine it will be more propaganda then nay life save!

We need to understand what a vaccine is really capable of doing.

They do not all stop you from getting infected in the first place.

At the top end, you will be totally protected from infection for life.
At the bottom end, you will get infected and get symptoms but only mild ones, with this protection only lasting a year or two and you will need regular "top-ups".

So there will probably be multiple vaccines ready by the end of this year.

That is not what the situation is with the Oxford vaccine.

What has already come out is that the monkeys that were given the vaccine had virus in them but none got pneumonia, unlike the monkeys that did not get the vaccine.

A lot of vaccines will stop you from getting ill but not protect from infection and so not a deal breaker for Oxford vaccine. The best thing about the Oxford vaccine is that it is totally safe since based on research of 20 years, and so the only thing that needs to be found out from trials is how effective it is.

If the human trials go well, the Oxford vaccine will be available for mass vaccination by September this year.

Let us hope that as many vaccines as possible are safe and have at least some level of effectiveness. This is not about having one winner but multiple winners.
I would with hold judgement until data is released

Back
Top Bottom