What's new

China wins titles - Most beautiful cities in the World!

There is no denying that Chinese cities are truly the prettiest I have seen.

Not just Beijing or Shanghai but every place I have been.

This is something to emulate.

We still have a long way to go to bring the villages up to standard as well, and to reduce reliance on coal. Hopefully, we will build the world's first million population city free of reliance on fossil fuels.

like Chinese_Dragon said, China is one of the best places for women overall. there's still too much superstition here, hopefully within 20 years we will stamp all that nonsense out. superstition is the #1 threat to human rights in China.

what kind of superstition? elaborate a lil pretty please

what kind of superstition? elaborate a lil pretty please

outdated standards of beauty by the 35+ year old crowd (big nose is beautiful, lmao wtf is this)
still too much disrespect for women
people bidding for lucky license plate numbers
an increase in birth rates during the year of the dragon
belief in fengshui

short list.

Its not only existing superstition thats a problem, its the tendency of Chinese to take things to an extreme. Small feet were once considered beautiful during the Han and Tang dynasties, so in the Song Dynasty they invented foot binding. It died out a bit during the Ming, but in the Qing, everyones foot became bound and uh, "beautiful".

Indeed Suzhou is a beautiful city and deserves to be honored. I give credits to the city planners who designed the mix of modern structures that went harmoniously with the old ones.
Personally I prefer the small Old City of Lijiang before it was commercialized. In here, one can almost feels the builders of the past in different time frame, painstakingly constructed their houses with their bare hands and primitive tools. Walking down the cobblestone lanes one can also feel history.

When you pass by the same garden everyday, you learn to not give a f*ck about it. :bounce::bounce:

Funny you say this. I read a blog by an Indian girl living together with his husband who was assigned to Tianjin, China. Due to loneliness and language barriers, she felt bad. But she said what cheered her up are those small flowers planted and maintained along the road and everyday she went out to see which portion get replaced by fresh ones.

Ba Gua Township. The Township with the greatest Feng Shui in the world.

2ezsrus.jpg

Funny you say this. I read a blog by an Indian girl living together with his husband who was assigned to Tianjin, China. Due to loneliness and language barriers, she felt bad. But she said what cheered her up are those small flowers planted and maintained along the road and everyday she went out to see which portion get replaced by fresh ones.

I was talking about my country. I dont care if people get frustrated in China or not.
And from the looks of it, looks like it was a BS blog. If I were bored, I d go for a tour or got to the beach or watch TV or surf the net. Not go and look at how many new flowers were planted.
Oops. sorry! I forgot. I wasnt supposed to say TV and the internet. Those things are chinese and censored aren't they?
Btw I heard about this international magazine that got banned because the English text on the cover was larger than the Chinese text. Is it true?
Rolling Stone's China entry closes after one brash issue | The Honolulu Advertiser | Hawaii's Newspaper

Very impressive, it is clear that china is no longer a 3rd world country but some will still not believe.

Very impressive, it is clear that china is no longer a 3rd world country but some will still not believe.

Overall it is still a developing country. Yes the eastern coastline cities are comparable to developed countries. But I think a country can only be called "developed" if the poorest group are also living in a decent life. Hopefully China can be there in 50 years. The good news is that modern technology, especially the communication and computer technology really opened up even the poorest regions. I've been following a 23 years old Kazakh Chinese girl, who is from a herder family and could not get formal education because of poverty. Her parents still live in traditional tents without electricity but she just taught herself through internet and became an avid military fan. Her military, history and geopolitical knowledge can easily beat 90% of the member here. kulismu It is through people like her, instead of gorgerous cities, that I see great hope on China's future.

50 years? My friend you are underestimate the abilities of the Chinese people. If the Chinese oligarchies will do their jobs, China will be well developed in 10 years, max.
Chinese Diasporas are self- sustained in every corner of the world under heavy odds, and many even accumulated sizable fortunes.
No other race, including the Jews, can do that.

50 years? My friend you are underestimate the abilities of the Chinese people. If the Chinese oligarchies will do their jobs, China will be well developed in 10 years, max.
Chinese Diasporas are self- sustained in every corner of the world under heavy odds, and many even accumulated sizable fortunes.
No other race, including the Jews, can do that.

Maybe we can reach the per capita threshold to become a "developed" country in 10 years, but that is just a label, and has no real meaning.

China is a massive country, before we call ourselves developed, we need to spread that development to everyone.

Numbers are irrelevance here since, as you said, China is a massive country, one has to view the whole picture differently.
Let's say take an example of 100 POOREST villages in the country and ask yourself, if present trend continue, how many of them will have enough food 10 years from now? If your answer is 1/2 of them then I constitute China is well developed. My way of thinking is China's population is too big and geography is too mountainous to reach 100% of the people. I'm more optimistic than you, my friend, my rational assumption is 70 of them will have enough food.
I'm sorry I was told I've make 5 posts before I can reply with a quote.

Back
Top Bottom