What's new

China will provide six patrol ships to Pakistan for CPEC protection

These vessels will be used for MSA and will not have Anti-Ship missiles and neither AAM's.
Keep this in mind, that they are not being bought for the Navy, so probably they won't have the weapon/sensor suite as per a Navy Missile Corvette.

Primarily activities of PMSA are directed towards ensuring protection of resources of Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), Search & Rescue (SAR) operations in the area allocated by International Maritime Organization (IMO), Disaster Management at Sea, protection of Marine Environment, ensuring safety and protecting our fishermen and regulating deep sea fishing activities. Besides this, PMSA has made enormous contribution in preventing smuggling and drug trafficking through sea.
Than instead of buying these Pakistan should ask China to turn its old Frigates into patrol boats. Pakistan should buy with all of its weapons.

Than instead of buying these Pakistan should ask China to turn its old Frigates into patrol boats. Pakistan should buy with all of its weapons.

MSA needs OPV, so they will buy what they need.
Navy has its own shopping list.

MSA needs OPV, so they will buy what they need.
Navy has its own shopping list.
Cant coast guard get 8 to 12 nuclear submarines along with at least two amphibious assault ships. Since i said only two, they will need support from land based aircraft so i would say 4 squadrons of Su-35 strategically placed will be ok.

I am glad there are not one, with stupid thoughts like this post you read and a few others that you must have noticed in the navy. Specially in the procurement section.

Cant coast guard get 8 to 12 nuclear submarines along with at least two amphibious assault ships. Since i said only two, they will need support from land based aircraft so i would say 4 squadrons of Su-35 strategically placed will be ok.

I am glad there are not one, with stupid thoughts like this post you read and a few others that you must have noticed in the navy. Specially in the procurement section.

I don't blame the members here, they all are enthusiastic, patriotic and would love to have all the modern toys. Who wouldn't. In Fact, it's heartening to see the zeal amongst the young lot.

However, reality of totally different.

I don't blame the members here, they all are enthusiastic, patriotic and would love to have all the modern toys. Who wouldn't. In Fact, it's heartening to see the zeal amongst the young lot.

However, reality of totally different.
Sir it is good to be optimistic or have that zeal but i think you know the difference between optimism and delusion!

We are OK with optimistic approach but delusion wont lead us anywhere.

hehehe
hahaha
burnol hay ghar pe?
pak could not even make a patrol ship.and that of china made.its going to have holes few days later.
patrol ships:rofl:. not even destroyers .let alone aircraft carrier.

There's too many of these creatures on defence.pk

one of them is u

you need more than that because there is a beast patrolling in arabian sea.

Of course the Chinese would! After all it's not about Pakistan. It's about protecting China's port at Gwadar which has been leased out to them by Pakistan for 40 years. So the port effectively belongs to China and thus the need to protect it and the assets therein.
Only the operations branch has been handed over to tgem. We didnt sell it to them you nutter. They will reap benefits when port traffic increases.

Depends on role mere bhai. If you need to patrol coastal areas with lower depth you need a smaller boat. The primary role of these boats is to protect Pakistani waters from smugglers, terrorists and fishermen who may go astray. These boats need quick accelaration and manouverability. Also, the operational costs of these are much lower. Smaller number of crew and lesser fuel consumption.

130million for 6 is most likely Type 056 corvette.
View attachment 247548

Do you think it could be P-18 which is the beefed up export version of Type 056 but has total displacement of 1800 tons and 95 meters long ( as opposed to 1440 tons and 90 meter type 56 ) ?

However, it seems that P18 maybe slightly more expensive than ordinary type 56 corvette.

Last edited:
Do you think it could be P-18 which is the beefed up export version of Type 056 but has total displacement of 1800 tons and 95 meters long ( as opposed to 1440 tons and 90 meter type 56 ) ?

However, it seems that P18 maybe slightly more expensive than ordinary type 56 corvette.
I hope it is

Sir it is good to be optimistic or have that zeal but i think you know the difference between optimism and delusion!

We are OK with optimistic approach but delusion wont lead us anywhere.

Yes I know the difference.
Let them express their ideas.

Now I am 100% sure that these patrol FAC would be 6 Type022 which will going to guard the seas of Balochistan where as 4-6 Azmat FACs will going to guard the Sindh coast well. Just the Azmat FAC needs 57m.m automatic guns from EU.

Yes I know the difference.
Let them express their ideas.
I KNOW you know the difference janab, there are no doubts there.

However dont you think if THEY can be allowed to share those brillinat ideas i cannot jump in with a few goodies from myself? That seems a bit unfair.

Anyway, on serious note, i will again stress on the point that while optimism is good for delusion wont help much.

I KNOW you know the difference janab, there are no doubts there.

However dont you think if THEY can be allowed to share those brillinat ideas i cannot jump in with a few goodies from myself? That seems a bit unfair.

Anyway, on serious note, i will again stress on the point that while optimism is good for delusion wont help much.

Yea bro, I agree.
Delusion never helps, but some ppl can't change.

Yea bro, I agree.
Delusion never helps, but some ppl can't change.
Sir I don't agree with you on that these ships would be for patrol purposes because we bought 8 cutters for same reason so why go for these without weapons.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom