What's new

'China will be 2nd most powerful nation by 2050'

Actually, Chinese trolls are notorious throughout cyberspace for trolling and flaming. On several other forums with less strict moderation I have constantly seen their habit of putting down other countries and cultures and the attitude of "we, the Chinese people are the greatest and you are s-h-i-t".

:blink::pop:

The thought had occurred to me that the Chinese here might not easily find a "humble" way to refute my argument. I'm pleased that you both recognize and understand one of the barriers Jews face when we respond to various calumnies against us in similar situations.

See how stereotyping is bad? Also, you may ask yourself, what is humble. Humility is not submissiveness. It does not mean allowing yourself to lose, but not boasting after winning. The right to be humble is not GIVEN, it is EARNED, it is only humility when you're powerful and low key about it; it's not humility, but weakness if you're weak and low key (since you don't have the right to be high key).

Jet Li is humble, but not submissive. We can use examples from history to see who is humble, but powerful, and who is just weak. South Korea, for example, was almost destroyed during Korean War, and begged the US for aid afterwards. Seems like a humble nation, right? No, it's just weak. When Korea sent troops to Vietnam to help the US, the Koreans tortured the vietnamese and gouged out eyeballs. In contrast, when China fought in the Vietnam war, we were the only ones who did not torture opposing combatants. US pilots would beg to be captured by Chinese troops instead of Vietnamese ones, because one meant being able to live.

My point was, quite simply, that the "Chinese sense of humility" TechLahore professed to "respect and admire" was not "innate" but a currently useful pose. A point aptly confirmed by the anything-but-humble responses of several Chinese posters on this thread to my argument, wouldn't you agree?

The humility of China is not decided by the words by whichever cyber-warriors. It is reflected in iron facts that China repeatedly claims and acts that it doesn’t want to be world police; it is not going to impose its ideology or ways of life on other nations; it drops or threats to drop no nuclear bombs on any countries’ soil. It launches no crusade against any countries of different social systems, subverts no governments of different types, hijacks no citizen of other courtiers, and bribes nobody to fan up color revolutions…

Isn't that respectful?

See how stereotyping is bad? Also, you may ask yourself, what is humble.

Given that he is Jewish himself, and thus understands how bad racial stereotyping is....

I'm surprised that he is so eager to stereotype against Chinese people.

Actually, Chinese trolls are notorious throughout cyberspace for trolling and flaming. On several other forums with less strict moderation I have constantly seen their habit of putting down other countries and cultures and the attitude of "we, the Chinese people are the greatest and you are s-h-i-t".
I see no reason why China won't eventually regain its historical place as the most advanced culture on the planet. But I don't think China is there yet.

Alright guys, let's stop digressing too much, and go back to the topic.

I believe the power of nation is reflected by many indicators, more than just a GDP number. Those indicators should contain the strength of: economy, military, ideology, culture/tradition, intellectuals, etc.

Currently, astonishingly 10% of US doctorate degrees are awarded to Chinese students…

Currently, rich Chinese are sending billions of dollars every year to US for becoming a legal US resident (EB5 visa)…

Chinese people may brag about that, but it is a very bad thing for China. If talented people emigrate out of China, China’s possible 2nd position is not optimistic. China should be able to absorb the best people in the world. This has to happen mainly out of needs of Chinese market and the wishes of the talents, not out of only authoritarian commands. BTW, I’m not saying government incentives are not needed.

After all, this is due to the lack of soft power in China.

Though thanks to jingoistic or extremist American politicians, like their predecessor McCarthy, for producing incidents like Dr. Wen-ho Lee, etc. some Chinese talents are either left US for China or switch to less sensitive (non-military) areas, but still China hasn’t done enough on many issues to look appealing to talents.

China needs to drain back the brain. Period.

I'm pleased that you both recognize and understand one of the barriers Jews face when we respond to various calumnies against us in similar situations.
You control the U.S. government and world media to a large extent. You are freely terrorizing and oppressing people, what more do you want?

Alright guys, let's stop digressing too much, and go back to the topic.

I believe the power of nation is reflected by many indicators, more than just a GDP number. Those indicators should contain the strength of: economy, military, ideology, culture/tradition, intellectuals, etc.

Currently, astonishingly 10% of US doctorate degrees are awarded to Chinese students…

Currently, rich Chinese are sending billions of dollars every year to US for becoming a legal US resident (EB5 visa)…

Chinese people may brag about that, but it is a very bad thing for China. If talented people emigrate out of China, China’s possible 2nd position is not optimistic. China should be able to absorb the best people in the world. This has to happen mainly out of needs of Chinese market and the wishes of the talents, not out of only authoritarian commands. BTW, I’m not saying government incentives are not needed.

After all, this is due to the lack of soft power in China.

Though thanks to jingoistic or extremist American politicians, like their predecessor McCarthy, for producing incidents like Dr. Wen-ho Lee, etc. some Chinese talents are either left US for China or switch to less sensitive (non-military) areas, but still China hasn’t done enough on many issues to look appealing to talents.

China needs to drain back the brain. Period.

US doctorates being awarded to chinese students is fine. At least, we only wasted 16 years of public education.

A Chinese PhD leaving the country to teach or worse, research in the US is the worst thing that can happen. the 5 years of PhD training costs more than the previous 16 combined. It is designed to train world level writers, scientists and engineers. Be happy about 1 thing: almost no one who gets a PhD in China leaves. Every PhD that leaves China takes away 150,000 USD in funding, cutting edge scientific or literary knowledge, 27 years of investment and increases mistrust in government. On the other hand, every Chinese PhD student in the US that returns to China gains the same amount.

2050 is already now!!!!! China is sencond most powerful country. So no need to wait for 2050.

Absolutely. :tup:

I know quite a few PhD's from the mainland who make a very good living here in Hong Kong. There is no need to leave China.

It's quite hard to graduate with a legitimate PhD in the mainland actually. It's arguably more difficult than the US.

Be warned, a PhD is a top level scientist but that doesn't guarentee a good job. There's many PhDs in bad fields (life sciences, modern Chinese literature, marxist studies, political economics, law, theoretical astrophysics) who can't find jobs in their fields as writers, lawyers or engineers so they just teach high school or college classes. Or for life sciences, become a pharmaceutical sales rep. The top unemployment figures in China are for Life Sciences(Biotech/Biochemistry/Molecular Cell Biology/Biochemical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering - so big that my university has a seperate School of Life Sciences, so useless that top offers were only 1500 per month, compared to finance or computers which make 3000 starting), Law and Chinese Literature. Too many PhDs who only got there because they were "guarenteed entry" (报送)and because they couldn't get job offers with a mere bachelors.

may be Unites states will not be number one in few years time the turn for china is near to rule the world their is always end for anything leaders who ruled the world more than 80 years and sometime more than 100 years have gone Russia was super power but their time also get to them for their end now USA super power days are of few years and china is big not only big but sure contander to be next big thing thats why USA knows there time is over thats why they want india to cdompete for supremacy of super power for the world and USA will use india as their puppet when india ger super power but only in dreams

may be Unites states will not be number one in few years time the turn for china is near to rule the world their is always end for anything leaders who ruled the world more than 80 years and sometime more than 100 years have gone Russia was super power but their time also get to them for their end now USA super power days are of few years and china is big not only big but sure contander to be next big thing thats why USA knows there time is over thats why they want india to cdompete for supremacy of super power for the world and USA will use india as their puppet when india ger super power but only in dreams

With all due respect, India is not stupid enough to be the US's stooge, as Pakistan has haplessly chosen to be.

It is painfully obvious (to those who pay attention) that the US wants to use India as a counterweight to Chinese influence in Asia, just as the US used Pakistan as a counterweight to Soviet influence in the region during the Cold War.

Indians, however, do not wish this fate. We are willing to cooperate with Americans in every field, but never to become another one of their pawns on the geopolitical chessboard. Please understand this.

India has risen on its own merits since 1947 to become the 4th largest economy in the world, and we will continue to grow on our merits to become a global superpower, whether it takes 20, 50, or 100 years.

Wow, more stereotyping and generalizations.

Trust me dude its a lot gets wacky at this point !

My point was, quite simply, that the "Chinese sense of humility" TechLahore professed to "respect and admire" was not "innate" but a currently useful pose. A point aptly confirmed by the anything-but-humble responses of several Chinese posters on this thread to my argument, wouldn't you agree?

SO is this "US +Israel sense of humility" TechLahore professed to "respect and admire" was not "innate" but a currently useful pose. A point aptly confirmed by the anything-but-humble responses of several US posters on this thread to my argument, like
mass murders of Red Indians and Slaving the Africans that build the US country
Mass murdering Vietnamese
Supporting the MAss Murdreings of Muslim around from Palestine 1948 to AFghanistan 2009. Quite Ironic for someone so humble.

Back on topic
What do you mean 2nd place at 2050 ? China is already in second and is already moving to first !
America has failing economy many enemis no allie
Someone with alzheimer's disease and brain disfunctional would surly agree that America will continue to be number one - and wel all know who that is.

Last edited:
I think everybody needs to distinguish between what they are taught and history as can best be ascertained. Furthermore, you do not dispute my primary assertion, that regardless of who held political mastery this is the first time in recorded history that the Han have moved to settle among and displace Tibetans.

Your mistakes, the Tang Dynasty, Han Chinese into Tibet there, they are "Princess Wen Cheng" and her huge artisans and cultural force. After ,the Tibetan into china - "Sichuan "and" Qinghai ", Han Chinese into Tibet, until now. Now, you can say for the first time Chinese people (HAN, hui and other national) scale into Tibet, no problem.Yes it is because that there is this condition, this is the right of every citizen, same there are many Tibetans to enter the mainland, this is the right of every citizen.It is not colonialism, the Chinese did not get anything from Tibet, until now, China does not get any resources from Tibet, we only brought wealth to Tibet. Of course, after,it may happen, it is taken for granted,we have the right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom