What's new

'China will be 2nd most powerful nation by 2050'

You acknowledge that Han Chinese are a separate nationality yet assert "Tibet is a part of China". That makes China imperialist, is that not so?

Shall we compromise by labeling China a "humble imperialist"?

If you don't know the difference between a race and a nation state, then this exchange is rather pointless.

Do you mean to suggest that any nation state encompassing more than one race is inherently imperialist?

Do you believe in nation states built by/populated by a single race? This reminds me of some very unpleasant concepts perpetuated by a political party in Germany, post WW-I.

If you don't know the difference between a race and a nation state, then this exchange is rather pointless -.
The introduction of "race" into the conversation is all your idea, which renders the rest of your response "rather pointless", doesn't it?

While it is true that during the millennia of their long relationship China meddled in Tibet's internal affairs - notably by, at times, deposing the Dalai Lama - until sixty years ago Tibet remained quite a separate entity from China. Chinese and Tibetans regarded each other as foreigners - and as far as I know, they still do. The stories that make it to the Western press are of good jobs going to Han immigrants, not Tibetans, and the Chinese I have talked to take pride in the fact that they have suppressed Tibet's native rulers, if not Tibetan culture itself.

I brought this up to warn you that you risk dangerously mis-characterizing the Chinese. I've met Chinese who have been quite humble and accomodating until they are appointed to a position of power over others; then they abused their position for personal and political gain. When confronted about this, one responded to me that his behavior was characteristic of his culture's value system and thus his conduct was not unethical.

So you see, China's rulers did not swallow Tibet until they possessed the means, through modern technology, to not just send armies in occasionally but maintain an occupying force permanently. They have proceeded with colonization since because there is no one to stop them. The humility you speak of is not itself a moral principle, but a mask that is currently useful, a tool to aid in China's interaction with us barbarians. When and where China's leaders want to expand (usually with the overwhelming support of the Chinese people) the mask is dropped, as in the seas south of China today.

Who knows if in a century or so China won't assert its trade links to Pakistan as justification to install its own favored leaders, and eventually to invade and colonize Pakistan itself? After all, the Himalayas aren't much of a bother to airborne divisions based less than a thousand kilometers away from Pakistan's capital.

While it is true that during the millennia of their long relationship China meddled in Tibet's internal affairs - notably by, at times, deposing the Dalai Lama - until sixty years ago Tibet remained quite a separate entity from China. Chinese and Tibetans regarded each other as foreigners - and as far as I know, they still do.

you know nothing about Chinese history.Tibet has been part of China since Yuan Dynasty.Funny is that Tibet has been part fo China before US was even founded.

Who knows if in a century or so China won't assert its trade links to Pakistan as justification to install its own favored leaders, and eventually to invade and colonize Pakistan itself? After all, the Himalayas aren't much of a bother to airborne divisions based less than a thousand kilometers away from Pakistan's capital.
China won't do that.Iavading and colonizing other sovereign states is american tradition,such as vietnam,s.korea,afganistan,iraq.The next victim will be iran?!

you know nothing about Chinese history.Tibet has been part of China since Yuan Dynasty.
I think everybody needs to distinguish between what they are taught and history as can best be ascertained. Furthermore, you do not dispute my primary assertion, that regardless of who held political mastery this is the first time in recorded history that the Han have moved to settle among and displace Tibetans.

The introduction of "race" into the conversation is all your idea, which renders the rest of your response "rather pointless", doesn't it?

While it is true that during the millennia of their long relationship China meddled in Tibet's internal affairs - notably by, at times, deposing the Dalai Lama - until sixty years ago Tibet remained quite a separate entity from China. Chinese and Tibetans regarded each other as foreigners - and as far as I know, they still do. The stories that make it to the Western press are of good jobs going to Han immigrants, not Tibetans, and the Chinese I have talked to take pride in the fact that they have suppressed Tibet's native rulers, if not Tibetan culture itself.

I brought this up to warn you that you risk dangerously mis-characterizing the Chinese. I've met Chinese who have been quite humble and accomodating until they are appointed to a position of power over others; then they abused their position for personal and political gain. When confronted about this, one responded to me that his behavior was characteristic of his culture's value system and thus his conduct was not unethical.

So you see, China's rulers did not swallow Tibet until they possessed the means, through modern technology, to not just send armies in occasionally but maintain an occupying force permanently. They have proceeded with colonization since because there is no one to stop them. The humility you speak of is not itself a moral principle, but a mask that is currently useful, a tool to aid in China's interaction with us barbarians. When and where China's leaders want to expand (usually with the overwhelming support of the Chinese people) the mask is dropped, as in the seas south of China today.

What a long article that drives from Himalaya to the Hindu River.
You really want to know what is colonization? Try find a native american, hard isn't it? The natural relationship that lasts for centuries between Tibet and heartland of China began to went bad after the arrival of the 'heroes' and 'explorers' comes from the palace of Governor-General and Viceroy of India.

Or should we call them 'colonists'?

I think everybody needs to distinguish between what they are taught and history as can best be ascertained. Furthermore, you do not dispute my primary assertion, that regardless of who held political mastery this is the first time in recorded history that the Han have moved to settle among and displace Tibetans.

Is this your cue for resuming hostilities then?

I'd rather liked the peace... and the fact is Israel doesn't have a horse in this race just China doesn't have a horse in the Israeli occupation issue.

I'd rather liked the peace... and the fact is Israel doesn't have a horse in this race just China doesn't have a horse in the Israeli occupation issue.

indeed, we have many tools for influencing israeli policy to encourage a peaceful 2 state solution. just because we see no interests there now do not mean possible interests will not appear. and China is all for peaceful resolution of conflicts of interest.

The stories that make it to the Western press are of good jobs going to Han immigrants, not Tibetans

You should know better than to believe everything they tell you in the press.

and the Chinese I have talked to take pride in the fact that they have suppressed Tibet's native rulers, if not Tibetan culture itself.

If you actually bother to read about Tibets "native rulers" before the Chinese came and emancipated the serf population, you would understand why they RIGHTLY take pride in it.

As for Tibetan culture, you do realise that the CCP actually protects and promotes Tibetan culture don't you?

I've met Chinese who have been quite humble and accomodating until they are appointed to a position of power over others; then they abused their position for personal and political gain. When confronted about this, one responded to me that his behavior was characteristic of his culture's value system and thus his conduct was not unethical.

You will always find people from every culture whom exploit their position for personal gains, that's just the way the world works.

I'd say it is more characteristic of the person rather than the culture, but to believe that it is characteristic of somebodies culture shows how gullible you are.

A lot of the western media (that create the "Made in USA" news/reports about China) have major shareholders and senior management that are "related" to Israel.

Solomon I hope you can take a minute and appreciate the irony of your racist remarks.

I think it's hilarious that Solomon, our Israeli friend, is having a go at us over Tibet.

Newsflash: Tibet is recognized as a part of China, by every national government on Earth.

Whereas the land-grabbing and settlement building in the occupied territories by Israel is regarded as illegal by the United Nations and by international law.

This article is to try to calm down the white supremacists, as any colored people becoming developed is a nuisance to them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom