What's new

China warns world off over artist arrest

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
Fresh of a PR disaster w/ its Nobel peace prize fit, where the Chinese and their threats were laughed at - the world's No 1 pariah supporting country is at it again warning and shaking its pinky at others! :rofl:

China warns world off over artist arrest
China is warning the international community it has "no right to interfere" in the case of outspoken artist Ai Weiwei, who has been detained for investigation of unspecified economic crimes.

Foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei confirmed a state media report that Ai, an avant-garde artist taken into custody in Beijing on Sunday as the government pursues a heavy crackdown on dissents, was the subject of a police probe.

Western governments and rights groups have lined up in support of Ai, who was detained while trying to board a flight to Hong Kong and has not been heard from since, but Beijing signalled it would not tolerate criticism from abroad.

Advertisement: Story continues below "Ai Weiwei is under investigation on suspicion of economic crimes," Hong told reporters, refusing to comment on the nature of the alleged crimes.

"It has nothing to do with human rights or freedom of expression," said the spokesman, the first Chinese official to comment on the 53-year-old's case.

"Other countries have no right to interfere."

Ai is merely the latest of dozens of activists and government critics rounded up in clampdown on dissent following online calls for demonstrations in China to emulate the "Jasmine" protests that have rocked the Arab world.

The United States, France, Germany and Britain have joined Amnesty International and other groups in calling for Ai's release, with US ambassador Jon Huntsman defending the artist in a Shanghai speech on Wednesday.

In unusually blunt public comments, Huntsman - who will soon leave his post - saluted Ai, jailed Nobel peace laureate Liu Xiaobo and others who "challenge the Chinese government to serve the public in all cases and at all times".

China typically uses charges such as subversion to put away government critics, as it did in Liu's case, but has also previously levelled accusations of various economic crimes such as tax-related offences to silence others.

Way to go China! Good for nothing seperatists can come get some! :china:

This is not enough however. We must fight war criminals both within and outside of the country. Currently, the dictator in Washington is guilty of slaughter of 2 million people. When the US collapses, we will finally be able to see the hidden documents and files of the Wall Street regime.

If a threat cannot be backed with action, it is better not to give the threat.

What can China do to back the threat?

On the issue of the Nobel Prize threat, it was a damp squib and I presume China lost face since the world did not react and China could do nothing to them in retaliation.

It's obvious liberals in the government are losing their powers to protect their allies and that's a good sign. 6.4 happened because the government were paralyzed by internal division. The next 10 to 20 years are going to be tough as the Red Guard generation is reaching their preeminence and will once again attempt to destroy China like what they did during their youth. Young Chinese need to stay vigilant and seize power from those in their 40s and 50s or at least not to be recruited to be those old men's cannon fodder.

Yes it is an indian's post! But who cares how indians' feeling since they can do nothing but start another thread.

It is pretty pathetic that some indian members will trawl the thread looking for negative news on Pakistan and China, I am certain it's due to the much mentioned inferiority complex, they need to denigrate other's to feel better about themselves, again pathetic.

It is pretty pathetic that some indian members will trawl the thread looking for negative news on Pakistan and China, I am certain it's due to the much mentioned inferiority complex, they need to denigrate other's to feel better about themselves, again pathetic.

Well said. :tup:

from smh.com? shake my head? LOL

i don't know whats worst TOIlet or SMH :lol:

find some real source hindian

Yup. That's the mentality of the average Indian Trolls.

Think someone transferred money to his account and it was traced back to the US. There's also an apartment under his name somewhere in NYC and some other irregular activities in his account are also being investigated..

Why this linkage to a kaffir country? Wanna pull up Pakistan by attaching it to others?

That is what I call "the much mentioned inferiority complex"!

This has nothing to do with Pakistan. Get away from sycophancy at every chance for a change. ;)

Back
Top Bottom