What's new

China vs. India: Will the “contest of the 21st century” lead to war?

hey that was way too metaphorical .... :P

Basically it means: China is suffering from drought and blizzards, but we are working on a solutions.

India is suffering from warming and toxic pollution, but the government is paralyzed, even as the Americans (eagle) and Russians (bear) are dumping toxic waste into your country.

Also, India's population density is already 3 times higher than China's and the total population is skyrocketing. Unlike China, India doesn't have huge potential to expand territory, to straight up buy resources, or to engage in geoengineering, since it is bordered by mountains, hostile states, and an ocean. China on the other hand, has the entire Xinjiang as very low density land, and can negotiate purchases of land, water and oil in Russia.

that will undoubtedly be a big problem
unfortunately basic human activities like war,greed ignorance and penchant for power will ultimately result in doom for human civilization

Its true but what can we do? I think in WW3, only Canada and Norway will survive.

that will undoubtedly be a big problem
unfortunately basic human activities like war,greed ignorance and penchant for power will ultimately result in doom for human civilization

Maybe, but our job now is to become a developed country. It will probably take decades more, but we need to do it before the resources start running out.

一顆老鼠屎壞了一鍋粥(一颗老鼠屎坏了一锅粥) (yi ke lao shu shi huai le yi guo zhou)

Literally: One mouse dropping ruins the whole pot of rice porridge.

Chill and relax, buddy! Life ain't that bad and bitter....look on the brighter side, smile and be happy! Don't be so spiteful....doesn't help your karma :-)

Cheers!

Btw, for those who may not know, I have been based out of China since 2001. Prior to which I was in the U.S. and India. My parents have a long history here.....my dad first came to China in 1979 as part of a UN delegation to advise the Chinese government on transportation infrastructure. He was lavishly hosted by several provincial governments and actually asked to stay here. At some point when I have my pics organized I will post my random pics of amazing, beautiful china!

一顆老鼠屎壞了一鍋粥(一颗老鼠屎坏了一锅粥) (yi ke lao shu shi huai le yi guo zhou)

Literally: One mouse dropping ruins the whole pot of rice porridge.

Chill and relax, buddy! Life ain't that bad and bitter....look on the brighter side, smile and be happy! Don't be so spiteful....doesn't help your karma :-)

Cheers!

Btw, for those who may not know, I have been based out of China since 2001. Prior to which I was in the U.S. and India. My parents have a long history here.....my dad first came to China in 1979 as part of a UN delegation to advise the Chinese government on transportation infrastructure. He was lavishly hosted by several provincial governments and actually asked to stay here. At some point when I have my pics organized I will post my random pics of amazing, beautiful china!

作为移民,你对你所在的国家应该有感恩之心,尤其是当这个国家不是移民国家,你更应该感谢我们给了你生活的机会。中国不缺人才,更不缺普通人,所以你应该好自为之,别以为你是不可替代的。希望你在中国的旅途是愉快的,签证过期后别忘了回去。

Maybe, but our job now is to become a developed country. It will probably take decades more, but we need to do it before the resources start running out.

It would require wresting control from developed countries.

Oh dear, FairAndUnbiased is reporting weather and Chandragupta Maurya is posting about his personal life. Totally dissappointed in this thread. No heated exchanges. Going back to NATO Pakistan thread. :wave:

Bl[i]tZ;2330299 said:
Oh dear, FairAndUnbiased is reporting weather and Chandragupta Maurya is posting about his personal life. Totally dissappointed in this thread. No heated exchanges. Going back to NATO Pakistan thread. :wave:

Hahaha......hilarious.....fair enough!

Just one last one b4 I am out for now....from Beijing on an overcast day.
言多必失。(pinyin: Yán duō bì shī)

Literally: If you say too much, you have to have made an error
Meaning: He who talks too much errors often.

Cheers!

Hahaha......hilarious.....fair enough!

Just one last one b4 I am out for now....from Beijing on an overcast day.
言多必失。(pinyin: Yán duō bì shī)

Literally: If you say too much, you have to have made an error
Meaning: He who talks too much errors often.

Cheers!

Just 1 more before I am out, on a cloudless L.A. night:

喧宾夺主

Xuan Bing Duo Zhu

Means: The guest talks more than the host.

Cheers!

Speculations much! Let's wait and watch.

the Indo-China 50 years peace treaty is going to end next year. Things might go awry or the SANE people of India and China may extend the peace treaty.

India needs to catch up if we want to go at par with China..China has leverage economically currently..but again in a situation of war there are many external factors that can lead up to the result.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Asia doesn't have the proper mechanisms to prevent border conflicts from escalating into full-blown wars.

That's why we were supposed to have talks recently, about implementing a proper "border mechanism". But India turned down the talks. :no:
It was China turning the talks down..btw they only have been postponed by China,new dates will be fixed

India and China had been world's largest economies for thousand of years.Last two centuries for both the countries are not something to be proud of.

In 21 century two outcomes are possible

1) If both countries resolve their differences then 21st century belongs to India & china and in this century both will regain their past glory.The centre of gravity of power will shift from North america&Europe to Asia

captureip.png

2) If things don't go smoothly than the next century will be worse than last two.

end-of-the-world.jpg

India and China had been world's largest economies for thousand of years.Last two centuries for both the countries are not something to be proud of.

In 21 century two outcomes are possible

1) If both countries resolve their differences then 21st century belongs to India & china and in this century both will regain their past glory.The centre of gravity of power will shift from North america&Europe to Asia

captureip.png

2) If things don't go smoothly than the next century will be worse than last two.

end-of-the-world.jpg

Have you noticed that whereever the geopolitical center of the world is, there will be massive war?

In 1910, it was right off the coast of Western Europe; WW1.
In 1940, it was in Western Europe; WW2.
In 1950-1970, it started moving towards Eastern Europe; Cold War, Korea, Vietnam, Israeli-Arab Wars.
In 1990, it started moving into the Middle East, and we have today.
Now, it is moving into Central Asia.....

China just needs to continue to improve its anti ballistic missile program. The only real threat from India is really their land based missiles. As long as we can stop surprise Indian missile strikes, there will be no war with India.

I disagree with the title itself. The 21 century contest is between Sino-Soviet alliance vs the US lead western alliance. India need to decide which side it want to join. And India can be a difference maker. However, to marginalize US and the western countries by making the 21st century a contest between China and India is just not realistic. US still has a lot of weight in the international diplomacy. As a matter in fact, the only superpower in the world today is still the United States. Not China nor India.

I disagree with the title itself. The 21 century contest is between Sino-Soviet alliance vs the US lead western alliance. India need to decide which side it want to join. And India can be a difference maker. However, to marginalize US and the western countries by making the 21st century a contest between China and India is just not realistic. US still has a lot of weight in the international diplomacy. As a matter in fact, the only superpower in the world today is still the United States. Not China nor India.

I agree ,what do you think after the troop pullout from Afghanistan lets say by 2022 will US conditions(economically) be back to pre 9/11 levels

I agree ,what do you think after the troop pullout from Afghanistan lets say by 2022 will US conditions(economically) be back to pre 9/11 levels

US do have economic troubles. But compare with India, I'm certain US is ahead.

Back
Top Bottom