What's new

China vs. India: who’s winning?

Open access to american markets - u dnt need that, u get billions of dollars for free as aid. BTW,everyone has open access to markets in capitalist economy of US, question is who can compete. We can, can you?

Open access to military tech - u also have it. see, u have the latest stealth tech for helicopters too now. and UCAV's... not even US knows them as well as you do. so dont complain

India gets billions from U.K.

Will UK money go to India’s poor or corrupt politicians? | The Sun |Features

Unlike India, Pakistan builds her own military hardware !

Unlike India, Pakistan builds her own military hardware !

Ya I know, such Military hardware are produced in every nook & corner of India. Here we call them by names like "Desi Katta, Tamancha, Rampuri Chakku
" etc.

And ofcourse, In India, we do not consider Lathis as Military Hardware :chilli:

India first should think about churning out employable graduates. The american boot licking of Indians is being cried everywhere in USA and H1-B scams are now evident everywhere. How 12 million indians infiltrated USA to steal american jobs and industry. The american now realize that they have been cheated out of their jobs and industry by cunning indians and a massive backlash is on the way. India once again pathetically failed to win hearts and mind.

Silicon Valley Engineers Stuck in Immigration Reform Limbo - Mountain View, CA Patch

The rot in Indian education puts development in doubt: WSJ - LiveNewsIndia.com

Mere 25% graduates in India are employable: Mercer Consulting - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

Meanwhile i see a refreshing change in Saudi Arabia. The Chinese are arriving by dozens to drive indians out of many engineering and technical jobs and even mobile and laptop repair shops. Good because the Chinese can actually fix your broken stuff good rather than scamming your pocket..

SO we can claim credit to their accomplishments and ride on their PR just like we are famous for everywhere..why make your own when eating other man pie is easier!

Spoken like a true biased Pakistani..!

Well this shows the strength of the Indian trade fraternity. It took China 13 years after implementing economic policies to come to the level of a closed market economy like India. Then started the China boom. In 1991 when we were about to go bankcrupt we opened our markets, by that time China had all the infrastructure to clock such growth. The Indian boom has just started but will need effective policies to maintain it.

In China, the infrastructure in 1991 is no much different from 1979, because China simply didn't have money to do that in 1991.

Let me tell you the footsteps of the development of Chinese economy. It is not quite accurate, just based on my memory.

1979, "Open economic policy" was adopted, which means people can have small businesses for making living, for example, street hawkers(used to be considered crime). Except for that, nothing changed.

After 1986, state owned chinese companies, were allowed to do business with foreign companies.(Actually, there were no private Chinese companies at all at that time.) And major foreign companies were allowed to open their business in China. The real Chinese economic reform started from this year. Also, infrastructure started improving since then althogh very very slowly.

1994, the Chinese government started to take "market economy" methodology, although it is far from a free market economy. (China had a planned economy until this year). Actually, there are many private companies established as early as 1990. Infrastructure still kept improving slowly.

1994-2002, China totally opened its gate to the world. The quality of common Chinese people's life were getting better and better. People are more and more open minded, money-driven. Big infrastructure projects were going on in Shanghai. But house prices there were quite low, and there were lots of empty apartments and office buildings in Shanghai. The stock price was low, and no signs of going up at all. Many state owned factories went bankrupt as they could not compete with new comers in the market, which gave Chinese banks big risks of bankruptcy too.

2003, after the SARS crisis, the big economic boom started. After years of international market exploration, money from everywhere flow into China. Now the real infrastructure revolution also started. In 2007 in Shanghai, house prices tripled as compared to 2003.

2008, exporting business recession. A lot of Chinese companies were impacted. The Chinese government decided to put more money into building infrastructure to help the economy recover as quickly as possible.

2009, I can feel the development pace was much quicker than 2008
2010, a big wow for me. I really cannot believe it, money money money!
2011, not much different from 2010, but some people told me it will slow down after June. Let's cross our fingers.

Right now, 94% of Chinese companies are privately owned. Let's look back to 1990 since the first private Chinese company established. What a long way!

I can concur with GSK on that, I visited the island of Xiaman in 92. It was one of the earliest economic zones by the govt primarily due to proximity to the coast and Taiwan. Back in 92 infrastructural was appalling, travelling to the villages took hours on mountainous roads by motorcycle. The island itself was in a pretty sorry state with creaking single story compounds and makeshift markets.

Xiaman today is a lot different now (new buildings, clean lakes etc), highways span the mountain regions. A 5 hour journey via motorcycle thru previously mountainous route is now a 2 hour car ride via the new highways. My relatives who previously were so poor that they had to gather round to watch a single tv in the village now pick us up in their new Audi's.

From the impression I drawn in 92 I never would have thought China could do it, but I am glad they did and I am proud to have witness this transformation which is not something many people of my generation would have witness especially coming from Singapore.

India first should think about churning out employable graduates. The american boot licking of Indians is being cried everywhere in USA and H1-B scams are now evident everywhere. How 12 million indians infiltrated USA to steal american jobs and industry. The american now realize that they have been cheated out of their jobs and industry by cunning indians and a massive backlash is on the way. India once again pathetically failed to win hearts and mind.

Silicon Valley Engineers Stuck in Immigration Reform Limbo - Mountain View, CA Patch

The rot in Indian education puts development in doubt: WSJ - LiveNewsIndia.com

Mere 25% graduates in India are employable: Mercer Consulting - Economy and Politics - livemint.com

Meanwhile i see a refreshing change in Saudi Arabia. The Chinese are arriving by dozens to drive indians out of many engineering and technical jobs and even mobile and laptop repair shops. Good because the Chinese can actually fix your broken stuff good rather than scamming your pocket..

SO we can claim credit to their accomplishments and ride on their PR just like we are famous for everywhere..why make your own when eating other man pie is easier!

Looks like someone's US visa application got rejected.

Back
Top Bottom